Miaoli, laid back cultural haven or tumbleweed town?

Prosecutors in Miaoli, working hard to keep us safe!

Guy

2 Likes

Four plants, 2.5 million.

5 Likes

Wonder who snitched on him.

I don’t have experience in this sort of thing. I have no idea.

Guy

Yeah, that’s what I thought when I read the article in the other thread last night. Unless there were some more plants/materials outside the photo, that seems a ridiculously dishonest valuation, even for Taiwan.

2 Likes

The suspect denied growing the marijuana to sell, claiming that it was for the personal use of himself and his Indonesian girlfriend in Taiwan

Way to incriminate his gf, stuck together through thick and thin. :man_dancing::dancer:

2 Likes

What’s the criminal penalty for a foreigner growing marijuana of this scale? Some jail time? Is death penalty possible?

No, of course not. Some jail time, yes.

Singapore gives death penalty to more than 500g of marijuana and this is significantly more than that. Taiwan’s law has death sentence for drug trafficking which this falls under but I’m not sure of the limit.

They mentioned finished products in the article.

If only they knew what this would do for snack sales…

2 Likes

I knew a Taiwanese guy who went to prison for about a year for weed possession (yes, more than this… no, I didn’t know until after he was busted). Depending on the prosecutor/judge, criminal history, etc. you’re probably looking at 1-5 years.

Death penalty would be for the hard stuff like heroin trafficking obviously.

1 Like
1 Like

That’s Singapore. There are barely any executions here under the DPP at least. Anyway marijuana is a Category Two substance with a maximum sentence of life (Article 4)

https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawAll.aspx?pcode=C0000008

Couple of baggies lying around? I wasn’t convinced. Appreciate your opinion may be different though.

That is not my opinion. The quote refers to finished products not plants: “472 grams of finished cannabis products”

One forumosa member self terminated himself in a court after being busted for a 400 plant bust. They didn’t even charge him with trafficking which would have been a minimum 7 years. He was sentenced to four years and would have been out in two. Slit his own throat in court when he heard the sentence. He had this delusion that he would not go to prison. Of course he too claimed he was growing for personal use. lol

No death penalty from courts for some plants.

1 Like

There have been several over the years…