"Melts in your mouth, not in your hand!" - Yeah, right!

I love peanut M&M’s and this has been bugging me ever since I came to Taiwan.

Do you remember the commercial slogan for M&Ms? Maybe they still run it in some countries… “M&M’s - They melt in your mouth, not in your hand!”

Well, I came here with the habit of holding my M&Ms carefree in my hand, just as I had always done. But here they always leave my palm looking like I just came out of a finger-paint workshop. :fume:

I feel like I’m being cheated out of my inherent consumer right to palm-safe M&M’s.

I’m in the mood to write a letter to Mars Inc.

I can’t boycott them, because I’m addicted.

What would you do?

BTW, I couldn’t decide if it’s M&M’s or M&Ms so I put in a bit of both.

There should be a disclaimer that it only applies to people with normal hands. Not hot-handed people like Tash.
As for what you should do, I recommend you lick it off.

Hey, if you hate it here so much, why don’t you just fuckin go back to Poland???

And you go back to Saskatoon Sasketchuwan (sp?) or wherever

So is it M&M’s or M&Ms?

Sweetheart you’re like this big Eastern European pinata hanging from the ceiling above a circle jerk of baseball bat wielding male Forumosians.

I say we Hijack this thread and fly it to Havana for cheap women, rum and cigars.

[quote=“tash”]So is it M&M’s or M&Ms?[/quote]M&M’s. Stands for Mars & Murrie. Used to be called Treets. So now the joke goes: “How do you get a peanut out of your ear ?” “Pour in chocolate and it comes out an M&M”, they completely ruined that joke.

[quote=“tash”]And you go back to Saskatoon Sasketchuwan (sp?) or wherever

So is it M&M’s or M&Ms?[/quote]

No apostrophe.
Unless you’re talking about something the little buggers own (The M&M’s colours come off on my svelte sensuous hands) or something one of the little buggers is doing (Of COURSE that M&M’s melting! I would be too if I were cupped sensuously in that svelte paw of your’n!).

Saskatchewan.
Or Szakajevan in Polish.

Was it M&Ms that that slogan was about? I thought it was a pre-M&Ms thing, like for Maltesers or something (Not that THEY don’t melt in yer hand, cos they do).

Anyway, I don’t have this problem with M&Ms, cos they only stay in my hand for about a millionth of a second before they go into my mouth.

I thought it was Minstrels which melt in your mouth, not in your hand?

I recommend the Cadbury’s Chocettes (sp?) now available in 7-11. No nasty peanuts, nice crispy sugar shell that doesn’t melt and they’re four flaming times the size of M&Ms! Crazy!

[quote=“the chief”]No apostrophe.[/quote]Yes there is, look on a packet sometime. If you don’t like it, why don’t you eat Skittle’s instead ? You do have a choice. Noone’s got a gun pointed to your head forcing you to eat M&M’s with an apostrophe.

OK, Mr. Stew. Here’s the ansewer from the mars website:

The slogan ‘Melts in the mouth, not in the hand’ has been used for both GALAXY MINSTRELS and M&M’s chocolate (formerly TREETS), and is the current slogan for M&M’s chocolate."

So it was treats when I first heard it, and then Minstrels and now M&M’s. Obviously mars is having inspiration problems with it’s marketing department, having to use the same slogan for different products.

Hey man, if you hate it here so much, why don’t you just piss off back to Helsinki???

And anyways, if it says right on the pack, why does the bimbo OP have to ask???

I prefer Smarties.

I apreciate the sentiment, Taffy, but Cadbury’s?! Cadbury’s is not a real chocolate! It’s something that’s been invented in Britain and has stayed there, it never crossed the La Manche and onto the Continent, because … well, we have REAL chocolate!

I’d rather die of chocolate deprivation than put a Cadbury’s anything in my mouth!

[quote=“Dangermouse”]OK, Mr. Stew. Here’s the ansewer from the mars website:

The slogan ‘Melts in the mouth, not in the hand’ has been used for both GALAXY MINSTRELS and M&M’s chocolate (formerly TREETS), and is the current slogan for M&M’s chocolate."

So it was treats when I first heard it, and then Minstrels and now M&M’s. Obviously mars is having inspiration problems with it’s marketing department, having to use the same slogan for different products.[/quote]

Minstrels! That’s the one. Glad you piped in, or I might have felt a bit mental there.

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Dangermouse”]OK, Mr. Stew. Here’s the ansewer from the mars website:

So it was treats when I first heard it, and then Minstrels and now M&M’s. Obviously mars is having inspiration problems with it’s marketing department, having to use the same slogan for different products.[/quote]

Minstrels! That’s the one. Glad you piped in, or I might have felt a bit mental there.[/quote]

Hey man, if you hate it here so much, why don’t you piss off back to Dingle Bay???

That’s funny, tash. I thought I saw you put a square of Cadbury’s Dairy Milk into your mouth not 1 week ago. You know, the one I offered you infront of the 7-11 on the way to Keelung?

Are you sure you don’t want to retract your comment?

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Dangermouse”]OK, Mr. Stew. Here’s the ansewer from the mars website:

Minstrels! That’s the one. Glad you piped in, or I might have felt a bit mental there.[/quote]

Hey man, if you hate it here so much, why don’t you piss off back to Dingle Bay???[/quote]

Only after YOU piss off back to Greater North Dakota!
(loser!!)

[quote=“irishstu”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“irishstu”][quote=“Dangermouse”]OK, Mr. Stew. Here’s the ansewer from the mars website:

Hey man, if you hate it here so much, why don’t you piss off back to Dingle Bay???[/quote]

Only after YOU piss off back to Greater North Dakota!
(loser!!)
[/quote]

Looser!!!

Not much to add 'cept:

[quote=“Modern English”]Moving forward using all my breath,
Being friends with you was never second best,
And I saw the world crashing all around your face,
Never really knowing it was always mesh and lace.

I’ll stop the world and melt with you
You’ve seen the difference and it’s getting better all the time
And there’s nothing you and I won’t do

(You should know better) Dream of better lives the kind which never hate
(You should see) Trapped in a state of imaginary grace
(You should know better) I made a pilgrimage to save this human’s race
(You should see) Never comprehending a race that’s long gone by

(Let’s stop the world) I’ll stop the world and melt with you
(Let’s stop the world) You’ve seen the difference and it’s getting better all the time
(Let’s stop the world) I’ll stop the world and melt with you

The future’s open wide

(I’ll stop the world) You’ve seen some changes and it’s getting better all the time
(I’ll stop the world) I’ll stop the world and melt with you

The future’s open wide

I’ll stop the world
I’ll stop the world
I’ll stop the world

(I’ll stop the world) You’ve seen the difference and it’s getting better all the time
(I’ll stop the world) I’ll stop the world and melt with you

I’ll stop the world and melt with you (I’ll stop the world and melt with you)
I’ll stop the world and melt with you (I’ll stop the world and melt with you)
[/quote]