"Melts in your mouth, not in your hand!" - Yeah, right!

You can get some pretty good chocolate at Watsons. They have Droste there and the big mega blocks of Cadbury.

DAMNED, there the Treets have gone to! I wondered whereto they had dissapeared.

Always considered the MMs a cheap copy and never bought them.

And when Raider became Wix or something, I was truely shocked.

Twix. Yes, I was pretty upset about that too.

Why can’t the Mars people just quit messing with us?! :fume:

And the Pepsico people too. “Lay’s”. What’s with that?! I mean, what kind of a silly name is that for potato chips?! Geeez!

Oh yeah. “Snickers” used to be called “Marathon” when I was a kid.

:noway:
I thought I was old :wink:

Yeah, I mean what the hell is a Snickers? I’d never heard of this word before and it was a few years until I realised it was US speak for “trainers.”
Why? Marathon was a cool name. Who in their right mind would call a chocolate bar in the UK “Trainers?”

And remember “Jif” the bathroom cleaner? Well they have changed it to “Cif” now which makes no sense at all. Although it still tastes the same, I don’t drink it anymore in protest.

I thought you were too.

:noway:
I thought I was old :wink:[/quote]

Hey, we’re both in our twenties. Neither of us are old. :wink:

Well, that explains a lot.

As I understand it, the M&M’s don’t actually melt in your hand. The food coloring just runs off the candy. But the chocolate, even if melted, stays within the candy shell. So, the chocolate doesn’t get on your hand like other chocolate bars do. Just the coloring from outer candy which is dissolving in your sweat instead of melting…

[quote=“tash”][quote=“Dangermouse”]And remember “Jif” the bathroom cleaner? Well they have changed it to “Cif” now which makes no sense at all. [/quote][/quote]I heard an explanation from someone who claimed to be involved in Unilever’s re-branding campaign. Apparently the “J” in “Jif” was problematic in some languages. Granted, “J” is problematic, but how about “C”? “C” is an even bigger phonetic nighmare.

Well one people seemed to have had problems with either “C” or “J” - between the North Sea and the Alps it is called “Bif”.

I think the name always kept me from drinking it… :beer:

It might not melt in your hand per se, but do not leave a pile of them on the dashboard during a warm summer day. Mars could change their slogan to “Melts on the dashboard, and leaves colorful skid marks in your sweaty hands.”

Hmmmm… In Gulf war one they announced a special melt-free chocolate for the troups. I thought of that more than one time.

However, having made Gulf war II just to test the stuff again was a bit too much IMO…