#metoo movement

I missed that.

Or do you mean the DNC sponsored multicultural, don’t call it the CHINA-virus loadacrapola?

Bill Cosby’s sex assault conviction is overturned. He’ll be freed!

Finally, justice. Although obscenely delayed.

A deal was made, but a judge unilaterally decided to void that deal years later. Total crap. A deal is a deal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/bill-cosby-to-be-freed-as-court-overturns-his-sex-assault-conviction/ar-AALCW17?ocid=msedgntp

1 Like

So basically, back in 2005, D.A. didn’t see enough evidence when a victim was suing Cosby for rape, offered Cosby to be free from future prosecution if Cosby testified without the 5th excuse. Victim got $3.5 million settlement, and Cosby walked free. Ten years later, new D.A. says “we’re gonna use that self-incriminating testimony anyways” and Cosby goes to jail.

If I got it right.

4 Likes

What does Bill Cosby and a dentist have in common?
They knock you out before they drill your cavity.

3 Likes

Yip, one think I despise about the US are overzealous DAs in Democratic fiefdoms. I think of Vance in NY, that prick (Fitz something) in Illinois that put away Lord Conrad Black.

1 Like

Yeah! Admittedly he drugged many women, knocked them out, then raped them , but who cares?

He should’ve just been drawn and quartered, amirite? Who needs a legal system with, like, laws and rules and stuff?

1 Like

It was never proven that he drugged them, knocked them out and raped them. It was mere allegations.

He admitted to giving willing participants drugs and he admitted to consensual sex. That’s it.

At any rate, a deal was struck back in 2005. A deal is a deal. Unfair to break the deal regardless of the perceived reality.

Your posts are confusing, @MalcolmReynolds

You posted a joke about “red pill, blue pill” but then says it’s never been proved…
What’s your point, after all?

1 Like

I like humor and funny memes. I think we can make light of and joke about nearly anything.

With that said, is Bill Cosby a monster who is guilty of drugging and raping women or was it all consensual? Who can say for certain? Did Michael Jackson molest little boys? Who can say for certain? Did OJ murder Nicole? Oh yes (my opinion). But was it proved beyond a reasonable doubt? I guess not.

But, the one thing we can certainly do is make fun of everyone and every situation we encounter. I think South Park does a very good job at this and also my all time favorite Mel Brooks movie Blazing Saddles hits the nail on the head.

Whether or not one is of the opinion that Cosby is guilty or not is irrelevant. He made a deal with the government which signed the deal and then broke it. He was unfairly prosecuted based on this broken agreement.

And with that, I leave you with this.

2 Likes

Not a Paraguayan diplomat this time but a Polish one.

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — A Taiwanese woman has gone public with the details of an alleged sexual assault by the former Deputy Director of the Polish Office in Taipei, and prosecutors’ reasons for not bringing a case against the man.

The woman, who filed a complaint against then-diplomat Bartosz Rys in November 2022, shared her experience on social media on Saturday (June 10). She said that she had been sexually assaulted by Rys after repeatedly telling him she was not interested in his advances, and she had suffered significant mental trauma as a result.

Seeing all those who have recently spoken out about sexual assault in Taiwan, the woman said she said she was encouraged to share her own experience. This comes as Taiwan faces its own “#MeToo” movement, with more than a dozen accusations involving political figures since late May.

Taiwan woman goes public with alleged sexual assault by Polish ex-diplomat | Taiwan News | 2023-06-12 20:10:00

Yeah, I read about that at the weekend. Her tweets about it are here:

https://twitter.com/ylai0825/status/1667713455128981504

1 Like

Does this community only care if an expat is involved? There has been more than 80 published cases in Taiwan since late May:
https://www.dcard.tw/f/mood/p/242500137

1 Like

Gonna go with no.

This one is very unconvincing if I didn’t miss any twits.

It looks like the community here is very detached from the Taiwanese society… There has been lots of high profile politicians, entertainers, influencers, educators, etc., being exposed, yet the only case being mentioned here was the former Deputy Director of the Polish Office in Taipei…

Here is the latest list: https://tinyurl.com/2jdth4ck

The list does not even include some high profile cases, such as Cho-Liang Lin, the renown Taiwanese-American violinist, who has been accused by at least three musicians of sexual misconduct…

Maybe you could spend less time repeating veiled shots at the community and more time developing the discussion when other community members bring it up?

4 Likes

Did he like to show his kiełbasa to the local gentry?

2 Likes

Or simply post about it more!

4 Likes