Matrix Reloaded (spoilers)

What is it with wire stunts? If there’s anything that’s likely to turn me off during a movie, it’s having to watch circus antics. The fight scenes in Matrix Reloaded were only slightly more impressive than those in Charlie’s Angels – but they still reek of amateur theatrics. A total downer. Far better to go all the way with CGI and at least have movie characters obey the laws of physics.
And there’s nothing lamer than stealing another movies signature scene. Stopping the hail of bullets? Did the Matrix people really think that nobody saw the first X-Men movie? :unamused:

No, no, monkey. Don’t you remember in the first Matrix how he stops the bullets at the end of the film? That came out a year before XMEN did.

I don’t think that the Architect is showing previous meetings with the One on the background screens. There were only 5 One (Ones?) or so before Neo and there’s far too much different reactions showed. I think it is just part of the Architect abilities: generate many different reactions of Neo (or the Matrix) to be ready to face any answer or possible outcome (like a computer playing chess). And I definitely don’t think the previous One’s did look like Neo.

The merovigian (the french speaking guy) is a an independant software like the Oracle or the new Smith. I don’t think he was a previous One. Or maybe he was an attempt of generating a software version of the One, an anomaly that the Matrix can trigger when needed and no need to wait for a human One. Something went wrong on the way…

I don’t like the marketing in the movie, the latest Ducati and Cadillac (is it? I suck at car’s brand). It’s not James Bond yet but almost. The Matrix is suppose to re-create the worl of the 80’s. Remember the green “Wake up Neo” on his monochrome computer. That wasn’t the latest fancy computer from Sony or Apple! And Matrix reloaded is supposed to take place only 6 months after the first one (mention in the movie about the number of people getting “free” since Neo arrived). Or is it longer than that?? The gf of the new navigator seems to complain he’s been away for longer than that…

Why Morpheus can fight an upgraded agent while he was running away from them in the first movie like a taiwanese is running away from a coughing guy?? Being around Neo makes people better?

I also regret that we don’t really see that all these fights are supposed to take place at an incredible speed. Something like: Neo has time to kick ten Smith’s asses while his candy falls on the ground…

I think we can discuss this for a long time…

Mistakes:
http://www.moviemistakes.com/film.php?filmid=3144

us.imdb.com/Goofs?0234215

I feel like taking back the good things I said about IMDB as Matrix Reloaded has an average rating of 7.5!

The French guy.

Merovingian

A Frankish ruling dynasty (c. A.D. 450-751) founded by Merovech (fl. fifth century) and brought to prominence by Clovis I.

Was that really his name? I wonder why?

Supposedly, there’s been a series of Matrix inspired killings in the US…

So don’t get too carried away with the idea, folks.

I watched the whole Matrix at AXN the other day; it was great. So yesterday when it was raining hard which kept me from hiking or long walks, I decided to go seeing Matrix Reloaded even though I’ve read some negative comments in this thread.

It turned out not so bad. Of course the storyline is farfetched. Some fighting scenes are too long. And the Superman trick is funny and disappointing. Come on, can’t create any more imagination so the Superman trick becomes the easiest way to solve all the fatal crises at critical moments? :unamused: Sexual scenes are superfluous. Oh and I swear, I saw a quick 3P (2 girls with 1 boy) take in the dancing scene! :shock:

There’s one part I don’t get it: how did Neo develop the power to cure dying Trinity, like Jesus is able to cure ill people in the Bible? Is it because he is the One, so he is All Mighty? Did I miss something in the first half of this movie?

Well, fighting is great although it kind of reminds me of HK action movies. Overall, it still provides good visual entertainment if we don’t expect too highly. And after the long movie, it was 8:30 pm, there was not much rain anymore, so I took a long walk from Warner to where I live near Hsin-Yi, 2 sec. That WAS a plus to this movie experience!!

The matrix is just a big prigram right? certain entities, like The Merovingian (who is a rogue computer program) are able to insert their own code, and alter the code of the matrix. The Merovingian shows Neo this. Presumably Neo can pretty much do anything if he believes it enough.

Brian

A friend of mine was in that Matrix dance scene (you know the one). I couldn’t find a picture of him, but I did find a drawn picture on the box of a movie he made (and miltownkid has a role in :sunglasses: ). That dance scene was filmed in some club in San Francisco.

You can see him 3 times, he’s one of the guys that jumps up really high in front of the camera.

[HERE’S] the picture of him. (he’s currently working on part 2 of the 3 part trilogy)

It is a small world after all.