Marriage between Taiwanese and Moroccan

Thank you so much tando for the details
I think the best solution is to get married in Hong kong first then we can convert it to Taiwan marriage after this i can apply for a spouse visa from hong kong. can I do this?!

you already got married, no? you said the marriage is valid in Taiwan. What exactly do you mean? if the marriage certificate is already authenticated in the US, the second mariage could cause some trouble.

assuming you haven’t got married yet,
if you get married in Hong Kong, registering your marriage in Taiwan may not be much easier than registering your US marriage from Morocco, because you need to get your single certificate authenticated in France again. if you get the declaration of your Chinese name authenticated instead, maybe your US marriage can be registered in Taiwan.

remember, to get a spouse visa, your marriage should be registered in Morocco too. doing it from Taiwan may be more difficult than registering your marriage in Taiwan from Morocco.

2 Likes

Thank you Tando for all this information now we will
apply my country marriage first can you please tell me what the procedure that we need or a good lawyer to do that for us in a short time :slight_smile:

did you already check these pages?

https://www.consulat.ma/en/registration-civil-marriage-consular-services

https://www.consulat.ma/en/establishment-act-marriage-adoulairebetrothed-consular-services

i have an impression that your marriage should be registered in Taiwan first to “register” it in Morocco, but @mireille may have more information.

1 Like

Hey @tando, Actually no, It’s better to register in Morocco then Taiwan, because Morocco’s marriage is based on religious laws, so she should proove that she got married in Taiwan in a religious way, and that her husband was muslim at that time, which is very complicated, because the Taiwanese marriage doesnt have any religious aspect, but the opposite is easier because any marriage can be converted to a taiwanese one without religious restrictions.
And the only way to get a resident visa for spouse, is to register the marriage in the applicant’s country, so it’s a must, except for people who already have a resident visa for work or studies purpose, I have few moroccan friends who managed to get the spouse arc without registering their marriage in Morocco, they only needed the household certificate ( because they already had arc so it’s a different procedure)

3 Likes

if it is which is better to “get married”, i agree. but the poster is already married in US. So, they need to “register” the marriage in both country. if it is not registered in Taiwan, doesn’t they need to visit Moroccan embassy in US? but, im not very familier to this situation, so just my impression.

if they could ignore the already made marriage, it may be easier to get married in Morocco first…

I think they got married online, so I’m not sure if they can convert that, I Heard a lot of Americans were struggling to register their American marriage in Taiwan, because they have no registration system, but their TECO wa helping them, so I think for non American citizens It should be worst. I already told her to check if she could use that American marriage in Morocco, but Im not super sure

1 Like

The poster said the marriage is valid in Taiwan. if it means their marriage certificate was already authenticated by TECO in US, they are supposed to register it in Taiwan anyway.

if the marriage is also recognized in Morocco, its registration in both countries could be done independently.

سلام I am Taiwannese Muslim in Taiwan and I want to get to Morroco to marry with my girlfriend next year, i want to know how can I get marriage affidavit شهادة أهلية
from Morroco in Taiwan , because she said it is necessary to marry her. But by political reasons our government they don’t know how to help me get marriage certificate from Morroco. Do you finally register marriage in Morroco? If you succeed can you tell me how to do for that marriage registration?

Hey, Im sorry but I don’t know how to get that document, I got married in Taiwan first, then I did a marriage transcription in the Moroccan court “exequatur” to make the Taiwanese marriage recognized in Morocco. It took me 6 months and three refusals before finally getting it so I was thinking that marrying in Morocco first is easier. However, recently a friend couldn’t do that ( she also commented on this topic) She couldn’t marry in Morocco even with a lawyer’s assistance ! So try to find a lawyer and get his advice first :confused:

3 Likes

Okay, thanks.i heard some people married in Hong Kong and give document certificated in Taiwan. Are you thinking it’s a good idea? Without another nationality Taiwannese people are difficult to register marriage like people from other countries

Hey,
Yes few people did this long time ago, so i’m not sure if it’s still doable ! Just be ready, it’s a long battle of phone calls and disappointments !! Not only with Moroccan offices but also Taiwanese offices, I got a lot of “sorry we made a mistake” or “we didn’t know” :person_facepalming: you have to try a lot of things and one of them will work, so start with asking the immigration office if they’re going to accept a certificate from hong kong, and try to visit 3 or four immigration offices to get as much informations as possible before traveling !!! Good luck