Major Mosque shooting in Christchurch NZ

No doubt!

I’m certain most people wouldn’t do this under normal circumstance. But I still think we are almost all certainly capable of unimaginable evil under certain circumstances.

never a truer word spoken

Like if the stores started playing la macarena again

1 Like

Indeed. Righteousness is a major problem. Religious fundamentalists are righteous. Far Right loons are righteous. All these twats are convinced they are right.

1 Like

come on the new testament teaches peace and good will unto all men

But people corrupt the word of god all the time. Scripture constantly warns of false prophets and Jesus was always annoyed with religious fundamentalist of his time because they’re so caught up with being righteous and miss the point completely.

Yes, if people followed scripture there would be more peace on earth.

1 Like

Fundamentalist Christians draw their beliefs from the New Testament? Unless I’m misunderstanding your point, I think you’re wrong.

They do from the new and old. the radical and uncompromising ones just take everything so literall, it’s silly. It’s amazing how some of them can read and quote the Bible to the dot, but still miss the point of it all.

2 Likes

You are right he has a license for a gun and legally acquired five guns. Why a tourist who lived in New Zealand is able to do this is being looked at. They intend to change NZ gun laws.

Now calif has many people who are allowed to own guns too and the background check is easy to pass. I have several co workers who have many guns .

But in calif you are not allowed to take them out of your house unless the gun is empty and you carried them in your trunk say to a shooting range.

Of course a crazy person could do the same thing here in calif as so many have guns. They only cost 500 to 1000 bucks or less.

In Texas apparently people are allowed to carry them.

Perhaps we should all be armed. Because the good guys outnumber the bad guys but the bad guys always hVe guns and the good guys don’t

If most adults carried guns perhaps these mass shootings wouldn’t happen in places where many are gathered

Perhaps gun education should be like drivers ed and not only crazies are armed.

If faced with a crazy shooting people around me I’d want to be armed

If society can not control these types of events then we should be like in the Wild West and all are armed.

The alternative is for all to surrender their guns and make carrying one without a permit punishable by automatic one year in jail

This won’t happen in the USA

Not to jump in here, but this is definitely one of my biggest frustrations among the Christian community.

Guilty as charged.

1 Like

I take this as “If more people shared a common peaceful moral/ethical foundation” there’d be more peace on Earth. It could come from Star Trek or Grateful Dead lyrics. Doesn’t must be the word of god.

2 Likes

If it is the word of God then the scriptures are the key to peace True peace comes from a belief in our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. The same evils in his day still persist today but in different forms. Some believe but do not have true faith. They water down the holy scriptures or cherry pick it to suit their needs. If you do that you will just fall by the wayside.Peace on this earth will come through Jesus Christ the Nazarene. Faith just the size of a mustard seed can move mountains… All things beautiful come through the creation of God , it is just that we are tempted away from the pure path by the “Satun Light Bearer” . It is only when we see or experience the vile , twisted , demonic lifestyles some individuals or cultures choose to.follow do we then see the greater glory of God through his servant the light bearer… Stay to the teachings of Jesus through the scriptures and you will not stray from the narrow path of light , purity , salvation and finally deliverance.
Screenshot_20190316-234305_Chrome

Cain and Abel. People have been killing each other since the beginning of time. We have to look out and report others that we know want to hurt people.

Jesus would constantly criticize people acting that way. Saying they teach about God but did not love god and preach and mislead others into a dead religion. Follow the law and are quick to punish with the laws of God, but forget the laws are about being just and merciful. Say they would never reject the prophets of the past, and quote the words of god. But reject the logos, the son of God right in front of them.

Not to mention repeated warning of following false prophets. A lot of them follow without questioning what they were told.

1 Like

Let us agree to disagree on this point. If it works for you, wonderful. I personally am not wired for a belief in religious redemption, nor are my actions morally and ethically bound by any religious belief system.

Yeah, but a) they didn’t really exist and b) Cain had beef with Abel; I don’t see Captain Knucklehead shooting up a mosque or two because he had a legit beef with any of those people or their religion.

What are these?

1 Like

This is not about this religion is better than that religion, my religion is correct and all others are wrong, i don’t care who has the fasted fire truck or the biggest dad.

A lot of innocent people where killed who where just doing what they normally do on a Friday.

You are never going to stop lunatics and fanatics, but let’s not enable them.