Mexican/TexMex restaurant with manly meat portions

Macho Taco sucks. Last time I made a comment here, a girl on their staff sent me insulting private messages. So get ready.

Can you share in public? Or is that violating some forum rules?

lol. The owner is in my circle of friends. So I got to hear it in real life. KOR offered me a job, half way during my talks with them. one of the owners who owns macho taco talked about why I said negative things about macho taco. That was the main reason for me turning them down. I can’t believe how unprofessional that was, it has nothing to do with KOR. You got your feelings hurt because I think your taco is Shit? Now you bring it up trying to get me to work for you. No thanks. Go make me a taco if you want me to change my mind.

They stopped caring about 6 months after they opened. The all you can eat taco Tuesday at The Local has been pretty good.

Yep, I commented about how good they are after they opened. I was really excited. Told all my friends. Then within a year, downhill.

1 Like

Tried El Sabroso near Taipower Building today. Not bad at all, and very reasonable prices at $150 for 3 tacos on Tuesdays (bit more other days). I may go back for a quesadilla tomorrow.

2 Likes

Be aware that El Sabroso has tacos only on Tuesdays.

On the other days they’re open, you can try their rocking good burritos or quesadillas! :smiley:

Further discussion of this joint is available here:

Guy

Tried out Taco Monkeys in Zhongli a couple nights ago. Was a little expensive for what it was. I got 3 tacos (added 1 because the set only comes with 2), fries, soup, and a drink for around NT$300.

The tacos weren’t very big and the only option they had for beef was steak/cubed. I prefer a spicy ground beef and they didn’t use very good cuts of beef. But the other ingredients seemed fresh.

Fries were really good with some spicy Mexican seasoning.

Soup was like a Mexican minestrone. Not bad, but a bit oily.

The drink was excellent! I’ve never had horchata before, so not sure about the authenticity of this one. But it was cinnamon and delicious! Don’t often get anything cinnamon flavored in Taiwan.

I’ll go back for the horchata alone and give some of their other food items a shot. The quesadillas looked good.

They definitely chose the name around the local baseball franchise, The Lamigo Monkeys. Staff were all wearing Lamigo shirts and they had a couple of other Lamigo accents in their decor.

20170821_18150220170821_18150920170821_181435

2 Likes

in there an extrea meat option?

Honestly, I was a little pressed for time so I didn’t really get to check it out much. But I will absolutely be going back to get me some horchata! I’ll get a shot of their menu next time.

Gonna have to stick with Pick & Eat for my spicy ground beef taco fix.

1 Like

http://ss830919.pixnet.net/blog/post/47119702-《桃園美食》lamigo開餐廳啦!taco-monkeys道地墨

Doesn’t seem like it, but their portions seem more than normal.

Two tacos? TWO tacos?!?
What is that, a restaurant for friggin babies??

Glad you liked the horchata, but the rest of it sounds like shit on a stick.
Maybe not Macho Tacos shitty, but bad enough.

Is Eddie’s still around? He used to make horchatas, didn’t he???

Anyways, me, I’m more of a Jarritos fresa hombre, FWIW

1 Like

Those pictures are deceiving. The tacos were on the small side and the hard-shell set only comes with two. I paid extra for another.

Yeah, I was really surprised to see it was only two tacos, but I was short on time and wanted to try them out. Definitely not Macho Tacos shitty. Worth another shot to see what their other food options are. And the fries were excellent!

1 Like

I swear I could get Tacos made exactly this way in the Mexican Neighborhoods in LA on the street along with Mexican Coke(imported for Cane sugar taste)…but in Taiwan I get Macho tacos… what a difference the Pacific Ocean makes. I never used to dream about food but since being in Taiwan I dream about Tacos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRW06Z4gJ58

want-tacos-1

2 Likes

I always knew, deep down, that Rocket was a fresa.

Protein in large quantities is hard to get unless you want to pay a large sum of money, go to Mac Donalds or eat lots of egg based products. I suggest you get an imported protein powder supplement if you don’t want to lose your muscles

Any updates and recs? We love tacos!

This is the Mexican food places to eat discussion