London Underground Attack-Discussion

Don’t quote them as being devout muslims… they are just murderers… nothing else…

Don’t quote them as being devout muslims… they are just murderers… nothing else…[/quote]

You’re absolutely right. That’s why I said “in their terms”. I don’t believe in Islamic extremist’s “us and them”, or anyone else’s. Even using the words “us” and “them” can be dangerously simplictic in times like these.

So, let’s be clear:

The people who commited these crimes are murderers. Those who sanctioned them are murderers. Those who aided them are accomplices. Those who excuse them are apologists.

Satellite TV: that big finger looks like a flame to me!

[quote=“Hondu Grease”]jdsmith once again shows his knee-jerk illogical side…

“this is against the rules”???

what the hell are the rules?

is one of them attacking a soveriegn nation?
is one of them occupying a nation against their will?
is one of them lying to justify a war against a country that was of no threat to the aggressor?

conventional warfare is not an option for the folks we have angered.

the tragedy in London is a result of the greed/corruption that has saturated the American/British leadership.

lets hope that this incident will cause Tony Blair to rethink his stances regarding the “war on terror”. he would do himself and his country a great service to break away from his allegiance to Bush.[/quote]

No, my friend, my knee jerk thought was to turn the Middle East into a glass table top.

I am so glad that you have realized there are no rules. Good, I now hope the western world powers will realize this as well and begin to dismantle this cruel ideology piece by piece, discarding the insanity that leads to this kind of attack. Modern Islam needs an enema.

AND, as if that weren’t enough, you blame the victims. What the FUCK did these people on the trains and bus have to do with inflicting harm on these people? Your hope is that Blaire backs down? Do you know anything about Islamic Extremists and how they view political kindness?

Your argument is pathetic and you personally disgust me. :raspberry:

But please, state your case. We live in a free world.

Wonder how many other places in the world 37 people died from violence today?
Good day for a bloodbath in Mosul

[quote=“Satellite TV”]Let’s just play nuke dukem with em all… get the job done properly once and for all… before they do it to us

[/quote]

Satellite, your not allowed near any “lets both turn the keys together” systems are you?

[quote=“Alien”]Wonder how many other places in the world 37 people died from violence today?
[/quote] That’s worth a thought… :notworthy:

My wild wild guess is Satellite Jim is this man here on the right:

:wink:

[quote=“qledge”]London police has confirmed the death toll for the London blast climbs to 37 with 700 people injured. Terror alerts were heightened around the world following the blast in London, especially in America and Europe. The United States Homeland security has raised its alert system to amber for mass transit systems, just one notch below the highest alert red.

Our condolences goes out to those affected by this act of terror and may the culprit be apprehended FAST.

Be STRONG London.

QLEDGE. qledge.com[/quote]

Is it just me who thinks this whole “Alert” business is a crock?

[quote=“truant”]

Is it just me who thinks this whole “Alert” business is a crock?[/quote]

How many attacks in the US since the alerts began?

:slight_smile:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“truant”]

:slight_smile:[/quote]
so you saying there were no alerts before sept. 11?

Below is a post I made on another forum. Some of it is a response to discussion occuring there. Still, it sums up my feelings in the wake of this attack very well. I thought I’d share them here:

"I think the purpose of terrorists is mainly psychological. To that end having a a large number of maimed individuals does more to accomplish the terrorists goals than simply killing their victims. Latest casuality report from BBC world estimates somewhere around 700 or so people were injured in some way by the attacks. Walking wounded instill more fear in a population than fatalities. Disrupted lives, maimed people, emergency services and hospitals struggling to cope, grounded transport networks in one of the world’s largest cities and damage to economies (and this is a more important goal than many realise) are exactly what they are aiming for. The London bombings, unfortunately, can be labelled a success in this regard.

