#metoo movement

Not being one to rush to judgment, but who here thinks that rapey Joe Biden is guilty?

The #metoo movements ‘Believe all women’ mantra only seems to extend to women who accuse Republicans, ie Bret Kavanaugh. Rapey Joe gets a pass because having a sex offender in the White House is better than Orange Man Bad.

Mind you, rapey Joe won’t be the first degenerate Democrat POTUS. Rapey Bill Clinton has that accolade. He was even more rapey and corrupt than rapey, corrupt Joe Biden.

Ta.

1 Like

Fine, I’ll bite.

I understand that you have a point you want to make. But if you present yourself through your wording as closed-minded, as well as using misleading language to try to push your point up and convince others to agree with you, then… I have to suggest that this is a rather poor effort.

If your logic is that having an unproven sexual assault allegation makes you, in your words, a sex offender.

There is one for Joe Biden.

And quite a few for Trump.

I don’t necessarily like Biden, but if you’re going to call someone ‘rapey’ or a ‘sex offender’ for having a sexual assault allegation, then…ignore the guy we’re supposed to agree with you on while simultaneously lamenting that the guy we’re supposed to disagree with is being ignored, your argument doesn’t really hold water.

4 Likes

I’m gonna just leave this here.

4 Likes

The issue is the Metoo hypocrisy and not If Trump has allegations. I find that a really terrible way to engage in this conversation.

Me too is clearly used as a political movement rather than for the women. I think Kavanaugh deserved to have a fair process like Joe. And people making the allegations should be heard and the evidence should be taken in consideration to determine guilt or innocence. Me too skipped all of that and believed Kavanauh was guilty while joe is not getting anywhere near the same back lash from the people behind it.

2 Likes

I didn’t mention Kavanaugh. It’s OP who lampshade this thread as if it was about #metoo, and then went into some unhinged tirade about Joe Biden.

1 Like

My opinion:

Clinton: 100% certainty of guilt; 90% certainty of guilt in at least one other accusation

Trump: 90% certainty of guilt with at least one allegation

Biden: 35% certainty of guilt

Kavanaugh: 10% certainty of guilt

Me Too Movement: 100% certainty of guilt of hypocrisy

2 Likes

You’re talking about Brett Kavanaugh, right?

I’m just saying. Why bring Trump into this? Does Joe deserve to get investigated and the allegations heard from the supposed victims or not?

The problem is the hypocrisy of me too and not who has the allegations or more allegations. Me too was used against one political leaning and not applied to another.

3 Likes

Because the guy is clearly a Trump supporter so him harping on someone with one allegation while he supports someone with 23 allegations smacks of hypocrisy. That’s why.

Funny no thread from him about Trump though. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Sure, they may or may not have done something fucked up. We’ll never know due to the nature of the #MeToo movement. (He said she said)

But does it matter? This argument sounds like “This person did something bad, I don’t like them, and neither should you.”

Bringing Trump into this argument sounds like “This guy may or may not did something bad; he shouldn’t be in a position of power.”

The MeToo movement has to explain it’s different standards for Kavanaugh and Biden. This is obvious. Some have acknowledged it, most have not. And most of those who have acknowledged it seem to think it’s ok because Orange Man bad.

1 Like

I don’t know if he is a trump supporter or not. I don’t know if joe is guilty. He deserves the benefit of the doubt and a fair investigation. I don’t think bringing up someone else Regardless of who it is advances the conversation.

Did you read his original post? There really wasn’t any thoughtful conversation to advance in the first place.

But yes I’m all in favor of a fair investigation for Biden.

1 Like

It’s fair to bring Trump into the conversation because he is running against Biden. If you’re going to kill Biden for the actual misconduct, it’s fair to bring in Trump. However, it you’re going to kill Biden for his hypocrisy, that is a fair discussion. But I’ll say this…Biden actually has not been forceful enough in denying the claims. You can say believe all women all you want, and that can be the standard for world in general (even though I think that is stupid). But that doesn’t mean that the accused doesn’t get to call BS on BS claims. If I were someone who supported the ridiculous position of believe all women and someone accused me, I’d be consistent to call the accusations BS and the accuser a liar because I have first hand knowledge. However, I’d be forced to tell everyone else that they should still believe all women.

2 Likes

What he posted is on him. How you response is on you.

I find this to be your side or my side too often. I’m against Biden but I hold that he deserves a fairer investigation than Kavanaugh. The hypocrisy is that many people on the left do not hold consistent convictions with the me too movement.

1 Like

This is also why Trump should be mentioned. He implies Trump is not a sex offender, while Biden is. He thinks there’s a greater chance Biden’s one accusation is right than there is of any of Trump’s 23 accusations. The dude is down the rabbit hole and needs a reality check.

4 Likes

I think Trump had 25 accusations, though they all seemed to disappear after the election and the press focused on Stormy instead. Also, Kavanaugh had several himself, but all but one were obviously fabricated on their face, and the one was completely uncorroborated and not very believable.

1 Like

I see your point. But my criticism is on the me too hypocrisy. I’ve never assumed Joe’s guilt and I’ve stayed away from that kind of thing. Because I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt and a fair investigation like anyone else. I don’t care if the guy is my worst enemy or my friend, I hold this consistent conviction. Me too people aren’t being consistent so that’s my only gripe of the issue.

2 Likes

Indeed it is.

You replied to me, and you assumed I had some strong opinion on Kavanaugh. I don’t. I think the charges should be investigated. I’m also not gungho about #metoo, and think it’s hurt some public figures like Aziz Ansari and Al Franken disproportionately to what they’re accused of. I think it’s done some good in shedding light on abuses of power, such as with Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby. But there’s other cases where it’s been misused. It’s not right that some people’s lives are being ruined without a fair trial.

Then bring that up with those people.

2 Likes

I agree on due process and the hypocrisy. But if Biden is disqualified because of the accusation (enough so that you can call him rapey Joe), you have to mention how Trump fares in that same analysis.

1 Like