Measles (Rubeola) outbreak in Taiwan?

skimmed an article that was in Chinese about this the other day. How is this happening?! There are like four generations that have gotten that vaccine AT BIRTH!!

Hardly anyone gets measles if vaccinated, so I donā€™t what there is to worry about.

Iā€™m not really finding out enough about what happens to vaccinated members of the population, only that measles is one of the most contagious diseases in the world if the population isnā€™t vaccinated against it.

The Florida issue is huge right now, with only 91% of kindergartners vaccinated and no recommendation to keep exposed and unvaccinated kids home. Whatā€™s not being discussed (and perhaps what they dare not bring up since COVID herd immunity concepts fell on their face) is what happens to everyone else if there is a mass outbreak among the 9% that doesnā€™t have protection.

Obviously no need to be concerned right now if already vaccinated, but I again ask why there are enough people anywhere in the developed world that didnā€™t get vaccinated that this needs to be discussed in the first place

If theyā€™re adults itā€™s their choice whether they get vaccinated or not. I have no interest in other peopleā€™s vaccination status when it will have zero impact on me.

With children itā€™s a bit of an issue, I suppose, but Iā€™m pretty sure there arenā€™t many Taiwanese anti vaxxers, so I donā€™t think itā€™s an issue here.

Covid herd immunity concepts didnā€™t fall on their face, they were controlled lies from the start.

Which is why it pisses me off when they blame such epidemics on us third and fourth worlders when the vaccination rate in the US is way lower than any of our countries.

One of the first things I did here in Taiwan was getting the MMR vaccine because I was lucky enough to never get measles but did not want to push my luck. And why IĀ“m getting the shingles vaccine as soon as my health allows.

Because all it takes is the flip of a coin. Until you get sick, you do not know how your body will react. How can anyone say it is nothing and throw contagion parties lies beyond my understanding.

3 Likes

Ive never heard anyone say measles is nothing and throwing measles parties. Are you thinking of chickenpox?

Measles parties were (still are?) a thing.