They are not a success in the way they convert relatively liberal leaning people, such as myself, into supporters of the war on terror. I now believe that many of the actions taken by governments such as the US and Britain are fully justified and the cause ought to be taken up by more governments. The religious fanaticism behind these kinds of attacks must be stamped out entirely. Countries that support and forward fundamentalist thinking must be undermined and made accountable. Clerics who preach hate must be removed. These people hate us for purely ideological reasons. They dislike us simply for the way we live and they are intolerant of the fact that we don’t live our lives according to their strict fanatical religious interpretations. Make no mistake, these attacks are ideologically motivated and not political. Politics, now, are just an excuse to forward a pre-existing prejudice and hatred against the west. These sorts of attacks were occuring before Afghanistan and Iraq saw occupation (most notably, the NY attacks). You cannot negotiate peace with fundamentalist militants who hate you and want you dead simply for who you are and how you live. There is only one option: fight them. I hope more governments wake up this reality and take action."

They have to be seen to do something and surely a raised alert would mean resources getting allocated to more hours and more people doing what ever they do when on alert.

What took you so long?

[quote=“truant”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“truant”]

so you saying there were no alerts before sept. 11?[/quote]

Yup, sorry it took so long to find it…

[quote]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
In the United States, the Homeland Security Advisory System is a color-coded terrorism threat advisory scale. The different levels trigger specific actions by federal agencies and state and local governments, and they affect the level of security at some airports and other public facilities.

The system was created by Presidential Directive six months after the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, to provide a “comprehensive and effective means to disseminate information regarding the risk of terrorist acts to Federal, State, and local authorities and to the American people.” It was unveiled March 12, 2002, by Tom Ridge, then the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security, but responsibility for developing, implementing and managing the system was given to the U.S. Attorney General.[/quote]

Moderator’s Note: Posts including ethnic slurs such as ‘raghead’ were removed. This is clearly against the rules and any further use will result in disciplinary measures. Direct any discussion regarding Forumosa’s policy against ethnic slurs to the Feedback Forum - Brian

EDIT: Preempted. See Bu Lai En’s post, above.

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“truant”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“truant”]

so you saying there were no alerts before sept. 11?[/quote]

Yup, sorry it took so long to find it…

[quote]From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
In the United States, the Homeland Security Advisory System is a color-coded terrorism threat advisory scale. The different levels trigger specific actions by federal agencies and state and local governments, and they affect the level of security at some airports and other public facilities.

The system was created by Presidential Directive six months after the terror attacks of September 11, 2001, to provide a “comprehensive and effective means to disseminate information regarding the risk of terrorist acts to Federal, State, and local authorities and to the American people.” It was unveiled March 12, 2002, by Tom Ridge, then the Assistant to the President for Homeland Security, but responsibility for developing, implementing and managing the system was given to the U.S. Attorney General.[/quote][/quote]

ok, I understand the purpose of it, but I find the media’s use of it a little sensational. In that respect, I believe the terrorists are achieving their MO.

What happened in London yesterday is the work of sick murderous people who let their twisted ideologies blind them to the rights, freedoms and lives of others.

What I find very worrying is some of the responses on this forum (and some of the responses that came in the wake of past terrorist attacks) in the vein of ‘wipe out the lot of them’. Or people who see these as reasons to further limit human rights or justify non-related wars. Those making these sorts of responses are becoming more and more like those they purport to oppose.

If in responding to savage attacks on civilisation and freedom, we descend into savagery and compromise freedom, then we clearly lose to the attackers.

Brian

[quote=“Ironman”][quote=“Satellite TV”]Let’s just play nuke dukem with em all… get the job done properly once and for all… before they do it to us

[/quote]

Satellite, your not allowed near any “lets both turn the keys together” systems are you?[/quote]

Not yet… but I’m working on it. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Yellow Cartman”]My wild wild guess is Satellite Jim is this man here on the right:

:wink:[/quote]

Nah… who me? It’s trusty ol Slim Pickens from Dr Strangelove by Stanley Kubrick…

OR:

How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb