Mein Kampf as Intersectional Feminism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVk9a5Jcd1k

That was a fun project, kudos to them. I wonder how long it will take before they start getting death threats.

8 Likes

I don’t pay much attention to grievance studies (what the left calls gender studies), but the observation that within gender academia “privilege equals sin” is interesting. The American left is obsessed with old puritan ways of dealing with those they disagree with, which may not be that surprising since New England was a hotbed of puritanism and grievance studies.

It’s been less than 24 hours, so I’m sure the death threats are only minutes away for these people. You know Puritans gonna strikes back.

1 Like

Also: how long will it take until they get labelled “persona non grata” at their University?

Anyway:

this is wrong: by not paying attention to that stuff, you deny yourself the access to an endless stream of entertainment and schadenfreude. All the heteronormative/white prilivege/mah patriarchy stuff is hilarious, i find it far more entertaining than most tv shows. Now if I had kids going to that kind of college i’d be slightly worried, but if I had a kid who told me:“I want to major in gender studies to fight teh patriarchy!” I would knew I failed as a parent in the first place.

3 Likes

Sugar/obesity and climate change are absurd and horrible ideas?

EDIT: Sorry, I get it. They are using those as examples of people denying either of those ideas as pushing absurd and horrible ideas.

Want to watch the first part of that video…

There’s some serious money going in gender studies. It’s just business.

2 Likes

“the reviewers were concerned that we were not respecting the dogs’ privacy while we were inspecting their genitals”.

I wonder how fucked-up a society has to get before people find themselves uttering such sentences.

I suppose this isn’t really anything new. I can’t remember the guy’s name now, but there was a physicist back in the 80s who submitted a paper containing random bullshit to a sociology journal and had it accepted for publication. It’s a pretty well-known incident and prompted about 5 minutes of soul-searching. I guess it’s back to business as usual for cargo-cult scientists.

Alan Sokal, “Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transgressive Hermeneutic of Quantum Gravity” (Social Text, 1996)

http://www.physics.nyu.edu/sokal/transgress_v2/transgress_v2_singlefile.html

2 Likes

Will Finley ever recover? Is he Forumosa’s Anderson Cooper ?

Brilliant! They need to be recognised for this.

80s, 90s, whatever. It all just fades into a blur once you hit a certain age.

But yeah, that’s the one.

1 Like

Its a pretty funny and impressive roll. But should point out that it wasn’t peer reviewed.

“Want to watch the first part of that video…”

[/quote]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSQYHsHJx6A

And it made a lot of babies:

My personal favourite:

3 Likes

That’s truly sublime.

Google patriarchy and climate change.

I thought you were surely joking. My bad.

Climate change is caused by the patriarchy. That’s the view of feminist author and activist, Gloria Steinem.

Asked about the danger of broadening feminism to include issues like climate change, Steinem responded by claiming the patriarchy is “the fundamental cause of climate change.”

“Listen, what causes climate deprivation is population. If we had not been systematically forcing women to have children they don’t want or can’t care for over the 500 years of patriarchy, we wouldn’t have the climate problems that we have.”

3 Likes

See? You need too follow this kind of garbage! It’s amazing!

1 Like

I love the:
“Fact: the patriarchy causes climate change… That’s the view of feminist author and activist, Gloria Steinem.”

Technically it is a fact that it is her view, I suppose.

2 Likes

This is my favorite part.

But Steinem’s argument goes one step further by implying that the growth in population – indeed, humanity’s very survival as a species – is due to hundreds of years of women being forced to have children.

I mean, rumor has it that a consistently small subset of males has worked hard over the millennia to “force” men to have children, but with little luck so far (though not for a lack of trying, I hear).

How are we supposed to take these people seriously?!

3 Likes