Ma can guarantee peace for dozens of years

Whether it was 50.1% or 49.9%, Chen Shui-bian received a lot of votes in 2004. I don’t see any reason to dispute that.

Do you dispute the DPP has been performing far worse since that election? Do you believe Chen Shui-bian would do just as well if another presidential election was held today?

[quote=“cctang”]Whether it was 50.1% or 49.9%, Chen Shui-bian received a lot of votes in 2004. I don’t see any reason to dispute that.

Do you dispute the DPP has been performing far worse since that election? Do you believe Chen Shui-bian would do just as well if another presidential election was held today?[/quote]
They say that in all presidential elections. Bush won again anyway. Clinton moaned in pleasure in the oval office.

So yeah, we’re talking fun here.

Anyway, given that the KMT’s historical inability to defend itself leads me to really worry about their dealing with the CCP, considering they were constantly duped by the CCP. I don’t think any positive change will happen.

Keep in mind, Taiwan was the most technologically advanced and economically capable in Asia, behind Japan, during the last years of Japanese rule. Now we have fell to the 4th place?

An editorial from the Taipei Times taipeitimes.com/News/editori … 2003301079

[quote]After six years of rule under the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP), the public already has a clear idea of the party’s performance. Nowhere in the administration can pro-independence activists see any push for localization and national identification.

Today, the capability, morals and ideals of the DPP have all been called into question. Ironically, despite accusations of the DPP’s close ties to the business world, the majority of the businesses that are actually making a profit are run by pan-blue supporters. The party’s elected officials have not performed much better. Their ethical standards have slipped far below when they served in the opposition. All of these have saddened and angered the party’s supporters. Not surprisingly, the ruling party’s approval rating has fallen drastically

The DPP seems to be running scared after Ma’s seemingly successful US trip. But Ma – the Taipei mayor who has yet to prove himself as an effective official – is not the threat. Neither is the pro-blue media that has been busy building up Ma’s image. Rather, the threat comes from within, that is, the DPP’s corruption. Before the 2000 power transfer, the media also leaned heavily in favor of the pan-blue camp. However, the pub-lic, believing in the DPP’s clean image and capability to create a vision for Taiwan, chose to cast their lot with the party. Unfortunately, the party has lost itself in the power struggle and forgotten its promises to the public.

What the DPP needs now is not a forum on party affairs or a debate on its policies. Rather, it needs to engage in soul searching, revive its ideals, restore party discipline and recover lost moral ground. This is the only way to regain the public’s passionate support.[/quote]