McDonald's in Taiwan

Warning: Inhaling Taipei air can make you sick.

Just where should we stick that warning sign?

i’d like to sue mcd’s for a lot of things: for despoiling skylines with their big M, for using a clown to manipulate kids to manipulate parents to take them their, for having annoying commercials… but hot coffee ain’t one of them. i grind my own beans…

Look, is it really necessary for you to tell us all about your sex life on this forum?

:wink:

fine, i won’t tell you where i get my cream…

Personally I feel 7-11 is way more addictive, I’m there like every day, mostly for the AC, but I usually end up buying something too. That place has an iron grip on me, not sure if it’s because of the huan ying guang lin thing or inspite of it. And those damned 20 percent off if you buy two deals … those people are pure evil! Of course I could sue them, but then they might loose money and close down the store near my work, and then where would I go to get my fix? Which brings me to my point: why sue McDonalds?

Because Mcdonald’s sucks. I remember passing a Mcdonald’s in Taiwan that had stationed some of its employees outside with a pile of toys to be used to “hook” passing children (i.e. get the children interested in those toys and then the children will pout and cry until Mommy and Daddy take them into the place). Anyway, one parent walked by with her children and, right on cue, the employee approached with some toys. The parent kept walking, asking the employee several times to get away from her children, but – and this was the amazing thing – the employee by and large ignored the parent, and kept showing the toys to the children. The employee only gave up at the traffic light, some 15 meters away from mcdonald’s.

if the lawyers win …which they probably will …after countless tries…what is next? sueing donut shops?

but than again…one somewhat comparable case are the lawsuits against tabacco manufacturers and they won!!

Maybe, they’ll go after betel nut producers, after all, betel nuts have been linked to cancer.

The lawyers always win :wink:

But both sides have lawyers. Oh, I get it, they all made oodles and oodles of money…

Original Title: McDonald’s taste better in Taiwan?

I’ve heard McDonald offers better food in Taiwan than Canada !!

I mean i travlled to Japan in my college year…and their McDonald are just horrible…and reallly expansive

McDonalds in Taiwan isn’t really “fast” food. It takes like, 15 minutes to get a standard burger-and-fries combo. It’s because they wait until you order it to start cooking it. And no, I don’t notice any significant difference in taste.

I had my first quarter pounder in over a decade at a Manila McDonald’s. It was grease heaven! :lick:

No it doesn’t, no they don’t, and no there isn’t.

Like, take off, eh?

How big were they?
Like everything else, in Taiwan a good product/service is to be found only in specific, past-patronized circumstances. This goes double for the mass-market corps.

Having tried McDonalds in most countries I have been to (Americas not included though) I think I can attest that it all tastes the same.

I think McDonald’s thing is that it tastes the same everywhere in the world, so you always know what you’re getting.

What they do have in common is that McDonalds in Taiwan/ Canada/ UK are entirely staffed by Asians.

Ouch!

I had a Q with cheese the other day, asked for extra onions and no pickles. I mused to myself that had I ordered that in Taiwan I would have likely opened my burger to find it had extra pickles and no onions.

no quarter pounder here, they use a different sauce on the McChicken, And they have some other stuff with rice buns that I will never try. Mcdonald’s in Japan is way better. Hong Kong as well.

Breakfasts are the same, I think.

Our department head’s boss treated everyone in the department to a chicken burger from McCrap the other day. I could not even BELIEVE how awful the burger was. You would have to make a serious effort to make such a crap product. If you’re going to eat a fast-food chicken burger, why on earth would you eat THAT one? :loco:

I honestly cannot understand how McCrap stays in business with food this bad. And I can’t imagine that it could be any WORSE in any other country.