Loco cholesterol

Wholley shits!
Anybody out there got high cholesterol?
Doctor says mine’s is 275
Woah, NELLIE!

Oh, c’mon, there’s gotta be more people around here with high cholesterol. Go get your blood checked, people.

Not me. Mine’s too low. :noway:

[Forumosa - Taiwan's largest and most active Taiwan-oriented global online community in English … highlight=](Cholesterol too low! - #7 by Bodo

400 before lipitor.
go on the meds before it’s too late.
I had a quad bypass and myoblast transplant at only 40.
also eat lots of fiber and olive oil. stay away from shrimp, shellfish and red meat.
make friends with veggies.

good luck

[quote=“bobl”]400 before lipitor.
also eat lots of fiber and olive oil. stay away from shrimp, shellfish and red meat.

good luck[/quote]
Damn! You had bad genes passed on. When folks have that kind of heart history before the age of 45yrs, it’s not something you did to yourself by overeating, not exercising and all that.

What is a myoblast transplant? Sounds like they transplanted some heart muscle cells into you. How did that work?

Bodo/curious

400! Blimey.

Mine is 268 and the doc has me on Lipitor.

You experiencing any side effects on that one?

Thanks.

[quote=“Bodo”][quote=“bobl”]400 before lipitor.

good luck[/quote]
Damn! You had bad genes passed on. When folks have that kind of heart history before the age of 45yrs, it’s not something you did to yourself by overeating, not exercising and all that.

What is a myoblast transplant? Sounds like they transplanted some heart muscle cells into you. How did that work?

Bodo/curious[/quote]

Sorry for the late reply, just came across it.

They took muscle tissue form my leg about the size of a walnut and grew it in a lab and then injected it into my heart.

I never felt the heart attack, so it was never treated. Half of my heart muscle was dead. Unlike most muscle cells, heart muscle won’t regrow or repair itself, hence the need for the transplant.
Been three years now and I’m still doing ok.
I hope the next advance in this field is for spinal cord growth.

[quote=“bobl”]
They took muscle tissue form my leg about the size of a walnut and grew it in a lab and then injected it into my heart.

I never felt the heart attack, so it was never treated. Half of my heart muscle was dead. Unlike most muscle cells, heart muscle won’t regrow or repair itself, hence the need for the transplant. [/quote]
Where was that done? If in Taiwan, at which hospital and who was your doc?