#metoo movement

I wasn’t implying you did. I am just saying this has become my side vs your side. I’m replying to the topic of metoo. I just think it has shown it’s true colors. It was never about the women or Biden’s accuser would be believed by the same people.

1 Like

Perhaps I am an optimist, but I don’t think you two disagree as much as it seems.

3 Likes

What if Biden is proven guilty? I think a guilty conviction is rather different than allegations.

Okay fair enough. I hope you’ve known me long enough to know I try not to play that game. I’d say 70% of my views are to the left, but I still hold some positions on the right (pro-death penalty, pro-tort reform, anti-identity politics… I’m sure you’ve heard me rail against SJWs before). So I try to be evenhanded, even while I do hold some strong positions.

1 Like

Then of course he should be disqualified and the candidacy should go to someone else.

1 Like

Not to mention that his supporters hurling unproven allegations at Biden here and presenting them as fact are are complicit in electing a 25 time accused sex offender. They are responsible for it.

2 Likes

He can’t be found guilty of the Reade allegations: statute of limitation. So unless one of the other claims moves forwards, we’re left with the court of public opinion (influenced by media, of course).

That determination is held by the DNC.

Just like Trump’s was held by the GOP.

Trump’s base didn’t believe the allegations, or didn’t believe that they were all that big of a deal; groped a wannabee celebrity? Meh.

What’s different here is that Reade’s witnesses believe her, but are of the “doesn’t much matter none” mindset.

Baseless claim. Could care less If you are ignoring my posts and feel free but I still feel at liberty to quote your posts if necessary.

These lot don’t even vote… Fail to see the logic. If Creepy Joe is the best democrats can put up for election, the expat ponderings of Trumpeteers is the least of our worries.

1 Like

That is a big difference between Biden’s accuser and Kavanaugh’s. The former has corroboration from several people who heard her story and believed it contemporaneously, while the latter had almost no corroboration. Hence my different percentages of believability above.

2 Likes

True, silver lining. But this is like listening to Sammy Sosa accuse people of roid use. I’ts so ridiculous.

2 Likes

A review of clusterf*&k that was the Kavanaugh hearings is in order.

Well, PaedoJoe won’t undergo such a spectacle, despite corroborating witnesses, so … Just wait for Joe to die, be replaced due to senility, or step down right before the election (leaving a somewhat more palatable candidate, as the DNC planned all along). :wink:

Indeed. As a non-American I probably shouldn’t meddle… But it’s such as partisan spectacle, who can resist?

2 Likes

Are we obligated to view both sides of an issue if one side is not acting or arguing in good faith or repeatedly presenting falsehoods as fact intentionally and knowingly?

1 Like

Klobuchar and VP Yang.

The only ones left who never seemed angry or susceptible to being bent over the chair by the DNC.

2 Likes

Yet to meet a politician on either side that acted in good faith and did not employ falsehoods.

Yang came off as a China shill at the end. So I don’t think he should be on the ticket.

Sure but that doesn’t apply to specific charges. They are true or not …

1 Like

If, on average, 10% are true, both parties have enough cases to cause worry (absent political bias/blindness).