Marriage between Taiwanese and Moroccan

Hello guys, I’m from morocco, and I need your help. Im a student in taipei, and me and my boyfriend decided to get marry here in Taiwan but they told me I need a single status (certificate of celibacy ) from my country, and translated in chinese and certified by taiwan, but there is no office of taiwan in morocco, so everyone keeps telling me that I should go to France because its the closest one, and its not easy for me to go to France, I need visa for it, and I will lose my visa for Taiwan, and Its really impossible for me to go there, also in morocco I can only have a translated certified by china, but they dont accept it here, do you have any solution to my problem ?? please helo me… thank you in advance

1 Like

some people marry in hong kong, but you still need your criminal check stamp by the taiwanese office in France.

https://www.boca.gov.tw/sp-foof-countrycp-01-129-8e956-2.html

My advice is to call the Taipei office in France (everyone have different rules), and some family can send the papers by post, and then the office can send you to Taiwan, normally they do after a fee. But call because you may need some stamp on the papers, and you need a criminal record, single certificate and birth certificate
Normally people translate the papers in Taiwan themselves.

2 Likes

Thank for your reply, but I already called them, and they told me that I should certify my documents in morocco’s embassy first, and then take them to taipei’s office to certify them again. and I can’t do that because I have no one i france to do all of this for me, so I’m interested to know if there is a way to do all of that in morocco’s embassy and Taipei’s office in hong kong.

did you ask if you can send by post ?

Only the France TECO can do that for you

I just checked and its possible, but no birth certificate, I will need only my single status and my criminal check to marry in taiwan, and they asked me about a copy of my passeport and the fee, do you think I will need a birth certificate to marry in taiwan ? I was in the house hold today and they didnt mention it :thinking:

Not sure about Moroccans but US citizens all they need is an affidavit from AIT stating they are single, take to MOC and have stamped, go to HHR register the marraige.

1 Like

its depend on the country, so maybe not

Edit: So now I think is not necessary the birth certificate, I’m in the process to get married and I thought I need that

1 Like

No birth certificate no health check required anymore. They’re going to get you on all the other stuff when you try to apply for the JFRV

1 Like

thanks! also didn’t know about the health check! thanks

1 Like

Thank you guys, and yes the health check and criminal record are for the arc, I hope some moroccan who had the same experience will read this post, really got sick of going from office to office, and I dont understand why they dont accept the certification by china, i can easily do it in morocco, I feel like im paying for some political problems, its crazy

They will not accept certification by China it has to be certified by Taiwan or Taiwam Teco

2 Likes

Hey Mireille,
This is probably so late. But if you are still using this forum I am facing the same situation so can you share with me your experience,

Or if anyone has informations about it please let me know, any information will be helpful.

1 Like

Hey there

Is your country represented by taipei office in Paris ? If yes, then they need to authenticate your single certificate. First you need to get the single certificate done in your country, then you need to translate it to english, then do “l’apostille” in the court, and finally you need to send these documents to taipei office in paris, they will authenticate them for you, check this website : https://www.roc-taiwan.org/fr_fr/post/132.html
You don’t need to go to france, you can just send the documents to a friend, with an authorization Letter signed by you. That’s all you need to get married in Taiwan.

3 Likes

Hey , wow I didn’t expect to get a reply as it was written a long time ago, Much appreciated,
Yes it’s in France, Actually I am a Moroccan, that’s why I said almost the same situation as you.
Ohh that’s good to know,
So i just need to translate it to English in my home country?
And should I send the original document or they accept scanned ones ?
And how long from your experience did that take you to do ?
Thank you in advance Mireille!!

1 Like

yes I receive updates about topics here ^^

You need to translate it to english first ( the translator should be accredited by the Court) and then you need to do “apostille”, It’s very important, it’s just a form of authentication
in order to make your documents usable in France, because france will not accept to authenticate your documents without this, and the rest is easy, apostille is also done in the court, I don’t really remember how it’s done but you can ask the translator, people there are very familiar with the procedure, because it’s an agreement between morocco and France, to make moroccan stamps recognized by france.

And the last step is sending the single certificate to your friend / family, you need to send the originals + the authorization letter ( very basic just your informations and that you allow your friend to do the procedure for you + signature ), and a bank check, I think 13 euro for every document + the form that you should download, fill and sign, you can find it in the website above, +A copy of your friend’s ID, and you can also email taipei office in paris, and show them the documents before sending them, they’re very reactive and very helpful :
brtf@mofa.gov.tw
Also it will take less than one month, depends of moroccan offices, the procedure in paris takes 3 days, but you can also choose to get it the next day if you pay more, and you can use DHL, it’s more fast.

Oh and I forgot another step, when I finally got my single certificate authenticated by france, I translated it to chinese in Taiwan, and then I went to a public notary ( you can find a lot of them in taipei ) and I had the chinese version certified by them, the public notary asked me to bring the translator with me, so that was the last step.
Sounds very troublesome I know but it worked haha
Let me know if you need something else
Good luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Omg you are awesome, you answered all my questions at the same time, thank you so much,
And Happy Eid too btw,
And do you feel I should prepare something else, like something that I will also need later, like nationality for example etc.

1 Like

Hey, happy Eid to you too !
Oh I just don’t wish anyone to have the same struggle :joy::joy: It was HELL .

For Nationality, I don’t think you need to prepare something from Morocco, except may be a proof that Moroccans can’t reject their nationality ? You can check this document to be sure :

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ris.gov.tw/documents/data/2/4/b3cb1de4-323d-406e-aaa9-139e73e8ad8f.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjr4_6uoOz4AhWZWcAKHaqFBAAQFnoECAIQBQ&usg=AOvVaw1YFEl2Q1fzLlXubxCx7QNE

And for the spouse visa, I don’t know if you already have a resident visa or not, but If not then the immigration office will ask you to bring a Moroccan marriage certificate + a criminal record ( same procedure of authentication in taipei office in Paris ) , It’s a must to get the spouse visa

God bless you for that !!!
Oh that document is useful thank you!!
My finace is a Taiwanese so I don’t think she really needs that , but i will check everything well.
You have been so helpful I can’t thank you enough :rose::rose::rose:

1 Like

I meant your ARC, it’s called spouse visa, if you have a visitor visa, they will ask you to bring a Moroccan marriage certificate and a criminal record, in order to get the ARC.
You’re welcome ! Good luck and congratulations :slight_smile:

Ohhh i think I have to do all at the same time then. Most importantly to find someone living in Paris lol.
Thank you :rose:

1 Like