Marriage between Taiwanese and Moroccan

Hello guys, I’m from morocco, and I need your help. me and my wife (taiwanese citizen) got married during covid.
I want to register our marriage in Morocco, but I don’t know how, can you help me? Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hey Hicham,
Are you planning to go with her to Morocco and Marry or you want to register your Taiwanese marriage in Morocco ? It may sound the same but It’s actually two different procedures

1 Like

Do you have a particular end goal here @hicham? Are you intending to reside here, return to Morocco, or something else?

1 Like

Hey Mireille
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I want to register my taiwanese marriage in Morocco.

Hey Hicham, i’d like to ask if you registered your marriage in morocco

Hey Mireille ,
any idea about register Taiwanese marriage in Morocco?

They may not know you are talking to them if you don’t put the @ before their name.

Yes there is a way but it was complicated like hell, it’s all done in the moroccan family court

@mireille Could you please explain to me, I’m currently in Taiwa Already have taiwanese marriage certificate and i wanna apply for resident they said I should give them marriage certificate from morocco

@Marco Thank you Marco

The procedure is called Exequatur, a lawyer can do it for you, try to find a Moroccan lawyer, and explain the situation to him. It’s a procedure to convert a foreign marriage to a Moroccan one, it takes around one or two months if all your paperwork is fine.

@mireille so I should send mariage certificate to morocco or I have to go Morocco to convert it?

I think it’s better to go, I’ll send you more details

1 Like

Hello mirelle I really need your help am Moroccan I got married to Taiwanese online in the USA and its valid In Taiwan the problem is I want to apply for my visa to go to Taiwan and i don’t know what to do also i can’t apply from France because i don’t know anyone there can you please help me

just to clarify your situation, do you mean your marriage is already registered in your spouse’s household registry? also registered in Morocco?

is the spouse a national with household registration, or a national without it?

are you living together in abroad now, or is your spouse in Taiwan and you are in Morocco?

the procedure to get your visa may depend on these things.

1 Like

still not registered cause I need a Chinese name declared and am not in Taiwan am in morocco and he is in Taiwan and I don’t know what type of visa I need to apply

is it right that you are now trying to get your marriage certificate authenticated in the US to register it in Taiwan, and for that you need a Chinese name declared? or the marriage certificate is already authenticated, and you can add your Chinese name later, once you declare your Chinese name?

I guess your declaration of Chibese name should be authenticated in France before it is sent to the US or Taiwan, because you write it in Morocco. if you already got your single certificate in Morocco authenticated, you can do it in the same way.

you also need to register your marriage in Morocco, before you apply for your visa. that part, @mireille’s posts may help.

I’m assuming you need a visa to reside in Taiwan. Just to visit, marriage ragistration may not be necessary.

2 Likes

Hey
You can also apply from Hong Kong, not only France. And if you want to get a visitor visa for visiting family, you need to register your marriage in Taiwan first

1 Like

Can you please tell me how can I get a spouse visa from Hong Kong?

i assume you mean a resident visa as a spouse.

there are two ways.

• get a visitir visa as a spouse in Hobg Kong (or Morocco), then convert it to a resident visa in Taiwan
  • get a resident visa in Morocco

before you get a visitor visa, your marriage sould be registered in Taiwan. before you apply for a resident visa, your marriage should be registered in Morocco too. it may be easier you are in Morocco to register a marriage in your country.

so, the step would be 1. register your marriage in Taiwan, 2. register your marriage in Morocco, 3. apply for a visitor visa in Hong Kong/Morocco then a resident visa in Taiwan, or apply for a resident visa in Morocco.

people often choose the first way, because you don’t need a health check for a visitor visa, and getting it in Taiwan is easier.

you could first consult to TECO in France if you can apply for a visitir/resident visa as a spouse by mail, before you go to Hong Kong to apply for a visitor visa as a spouse.

how to apply for a visitor visa
https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-158-251-e78ef-2.html

how to appky for a resident visa
https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-166-280-9f808-2.html

if you and your spouse have never lived together, it is possible they wouldn’t give you a visitor/resident visa as a spouse, even if you prepare all the documents required. in that case, you may need to come on a visitor visa as a tourlist or visiting purpose first, then get a visitor visa as a spouse in Hong Kong after you stay with your spouse in Taiwan for a while.

3 Likes