Ma can guarantee peace for dozens of years

:laughing: :laughing:

And we all know how well that went. I mean, we do, right?

HG[/quote]

I think you’re missing ac’s subtle logic here. ac wants unification, and with all their experince both in losing wars to the CCP and tongue-ing the rear ends off CCP hard men, the KMT would provide that unification in double fast time.

HG[/quote]

I think you’re missing ac’s subtle logic here. ac wants unification, and with all their experince both in losing wars to the CCP and tongue-ing the rear ends off CCP hard men, the KMT would provide that unification in double fast time.[/quote]

dont be silly. AC’s posts have no and never have had any logic…

unless he means after 50 years of study the kmt has come up with a cunning plan to take back the mainland…

maybe a large wooden horse would do it?

I dunno, I think a formal announcement of Taiwan Independence might just result in an even quicker ‘reunification’.

Let’s make sure I’m getting this right. Some of you gents are more interested in criticizing ac_dropout’s comments… than discussing the Presidential Advisor’s comments about welcoming war as a way of building Taiwanese “consensus”?

Just checking.

cctang, what that’s go to do with the thread?

And by all means, wasn’t readiness for war the trick that CKS used to stay in power for so long?

Wow! CSB’s approval rating is now 20%?! That’s quite an increase over the alleged 5% that he was enjoying only a couple weeks ago (according to AC’s unsubstantiated polls).

Since you are posting this new figure within the thread discussing Mayor Ma’s efforts to establish peace, does that mean that CSB’s approval ratings surged as a result of Ma claiming to guarantee peace?

If so, that must mean that the Taiwanese see through Ma and are throwing their support back to CSB. Thanks for the good news.

Master Kang,

Even if you split the difference, CSB approval rating is only 14%. That’s quite a surge for CSB.

Why not address the issue that the KMT now support peace with the PRC and it is the DPP (who have no experience at military leadership) advocate war?

Unlike GW Bush, CSB doesn’t have the world’s last uber military might to back up his rash actions. It is truly a situation of the Emperor’s New Clothes.

HG[/quote]

I think you’re missing ac’s subtle logic here. ac wants unification, and with all their experince both in losing wars to the CCP and tongue-ing the rear ends off CCP hard men, the KMT would provide that unification in double fast time.[/quote]

Hoho, yes unification fast? Even the CCP couldn’t be more efficient. The KMT typically loses wars faster than the Nazi’s had marched into Paris. Speaking of which, for a period the KMT was the worlds richest democratic party. Now they’re selling buildings and firing staff. Supposedly due to a lack of black funds. WOW.

Taiwan will DEFINITELY unify with China with the ‘efficiency’ of the KMT.

Anyway, they’re paying us now despite a supposed lack of funds. With such ‘wise’ management, the future of Taiwan is looking very Red. Maybe the PRC will add a 6th star just for us.

[quote=“ac_dropout”]Master Kang,

Even if you split the difference, CSB approval rating is only 14%. That’s quite a surge for CSB.

Why not address the issue that the KMT now support peace with the PRC and it is the DPP (who have no experience at military leadership) advocate war?[/quote]

In a March 5th posting in the “Chen abolishes NUC” thread, you claimed that CSB was only enjoying a 5% approval rating. Although asked to do so 3 times, you never substantiated that number.

In your March 30th posting in this thread, his approval rating is 20%.

Now you want to split the difference to 14%.

I’m not interested in unsubstantiated nor arbitrary approval ratings. But, if I do believe every word you say, that his approval ratings have jumped from 5% to 20%, it leaves me wondering why it has quadrupled within 25 days’ time.

Out of left field, I thought CSB’s surging popularity might have to do with the topic of this thread, that Ma can guarantee peace. Yes, anyone can guarantee peace by selling out to China. Just sign here on the dotted line.

Maybe Ma’s autograph-seeking fans are abandoning him in favor of CSB’s “trouble-making” ideas of maintaining the independence of Taiwan. The DPP seems willing to have the military defend the ROC territory if its sacred borders are breached. I think the Ministry of National Defense has its own military leadership capabilities and would not need to rely on CSB to tell it what to do in case of attack.

If you haven’t noticed they are all signing on the dotted line with the PRC these days. USA, Japan, Russia, India, Australia, Brazil…

So now we are back to the soft coup theory. The Ministry acts independently of CSB, that’s a good one, with all his cronies being appointed to key positions.

What it boils down to is would you trust a draft dodger to take you to war. I mean seriously draft dodgers as peacetime leaders seem logical and effective. But draft dodogers advocating war seems more like Fruedian overcompensation complex.

USA, Japan, Russia, India, Australia and Brazil have all “signed on the dotted line”? So, you admit that China is plying economic enticements to attract the world into its sphere of influence. And, Taiwan’s reaction should be to join the club? If they all jumped off a cliff, would you? (Please say yes).

Yes indeed, there are appointees in key positions in the MND. They are more capable of making strategic military decisions than anyone else. That’s why they get the big bucks (and 18% interest rate, for now).

When was this “draft” that CSB “dodged”? Not all young men fulfill their military service in the traditional way.

When did CSB himself, in his own words, advocate war? I missed that headline: “CSB says, ‘I want war!’”

