Made redundant by robots?

:left_speech_bubble: Either you run the day or the day runs you. — Jim Rohn

1 Like

See? :slight_smile:

DB clearly isn’t a viable replacement for Freud…yet, which is kinda reassuring.

KPMG is investing US $450 million on a training facility in Florida to prepare their workers for automation and AI:

https://qz.com/1187101/davos-2018-kpmg-building-campus-to-rival-universities-to-skill-up-workers-in-digital-revolution/

But I was left wondering what skills should they be teaching exactly that universities don’t already teach?

Here is an excerpt:

We’re developing a very structured curriculum and what we refer to as milestone training. It’s pretty complicated as we’re trying to build it out for so many skills sets, which will range from management and accounting, to very technical training for the cyber team. It will be very comprehensive,” says Doughtie.

That doesn’t sound a lot different from what universities are doing. If creativity and adaptability are human’s strengths for now, will this fancy environment and buildings really help?

I can picture it now: angry men moaning about these blue haired kids with their useless skill set studies degrees, which will (of course) destroy civilization… :upside_down_face:

Isn’t this an oxymoron? Or maybe they’re just regular morons. :sunglasses:

Sheesh, cows these days…

You’re really getting my goat, man…

Not bad, though I find some artworks generated by deep learning a lot more creepy, for instance:

Google DeepDream for more.

1 Like

Still talking about robots instead of boobs?

Still thinking about boobs instead of robots? That’s a rhetorical question…

What do you personally prefer to do?

Think about robots with boobs, of course.

I remember something like this from Mazinger Z when I was a child:

Although future was more benign than what we thought back then:

Wonder what the payload in those boobs is. I’m guessing it’s not milk.

Mala leche.

I’m thinking estrogen.

Feminism.

Are you saying feminism is a destructive force? (don’t answer!)

Dunno… but it involve boobs (not necessarily, not usually good ones), and loads of mala leche.