Looks like Russia is going to Invade Ukraine

If Crimea is not occupied by Russia at this time ( and no need to say that the peninsula is the key to the whole Black Sea), is there any doubt that it won’t be occupied by US Navy?! For Russia it is much more important than Gibraltar for England.

The critical question about Ukraine is the character of its new “government”. Take a look at bios of those “democrats” who staged the coup in Kiev. The newly appointed Interior Minister Avakov - has been on Interpol list for many years hiding in Italy. Now this guy is in charge of security of the whole country.\ :bravo:
Tymoshenko - the greatest female scammer of all times. Started her political career selling pirate video tapes in a kiosk in Donetsk in late 80-s.
Klichko - a professional boxer who spent most of his adult life in Germany and is not even qualified to be a civil servant, but he is going to be the president.

And…what was the first legal change that the new “government” has implemented? Revocation of multicultural language law. There is also a bill before parliament to ban Russian language media in Ukraine.

By this the German navy would increase its size to 384 ships!

[quote=“taipeitos”]

The critical question about Ukraine is the character of its new “government”. Take a look at bios of those “democrats” who staged the coup in Kiev. The newly appointed Interior Minister Avakov - has been on Interpol list for many years hiding in Italy. Now this guy is in charge of security of the whole country.\ :bravo:
Tymoshenko - the greatest female scammer of all times. Started her political career selling pirate video tapes in a kiosk in Donetsk in late 80-s.
Klichko - a professional boxer who spent most of his adult life in Germany and is not even qualified to be a civil servant, but he is going to be the president.

And…what was the first legal change that the new “government” has implemented? Revocation of multicultural language law. There is also a bill before parliament to ban Russian language media in Ukraine.[/quote]

And that’s not even counting these guys,who have three cabinet posts in the new government,including prosecutor-general.

[quote]Svoboda’s leader, Oleh Tyahnybok, is one of the leading opposition figures during the recent crisis in Ukraine and met with Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain when the former presidential candidate visited the tumultuous country last December.

Tyahnybok and other party leaders have been accused of making numerous anti-Semitic and racist remarks. In 2004, Tyahnybok urged his party in a televised speech to fight “the Moscow-Jewish mafia ruling Ukraine.”

In 2012, deputy party leader Ihor Miroshnychenko called actress Mila Kunis, who was born in the Ukraine, a “dirty Jewess,” which instantly drew international condemnation. Another party official, Yuriy Mykhalchyshyn founded a think tank called the Joseph Goebbels Political Research Centre, which was named as a tribute to the notorious Nazi propaganda minister.

Even the founding name and original name of Svoboda bear an eerie resemblance to the Nazis. They were founded as the Social National Party of Ukraine and adopted the “wolfsangel” rune as their party logo, which was also a symbol used by Waffen-SS divisions in World War II and is a popular icon among neo-Nazis.[/quote]
Read more: dailycaller.com/2014/02/27/contr … z2v2SCHxGy

And this is after Tyahnybok took over and tried to mellow their image.

They’ve got some ugly stuff happening there. But there seems to be much legitimate cause for discontent against the most recent regime. It seems logical to me that many in Ukraine are not interested in spending the next 3, 30 or 300 years under Russia’s thumb, yet again. Within this century Russian rule led to some pretty horrible shit, by any standards. Warts can be cured. Cancer is much trickier. You cut it out and start from there.

The basic problem is Putin does not fear EU or US. Well, of course he does not fear the practically defenseless EU, who would?
But the US seems a little bound militarily to some desert sh*t holes, a little broke, a little demoralized and a little too nice with a constantly smiling president. Whom I adored until this crisis started :blush:.
So we need some Obama bad ass show right now. No idea what that should be.

But I guess it will be rather a waiting game for the next Republican president who then will be or pretend to be such a maniac that Putin stops his gambit.

What rubbish. Diplomacy is the best bet here, Crimea is at least half Russian and has a massive naval port there. Nothing to do with the US, the Ukraine itself is a divided country.

Don’t panic, everybody. It’s way too late for that.

It’s Bush’s fault! It wasn’t his idea, but the silly git went along with it.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … raine.html

[quote]Two experts said the ammunition, particularly small-arms rounds, would have been useful to train Ukraine’s armed forces and million-strong reserves.

‘Vast stocks of conventional munitions and military supplies have accumulated in Ukraine,’ Obama said in am August 30, 2005 statement from Donetsk. ‘Some of this stockpile dates from World War I and II, yet most dates from Cold War buildup and the stocks left behind by Soviet withdrawals from East Germany, the Czech Republic, Hungry and Poland.’

‘We need to eliminate these stockpiles for the safety of the Ukrainian people and people around world, by keeping them out of conflicts around the world.’