All CSB has done is repeatedly (48 times) try to have the LY debate a reasonable arms procurement package. What it boils down to is would you trust an arms package blocker to take you to war? I mean seriously, arms package blockers as surrendering traitors seem logical and effective.

The public seems to recognize this and has thrown their support behind CSB. As you’ve shown in your postings, his approval ratings have quadrupled in the last 25 days. Of course, if your numbers are all BS, then I will no longer believe every word you say; in fact, I (and hopefully others) won’t believe any word you say henceforth.

I think it was Koo Kuan-min, a presidential adviser, who said recently “I would welcome (a cross-strait military conflict)” because it would give the DPP enough political capital to declare independence. Chen hasn’t been quite as bold on declaring this stance.

taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003300142

But that’s the point, the KMT is trying to avoid military conflict with the PRC. Entering an arms race with the PRC, using outdated and ineffective USA commission, EU built arms which won’t be delivered till we have grandchildren is also not practical.

It is the pan-Green that is interested in heightening the tension with the PRC and restart a military conflict. To be in state of denial about where the TI platform will lead Taiwan is insincere on your part.

Your analogy is a bit off. Are you stating that those countries are acting rashly by engaging the PRC diplomatically, setting aside idealogical difference for mutual economic gain?

It is the ROC under the TI administration that is acting rashly at this point trying to push the rest of Taiwan off the cliff TI, while the world is admonishing TI leadership that it will not assist nor support them in their endeavor.

But that’s the point. USA, Japan, Russia, India, Australia and Brazil are all under China’s economic spell, so of course they will not support Taiwan’s self-determination.

Why is there a so-called “TI cliff” to begin with?
Well, China has stated that TI = War.

And, who made China God?
Their 800 missiles make them all-powerful.

CSB is seeking to counter this with defensive weapons.
Shame on him for increasing tensions!

To be in a state of denial about where the unification platform will lead Taiwan is insincere on Ma’s part. The history of the CCP not fulfilling its guarantees is well-documented (see KMT-Bandits relations; see HK SAR).

Finally, CSB’s approval rating is in fact 18.95%.
“The survey, conducted by Shih Hsin University, was carried out last Sunday through Tuesday. A total of 1,099 respondents were randomly selected by their telephone numbers and asked to rate the performances of the president, the premier and the Cabinet. Among the respondents, 339 lived in either Taipei City or Taipei County. In terms of political affiliation, 290 respondents identified themselves as Chinese Nationalist Party (KMT) supporters, while 145 were Democratic Progressive Party supporters. The rest of the interviewees preferred not to declare their political affiliation.” taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/ … 2003300504
That’s how it’s done. If you’re going to offer approval ratings, cite the source. If the sample is not representative of the population, any reader can ascertain that.

[/i]

Whether his approval rating is 18% or 4%, Chen Shui-bian is about as popular as a school mom at a NAMBLA meeting. And that’s really the bottom line.

You can argue all day about the moral failings of the other nations of the world, throwing themselves off a cliff because of China’s economic influence… you can criticize all day the Legislative Yuan’s obstructionist policies… but no matter how you paint your self-righteous pig, the Taiwanese people as a whole are clearly dissatisfied with Chen Shui-bian’s policies.

Taiwan’s a democracy, after all. And the voters, democratically, are placing the blame for the current situation at the feet of Chen Shui-bian and the DPP. The voters, quite frankly, want to throw themselves off that cliff if it promises them peace and potential prosperity.

The “opinion polls” that really matter take place in the voting booth. And the voters last judgement of Chen Shui-bian was his 50.1% victory in 2004. The extent to which losses in local elections reflect disapproval of CSB’s cross-strait policy, if at all, is far from clear.

Remind me again of the fine Taiwanese battle of resistance angainst the Japanese - I beleive that amounts to getting slaughtered and developing Stockholm syndrome for those that tried systematically Japanify the place. Oh, I know, how about the Taiwanese soldiers in WW2? They really slaughtered those hapless Chinese and US Marines…

Actually that whole incident is still being contested to this day.

The most objective thing you can say is the judge allow CSB to retain office instead of letting chaos continue on the island.

If you haven’t noticed they are all signing on the dotted line with the PRC these days. USA, Japan, Russia, India, Australia, Brazil…

So now we are back to the soft coup theory. The Ministry acts independently of CSB, that’s a good one, with all his cronies being appointed to key positions.

What it boils down to is would you trust a draft dodger to take you to war. I mean seriously draft dodgers as peacetime leaders seem logical and effective. But draft dodogers advocating war seems more like Fruedian overcompensation complex.[/quote]

This is quite deplorable. Chen Sui Bian’s military service was deferred because he is severely handicapped. None of the male children of James Soong or Lien Chan have served in the ROC miitary.
goldsea.com/PAC/index.php?s=1bc1 … er&f=3&t=9

Actually that whole incident is still being contested to this day.

The most objective thing you can say is the judge allow CSB to retain office instead of letting chaos continue on the island.[/quote]

He got more votes. He was certified by the CEC. There was a recount that confirmed it. What was the alternative? Give it to the guy who got fewer votes, because his people are really pissed off?
I completely understand why people were suspicious and demanded an investigation. But you need more than suspicions to throw out an election! It’s pretty clear that no actual evidence of wrongdoing turned up in time.