Mexican Food in Taipei

And tomorrow. Tuesdays there are tamales, too, don´t forget.

My favorite tacos are at El Sabroso but they don’t make it easy to buy them. Reminds me of the soup Nazi from Seinfeld. No tacos for you!

Is it still Tuesdays only?

Guy

Yes. Sometimes they sell out early and it takes at least 30 minutes. Very delicious and cooked fresh.

1 Like

Tea bar this Sunday evening is the place to be, so I’ve been told.

damn right. wish i could eat them more often but its a mission…

1 Like

Is this guy right near exit one of qizhang or a ways down?

Have you been to To Go Nomad or Teotihuacan? Both of these places have also been getting lots of positive reviews.

When you come out of exit 1, turn left. He is across from the phone accessory seller. Before you get there you will see the lady selling scratch lottery, the vegetables amah and the umbrella seller. On your right there at exit 1 there is a Family Mart if you want to bring over a beer.

Lemme check if he is there now…

YEP. There he is, he is waiting for you.

1 Like

I really like Togo nomad especially their salsas because the flavors are really fresh. It is not the mexmex that I know from the Mexican supermarkets in Dallas. I didn’t care for Teotihuacan. It could have been an off day. Even El Sabroso doesn’t have the real taco plate.FB_IMG_1570116229290

2 Likes

So is that a picture of Togo Nomad or the Dallas Mexican supermarket?

Unfortunately, that’s the Dallas photo. I start drooling every time she posts it.

2 Likes

Nothing personal, and I’m sure it’s quite delicious indeed, but objectively, that don’t look like shit compared to some of the splendorific extravaganzas of Teotihuacananian excess posted elsewhere by Togo Nomad.

As I think has been pointed out previously to Tia Panico, though, in all fairness, even the tastiest Mexican fast food in the world can tend to photograph like garbage.

And you can trust me, I know garbage…

3 Likes

Believe me, I’ll take a large, hot plate of either. I’m not picky.

1 Like

The tastiest Mexican food in the world comes from small push carts far from the D.F, cooked by a chaparrito from el interior.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re talking about how it looks here.

Maybe it’s time to replace the old toxoplasmosis filter, huh???
Just sayin

Ah, you are criticizing my photography skills? OK, no problem, they pay me for that. :grin:

How come I’ve never seen this guy ?:sunglasses:

He is there two days a week. A Mexican playing Mexican music serving tacos! Not too many of those.

Which two days ? :grin: