McDonald's Declares War on Common Sense, Wins

Bad enough they use Olympic gold medal yahoos to promote their sludge, now they’re using Wang Chen Min to hawk a FOUR PATTY Big Mac on TV.

I’m not loving it.
:raspberry:

marketing my man…marketing…

Sell the sizzle not the steak…strike while the iron (Wang) is hot…

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]marketing my man…marketing…

Sell the sizzle not the steak…strike while the iron (Wang) is hot…[/quote]
Wang being a souless prick celebrity who despite their millions need more is not the point TC. After Supersize Me, and Fast Food Nation, that Mcdonald’s has the steroid enhanced balls to sell such a godawful four burger monstrosity makes me wonder …and shake my head in bewilderment.

Steering the customer that is, it’s proven that most people choose to order the middle of a range … now the 2 patty big mac will sell better …

Oh, come on. Are you telling me if McDonalds offered you 10 times what your school makes in a year to pitch hamburgers you wouldn’t take it? Morality sucks, sucker. Where do I sign?[/quote]

Oops, make that 1,000 times what you make in a year.

I don’t know what McD pays, but here are a few top shoe endorsement deals.

So, maybe Wang’s getting $10M or $20M to pitch burgers. Are you telling me you wouldn’t sell out for that kind of dough?

I never believe this monster will sell well … BTW, Taiwanese go to McD. to eat fried chicken and rice burgers …

Oh, come on. Are you telling me if McDonalds offered you 10 times what your school makes in a year to pitch hamburgers you wouldn’t take it? Morality sucks, sucker. Where do I sign?[/quote]

So, maybe Wang’s getting $10M or $20M to pitch burgers. Are you telling me you wouldn’t sell out for that kind of dough?[/quote]

ME selling out is not the point either. THEY don’t need the money. It would be better to ask them why they did take the dough when they’re good without it.

The point is that this ahem, “meal” is so incredibly bad for human consumption.

I’m tempted to buy one just so I can be shocked when I try to eat it all. I haven’t had a McBurger in over a year.

i had one the other day cos i was in junk food sort of a mood. Kinda wished i hadn’t. The first half was ok but by the end the taste of cardboard had over whelmed my mouth.

Enjoy your McStroke.

I’m tempted to buy one, try to eat it and then puke all over the McCountertop.

Maybe sooner or later they can do a cross promotion with Phillip Morris.

“Would you like a McSmoke with that?” :rainbow:

[quote=“jdsmith”]Bad enough they use Olympic gold medal yahoos to promote their sludge, now they’re using Wang Chen Min to hawk a FOUR PATTY Big Mac on TV.

I’m not loving it.
:raspberry:[/quote]

I saw that monstrosity today at the local Mickie-Ds. My jaw dropped to the floor, but even then my mouth wasn’t wide enough to be able to accommodate one.

The fried chicken and french fries are FAB. I was a vegetarian from 9-10 to 23 years old so I didn’t eat MacFood until adulthood (maybe once, when I was young, if I remember rightly). Good god, I wept, at how GOOD french fries tasted. Bangkok, 1998, a student bought them for me, as we enjoyed the air-conditioned goodness. An almost religious joy.

Don’t really eat it, these days though. I am a bit of a fatarse, to say the least, and believe it or not, I have made the connection.

The aircon is key, in Asia, not the advertising. People go there to do stuff, in Asia.

Well that’s saved me the bother. I’ve just remembered the awful aftertaste of McSwill.

I can deal with the fish once a month or so, but the salt on the fries (even here in Taiwan, which is NOTHING compared to the salt they shovel on back in the USA) stops me after the first 5 or so. I don’t even order them anymore.

I wonder with all the baby boomers coming of (old) age, will they start a McMeal in a Blender.

They just renamed the Fishmäc and Bic Mäc to Filet-o-Fish and Bic Mac in Germany. How stupid is that!?

Globalization …

I wish they’d do that here. I hate hearing “I want a fish hamburger.”

So, maybe Wang’s getting $10M or $20M to pitch burgers. Are you telling me you wouldn’t sell out for that kind of dough?[/quote]

ME selling out is not the point either. THEY don’t need the money. It would be better to ask them why they did take the dough when they’re good without it.

The point is that this ahem, “meal” is so incredibly bad for human consumption.[/quote]

Hey cmon now Wang only makes around 500k. And your telling me that if you were popular for throwing a leather ball down a grass field and could make extra money on the side for being popular you wouldn’t make the extra money? Hard to find these days. I know I would.

It’s so easy to say “yea they don’t need it” but if it were offered to you, it would be hard to turn down methinks.

I kinda wanna try the 4 patty deal, I like Big Macs. :shrug:

I don’t know about that. 500,000NT is about 14,000 USD. I think it would be easier for me to turn that kind of money down. Put a face to that money. It’s a car, not a retirement. It’s not life changing money.

And I’m not against celebs advertising. I am however disturbed by the ease with which McPosion Inc nets the big fish to hawk its “food.”

You have to understand my loathing of this company is a long time coming. They ruin farmers, they allow sickening treatment of animals, stuffing them with growth hormones and whatnot, and after horrific lives, facial branding, bebeaking and such, the deaths of those animals are incredibly even more cruel; they sell the worst food possible to people using chemicals that smell like food, build the biggest indoor playgrounds in the US to draw in kids who don’t know better and parents who should; they offer “healthy” foods, that used as directed, with salad dressing, have more calories than a friggin big mac…

Anyway…GOOD MORNING! :rainbow:

I wonder what ‘celeb’ they have pushing the 4-patty in the USA?

Anyone know?

By the way, I think its beating a dead horse to pursue the “McDonalds should be healthy” line of debate.
It ain’t, never was and never will be.
Mickey D is in the bidness to sell the max amount of ‘food-like product’ with the greatest efficiency and lowest per-unit cost. Period.
They’re obviously good at what they do…and being ‘Heart Smart’ ain’t on the menu.