London's Underground Explosions-Info/News/Updates

Cool Truant, good to hear that.
I’ll be leaving for the night before this thread completely turns into the IP forum. :wink:
Thanks for listening everybody and for all the quick responses.

[quote=“jdsmith”]

Not that these folks were the only terrorists in the world throughout this period.[/quote]
I think you just killed a hamster with a howitzer.

I know my brother is okay. My family has super duper radar spidey sense if one is hurt. I usually know about it 10 minutes before it happens.
Highly exageration. But I am sure he is fine. He is likely not even in the city right now. He is likely off in some field counting sheep and reading books about how we came from monkeys.

As far as what everyone ellse is saying… .the only reason I am keeping my mouth shut is because I frankly don’t have any words to say that won’t make me sound as bitter and angry as I feel. And I would feel this way if my brother were planets away. I just hate how people can be.
Can’t articulate it.

I’m surprised at the low number of deaths. That’s a good thing, if anything good can be said about this attack. My thoughts go out to all Londoners, and the victims and their families.

Peace and strength to the victim’s family and friends and all the people of London…

I only hope that my many friends in London are not amongst the casualties…

As I’m in China on business right now, I have no access to CNN or BBC coverage or websites and one of my only sources for news is forumosa… I’d appreciate it if you guys could keep the details coming in… thanks a lot…

I’m too caught up in the rage and sadness of the moment to comment rationally now, but I can’t help thinking how this boils down to Blair’s support of Bush and his dirty little wars… Since 911 Bush has made the world a far more dangerous place than it ever was before… the innocent people of London are now experiencing this first hand…

it’s just f*cking wrong…

Sure; there’s a news conf going on now. All the tubes are clear; no one is trapped; there are “at least 33 dead”; they don’t know much else, e.g., were they package bombs or suicide bombers, who was involved, etc. The blast on the bus was 1/2 hour after the tubes. There was no power surge as initially thought. The situation appears stable, as the wounded are treated and the police are in full action searching, etc. There was no advance warning to the police, nor any direct claim of responsibility, although one “Islamic” group claiming links to Al Qaeda has claimed responsibility on their website.
Little else is known right now. There were 300 minor injuries and 45 major injuries including amputations, etc. Four hospitals are treating the injured.

Sure; there’s a news conf going on now. All the tubes are clear; no one is trapped; there are “at least 33 dead”; they don’t know much else, e.g., were they package bombs or suicide bombers, who was involved, etc. The blast on the bus was 1/2 hour after the tubes. There was no power surge as initially thought. The situation appears stable, as the wounded are treated and the police are in full action searching, etc. There was no advance warning to the police, nor any direct claim of responsibility, although one “Islamic” group claiming links to Al Qaeda has claimed responsibility on their website.
Little else is known right now. There were 300 minor injuries and 45 major injuries including amputations, etc. Four hospitals are treating the injured.[/quote]

I see that I’m not the only one glued to the tele.

Like insects to a flame? Sigh.

Plasmatron:

For realtime discussion and breaking news: www.talksport.net

Click on “listen now.”

It won’t be censored like the BBC and CNN.

With any luck, the presence will increase. It may also prompt the Government to stop cutting back on the military, Police, Fire Crews and Ambulance services as today will show just how important they are.

Perhaps, in the spirit of things, we Forumosans should have a collection for the bereaved???

I dunno! I’m angry and extremely frustrated. In this remote location what can we do?

[quote=“Roach”]Perhaps, in the spirit of things, we Forumosans should have a collection for the bereaved???

I dunno! I’m angry and extremely frustrated. In this remote location what can we do?[/quote]

Maybe go to a certain British operated type pub, rhymes with Parnegies, call a local TV company and take up a collection and give it to the British “embassy.”

I’m sure I’d be worth a few dollars and a few pints.

The best thing to do Roach is have a good time, because that is exactly what these fuckers DO NOT want us to have.

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Roach”]Perhaps, in the spirit of things, we Forumosans should have a collection for the bereaved???

I dunno! I’m angry and extremely frustrated. In this remote location what can we do?[/quote]

Maybe go to a certain British operated type pub, rhymes with Parnegies, call a local TV company and take up a collection and give it to the British “embassy.”

I’m sure I’d worth a few dollars and a few pints.

The best thing to do Roach is have a good time, because that is exactly what these guys DO NOT want us to have.[/quote]
Please stop being so god damned patronising, I’m an intelligent guy (sometimes)… Words like that are unnecessary but thanks anyway.

What the f##k are Parnegies???

More minor updates for Plasmatron etc.,
Apparently only 4 devices in the tubes and on the bus, not 6+. Fatality counts still not specific, but apparently 33 confirmed in the tubes, plus an unknown number on the bus. Given the descriptions of the bus blast, probably quite a few there, although only 5 confirmed so far.

Sending out love and concern to all those in London, and who’ve been affected by the bombing. I heard about the news on my drive into work today - I guess all this happened while the eastern coast of US was sleeping. Glad to hear that several of you with friends and relatives in London have heard that they’re okay.

Bodo

[quote=“Roach”][quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“Roach”]Perhaps, in the spirit of things, we Forumosans should have a collection for the bereaved???

I’m sure I’d worth a few dollars and a few pints.

The best thing to do Roach is have a good time, because that is exactly what these guys DO NOT want us to have.[/quote]
Please stop being so god damned patronising, I’m an intelligent guy (sometimes)… Words like that are unnecessary but thanks anyway.

What the f##k are Parnegies???[/quote]

gosh, I found someone more bugged out by this than myself…

“Parnegies” sounds like Carnegies

I hear the manager there is soft towards British thangs…

To my fellow forumosans who are from the UK, I will keep your families in my prayers. I hope all are safe and sound…

Thanks for the link, Dangermouse.

Thanks for the updates and links guys…

I was expecting to hear casualty figures in the thousands… at least the death tolls are thankfully not as bad as I’d feared… still a tragic and senseless act of pointless brutality though… in peak rush hour too the f*cking bastards!..

Small miracles . . . the bomb on the bus exploded outside of the London HQ of the British Medical Association

[quote]"I went straight to the BMA courtyard and there were about 40 or 50 doctors there who had either been working in the building or were there to attend meetings.

“My first job was helping to treat a very sick person who had blast injuries. I have been a casualty doctor in my time and also been involved in emergency planning - you don’t forget most of those skills and doctors are trained to cope with these kind of things at a first response level.”

The BMA doctors were being organised by another GP, Dr Peter Holden, who was also at the doctors’ headquarters and is a member of the British Association of Immediate Care trained to deal with casualties in major emergencies.[/quote]

guardian.co.uk/terrorism/sto … 40,00.html