Mexican Food in Taipei

Ehem as stated like a few posts above: Tamale and Taco Tuesday and Thursday.

1 Like

He’s a good lad, only don’t read so good, bless his wee cotton socks. :wink:

Please take note of Tacos Luca new address.

Now with tables, seating accommodation and beers available.

1 Like

Gordon Biersch has more taco options. Only tried keto friendly spicy chicken lettuce.

1 Like

I made some shrimp tacos a while back
13501668_10208252382321952_5211824573572270113_n

5 Likes

A little off topic, but speaking of Brass Monkey, their Indian curries are surprisingly good. And best part is that they didn’t use the soft and mushy local short grain rice!

1 Like

Seems like all (most?) meat here has cartilage and fat chewy parts. Locals seem to love it.

Yup. Like this.

That CA beach taco was pretty tasty.

FYI, GB had a new location at ATT for Recharge. Near Miramar.

1 Like

Screenshot_20191024-152841

2 Likes

Just a reminder that today it is Thursday and there are tacos in the alley.

There is a proper roofed seating area, with tables, it is a proper restaurant, so do not worry about the wind or rain, it won’t get you there.

I’ve found Mexican food here to be lacking. Any foreign food here that’s not Japanese tends to be altered for the Taiwanese customers. Sometimes it’s OK but it’s not authentic.

The best way to have Mexican food here is to meet Mexicans and go to their house for dinner.

1 Like

The Japanese food is very Taiwanese like in Taiwan as well. It’s not exactly like how they eat in Japan.

For those who like to cook Mexican food at home

1 Like

When I was in Korea, I never trusted any local Korean selling me food that they call Mexican. What do they know?
The point is you should never buy Mexican food from anyone who culturally appropriates it, even here in Taiwan. If you come across anyone who was trained my a Mexican or who is Mexican to make good Mexican food, I say go for it.

El Sabroso, today is Taco Tuesday.

That Nomad lady knows her stuff really well.

3 Likes

That’s good.
Where is this restaurant? Do they have vegetarian options?

2 Likes

Eddy’s cantina is the best Mexican food I’ve had in the country. (For context, I’m from Los Angeles)

Nomad is discussed at length here:

You can read the thread to judge whether you deem them worthy of passing your Mexican purity test. Not that it should matter.

1 Like