McRib is coming back to US McDonald's

https://mcriblocator.com/

3 Likes

Not in Taiwan. FML.

But we just got the PSL!

It’s nationwide in the US I think.

What the **** is PSL?

And they even got rid of the quarter pounder. McDonald’s should really not let someone in Taiwan make menu decisions.

2 Likes

I can’t even get a damn Quarter Pounder here anymore. You really think we’re getting McRibs (that aren’t modified for “local Taiwanese tastes”)?

1 Like

That really pissed me off. That and getting rid of the chocolate sundae. Did they have to make room for another gross shrimp burger?

Although nothing they’ve done can match KFC getting rid of their original seasoning for their chicken and replacing it with that crunchy, oily, bland coating they use now. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Bobo McRib stuffed with pork floss!

3 Likes

The worst thing is, I could actually see this happening.

Pumpkin spice latte

I saw Pumpkin Spice Latte as a special offer at one Starbucks last year, but now all of them have it. Guess they were testing it out.

:roll:

1 Like

Mcdonald’s in Taiwan just plain sucks now. They stripped away all the good stuff, kept the bland crap and changed the rest to funky local flavors.

Get a load of the “extras” exclusive to the US near the end of the video.

1 Like

I liked to order the double quarter pounder in the past when I was starving. That was gone first and now the quarter pounder is gone. And the sundae. And yes who the heck wants a shrimp burger, gross.
What the heck kinda McDonald’s are they running :frowning:

These days I’m a KFC fan. Spicy chicken there is good and the chicken sandwich plus they always are running coupons.
(Just noticed your other post about KFC being gross now lol)

1 Like

Nah, I miss the Colonel’s original herbs and spices. The new skin coating is too crunchy and just… tasteless. Just my opinion.

Nowadays, I usually just go to McDonalds for breakfast, which they haven’t screwed up yet (I do wish they’d bring McGriddles over here though). I still get the occasional Big Mac every couple months though. If they mess with breakfast or the Big Mac, I’m rioting.

2 Likes

Back to back, I ate the KFC version and the McDonald’s (Taiwan) spicy chicken burger, and I can’t say the KFC one was better.

Am I nuts?

Guy

1 Like

Perhaps, but not for your taste in fast food. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No not nuts …
I’d put them on par for quality. My only complaint with the mcd one is sometimes I bite into fatty grizzle that shouldn’t be in the patty. Only happens every so often. Has anyone else noticed it?

1 Like

I have. But more times in the KFC one.

I went out at 9:30 this morning to McDonald’s to pick up a sausage egg mcmuffin. No dice. They said no sausage patties today.

How can they mess that up? It is their #1 selling breakfast item!

KFC went downhill fast here. When I first arrived, they had buttermilk biscuits and also mashed potatoes with gravy. A year later the mashed potatoes were gone. A year after that the biscuits were gone. A couple years later they brought the biscuits back with honey on them, but they were thicker…more like a scone. Then those were taken off the menu and mashed potatoes came back, but no gravy. Some weird tomato sauce instead. Now all of it is gone. No more mashed potatoes and no more biscuits.

I gave up on KFC a while back.

I’ve learned if you want something done right around here, you learn to do it yourself. So I make my own biscuits, mashed potatoes and gravy. Not that hard. Just time consuming.

3 Likes

As a well known dead pkster on this site once told me:

How bad does the food have to be in this town to have such lines in a McDonalds?

He was a daily mcdonalds patron. And I must agree…

1 Like