London's Underground Explosions-Info/News/Updates

CSPAN: they just read an ap report which confirms Israeli embassy received warning from Brit police minutes before attack; furthermore, one of the tube stations that was bombed is evidently located directly beneath the building where the Israeli economic conference is being held. Israeli embassy is on lockdown in London…

I think there may be one more since this map has come out.

Lester Square also now confirmed as 6the blast site. Fox News confirmed.

CNBC Europe/CNBC World: Polish government building on fire; partial evacuation underway - not known if related.

news.bbc.co.uk/

Follow the link to live feed.

My friend said they just heard of another explosion in Leicester Square. This is the second time people in the centre have reported new explosions but I have heard nothing so far. They ventured out of the building to stock up at the nearest pub and are now getting drunk.

As I watch the BBC, I’m impressed by the calm demeanor of the people interviewed. Some of them are bleeding but still have a nonchalant attitude when describing what happened-almost as if it were just another day of bad London traffic. I know this and 9-11 aren’t the same, but I can’t help but notice the lack of melodrama in the TV coverage from BBC. So far, I think you poms are taking this in a much more mature way than the Spaniards or Americans did after the attacks in Madrid and New York. :notworthy:

map update

When things like this happen I can’t help but cry so hard. Not because I feel so bad for those injured (and not because my brother and best friend in London right now and my belly is knotted like a net) but because it hurts me so badly to be reminded of how shitty the human race can be.

CNN is reporting 13 bodies left on the trains…don’t know why really…so there were more as some were removed.

Only time will tell, but I truely hope that you are right…

You cannot be serious about the fried food thing!?! At least we have small portions :smiley:. As far as the Teletubbies go, they have nothing to do me. :raspberry:

Thanks

[quote=“SuchAFob”]Roach,
I think the British have less of a propensity for racism than the Americans do. So while there may be some backlash to the middle eastern residents, I doubt it will be as intense as it was in the US.[/quote]
You ever been in Glasgow?

Thank God it wasn’t yesterday at the celebrations.

They might have found another. Doing a controled explosion at the mo.

Sorry to hear about your brother, SuchAFob. Does that mean you haven’t heard from him? Even though I have heard from all my friends there it is still awful to think about it. I have also turned off CNN because they just seem to make things sound worse by constantly repeating the same stuff, interviewing people and trying to turn it into melodrama. Of course it is terrible, but seeing how calm people are on the streets now is a much better indication of what’s happening.
I’m also surprised at all the mixed reports people who are actually at the scene seem to be getting.

FoxNews/SkyNews reporter: 45 unofficial death toll.

I cannot confirm this.

From the G8, no one knows what Chirac was doing in this photo

just got a great one word sms from family in london: “OK”

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Thank god.

My best friend from school tells me he is ok, but without a way to get home. That and his office is right above American Express. He’s a little scared.