More than a year later, President George W. Bush signed into law a proposal authored by Obama and Lugar. [/quote]

Here, in a nutshell, is what’s wrong with the Republicans.

www.cbsnews.com/news/vladimira-putin-no … ace-prize/

It’s a honor just to be nominated.

If we count how many innocent people in Iraq/Afghanistan/Syria/Lybia etc have been killed/displaced by Bush&Obama, I am sure Putin is more than an angel and there is nothing wrong in calling him a peacemaker :laughing: If not Putin, Iran would be on the list above.

Last night I glanced at the front page of Wikipedia and saw news of a recently discovered virus. The virus’s name started with a capital P, had a t and an i in there somewhere, and ended with virus, and right next to it was a picture of Putin. Not paying much more attention to the virus name, I went to the blurb, and saw, “30,000-year-old frozen tundra.” I looked at Putin and thought, “Check.” The blurb went on to say, “the largest giant virus yet found.” I looked at Putin again and thought, “Check.” Then I noticed the i after the P and the h after the t (spelling Pithovirus, not Putinovirus), and I thought, “Aw, damn. But that would have been so cool.”

I’ll give you Iraq and Afghanistan, but how did Bush or Obama contributed to the civil war of Syria and Lybia. In Lybia’s case, had Obama and NATO not interfered, the dude in charge was ready to massacre civilians.

Putin, more than an angel pushed for harsh tactics in Chechnya that killed at least 30,000 civilians in a single year.

If the virus liked flying in jet planes, riding on tanks and wrestling bears you were on to something there.

and who staged the war in Chechnya?! it was the same CIA+AlQaida scenario…
Here is a very interesting piece of information for those who don’t rely on CNN:
intellihub.com/coup-ukraine-illu … me-change/

The Presidential press conference

"My fellow citizens, and members of the world community. A grave crisis has erupted in a neighboring country, where a government democratically elected in an process certified by international observers as legitimate has been overthrown by a bunch of radical street thugs. Not only do these anti-democratic forces represent a hateful and extremist ideology, they are the tools of hostile foreign countries who wish to push the new unelected junta into a military alliance and place their armed forces within striking distance of our homeland.

As you know, we have many of our citizens residing in that country, and they have expressed fear for their lives. As well, the great majority of the population, which opposes these anti-democratic radicals, has been appealing for our intervention. For these reasons only, I am dispatching our forces- to protect the lives of our citizens, to allow the inhabitants of that unfortunate country to choose their own government, and to prevent a hostile foreign military alliance from violating international agreements and placing armed forces in a position to threaten us."

“Thank you, President Reagan. When does the invasion of Grenada commence?”

and who staged the war in Chechnya?! it was the same CIA+AlQaida scenario…
Here is a very interesting piece of information for those who don’t rely on CNN:
intellihub.com/coup-ukraine-illu … me-change/[/quote]

That reads like conspiracy theories, but assume for the sake of argument that it’s true, the US is still not responsible for Russians killing civilians. Russia and Putin made that choice all by themselves.

By the way, freedom promoting NGOs can scream all they want, if the people of Ukraine didn’t want to join EU, nothing would have happened. The fact is President Yanukovich vetoed a trade deal with EU, which caused the majority of Ukrainians to protest. President Yanukovich then pushed to pass anti-protest laws and made protesting illegal which prompted even more protests. President Yanukovich did that to himself.

Actually, he did that to everybody else.

[quote=“bob_honest”]The basic problem is Putin does not fear EU or US. Well, of course he does not fear the practically defenseless EU, who would?
But the US seems a little bound militarily to some desert sh*t holes, a little broke, a little demoralized and a little too nice with a constantly smiling president. Whom I adored until this crisis started :blush:.
So we need some Obama bad ass show right now. No idea what that should be.

But I guess it will be rather a waiting game for the next Republican president who then will be or pretend to be such a maniac that Putin stops his gambit.[/quote]

(in case that was referring to my posting above):

Well, I was actually referring to potential further gambits of Putin. Seeing a series here starting with Georgia (where he invaded as well). Meaning: a too nice US president may invite for further incidents, perhaps in the Baltic states.

[quote=“bob_honest”]
Well, I was actually referring to potential further gambits of Putin. Seeing a series here starting with Georgia (where he invaded as well). Meaning: a too nice US president may invite for further incidents, perhaps in the Baltic states.[/quote]

I think Putin will invade any former Soviet Union states when it’s opportune, w/o giving a rats ass about who is the US president.

Well, I think he is basically a rational guy. So he wants to avoid WW3. He makes kind of a secret service gamble, the stuff he is used to. Like playing chess. Kill someone here and there, but not too many not to make a big thing out of it. Explore weaknesses, take advantage of them.
I personally think raising the level of deterrence will stop him. For instance, the Baltic states are NATO now. However a seemingly weak NATO may tempt him to gamble still about it.
Ain’t that somewhat logical?