Michael Brown Shot and Killed in St. Louis

Don’t blame me. I voted for Kodos.

Hard to be sure, but it does appear he was unarmed. Well, without a weapon anyway.

Meanwhile…

[quote]Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson said Friday the initial contact between 18-year-old Michael Brown and police officer Darren Wilson was not related to a convenience store robbery.

Brown, an unarmed black teenager, was shot and killed by Wilson on Saturday, August 9.

In a press conference earlier on Friday, Ferguson police released a report naming Brown as the main suspect in a convenience store robbery where a box of Swisher Sweets cigars valued at $48.99 was stolen and a clerk was allegedly shoved.

Video of the incident allegedly showing Brown, which was released to the public, “had nothing to do with the stop” and was “unrelated” to Wilson’s contact with Brown, Jackson said. He said video of the convenience store incident was released in response to Freedom of Information Act requests.

“The initial contact between Darren Wilson and Mike Brown was not related to the alleged theft of cigars,” Jackson said, indicating Wilson did not know Brown was a suspect in the robbery.

Jackson said Wilson was in the area “coming off a sick case,” and initiated contact with Brown because the teenager was “blocking traffic, that’s it.”

When asked about Wilson, Jackson said he is “a gentleman, a quiet officer” who found the incident “devastating.”

“He never intended for any of this to happen,” Jackson said. [/quote]

huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/1 … 82762.html

[quote=“rowland”]Hard to be sure, but it does appear he was unarmed. Well, without a weapon anyway.

[/quote]

[quote=“Gao Bohan”]“The initial contact between Darren Wilson and Mike Brown was not related to the alleged theft of cigars,” Jackson said, indicating Wilson did not know Brown was a suspect in the robbery.

Jackson said Wilson was in the area “coming off a sick case,” and initiated contact with Brown because the teenager was “blocking traffic, that’s it.” huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/1 … 82762.html[/quote]

Thanks for the info, guys, even though the whole thing has me confused (Mr. Brown had allegedly just committed a robbery, but the police officer who allegedly shot him was allegedly not aware of that).

[quote=“Charlie Jack”]
Thanks for the info, guys, even though the whole thing has me confused (Mr. Brown had allegedly just committed a robbery, but the police officer who allegedly shot him was allegedly not aware of that).[/quote]

The beginnings of such riots are often extremely murky.

The initial contact between Darren Wilson and Mike Brown may not have been related to the convenience store robbery in officer Wilson’s mind but it probably was in Brown’s mind if he’s the person in the store video.

The police narrative is shifting on that point.

Believe no one. And don’t assume there are any good guys here. This sort of place is just rotten.

tpnn.com/2014/08/15/breaking … his-death/

opposingviews.com/i/society/ … g-ferguson

interestingly, the clothes appear to be exact match (Socks, shorts, underwear, shirt).

Ok, the back guy was an asshole and a theft, not an innocent student. Nevertheless, it seems to be quite “normal” to shoot at unarmed people in the USA, and this seems to be more frequent when the guy is black. Someone could argue that there are more black thefts than white thefts, but that statement would require some statistics to back it up.

The rapper just posted whatever he thought he saw, and his reaction could be reasonable. Not the way he writes though. Holy shit, what a grammar… he sounds like Chinenglish! :smiley:

There seems to be a consensus that he was running when he was shot. It’s not clear which direction he was running. It’s generally regarded as cruel and cowardly to shoot an unarmed man who is running away from you. But if he’s rushing you, different logic applies.

Bullet wound: front or back? That will tell us a lot.

[quote=“rowland”]There seems to be a consensus that he was running when he was shot. It’s not clear which direction he was running. It’s generally regarded as cruel and cowardly to shoot an unarmed man who is running away from you. But if he’s rushing you, different logic applies.

Bullet wound: front or back? That will tell us a lot.[/quote]

Wounds. 6. Front.

Autopsy Shows Michael Brown Was Struck at Least 6 Times

An interesting recorded eyewitness account has been making the rounds of conservative blogs today, but has only been picked up by one mainstream outlet.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ilson.html

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Wounds. 6. Front.

Autopsy Shows Michael Brown Was Struck at Least 6 Times[/quote]

Comments from my favorite Lefty:

[quote="[color=#0000FF]Jeralyn E. Merritt[/color], criminal defense attorney, past Secretary, Treasurer and member of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers as well as on the ABA Criminal Justice Section Council and the Board of Governors of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers, Lecturer in Law at the Denver University College of Law teaching “Wrongful Convictions” and “Criminal Defense, and creator of CrimeLynx, an internet resource for legal professionals and TalkLeft: The Politics of Crime”]Baden said all the shots hit Brown from the front (conflicting with some eyewitness statements.) Baden also said Brown had his head down when one shot hit him. As to what that means:

In other words, no conclusion. Crump, as is typical of him, tries to spin it. I recommend ignoring him.[/quote]

TM:

I’m disappointed. How can you expect the guy, who is not directly involved in the case, and at this preliminary stage, to lay down a conclusion? that would be irresponsible of him. I expected more from you.

Not impossible, but difficult to believe in this age of Telescreens and Thought Police.

Meanwhile, in international news:

[i]FERGUSON — Chinese and Russian officials are warning of a potential humanitarian crisis in the restive American province of Missouri, where ancient communal tensions have boiled over into full-blown violence.

“We must use all means at our disposal to end the violence and restore calm to the region,” Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said in comments to an emergency United Nations Security Council session on the America crisis.

The crisis began a week ago in Ferguson, a remote Missouri village that has been a hotbed of sectarian tension. State security forces shot and killed an unarmed man, which regional analysts say has angered the local population by surfacing deep-seated sectarian grievances. Regime security forces cracked down brutally on largely peaceful protests, worsening the crisis.[/i]

http://www.vox.com/2014/8/15/6005587/ferguson-satire-another-country-russia-china?utm_medium=social&utm

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

[quote=“Jack Burton”]TM:

I’m disappointed. How can you expect the guy, who is not directly involved in the case, and at this preliminary stage, to lay down a conclusion? that would be irresponsible of him. I expected more from you.[/quote]

Where did I expect any conclusion?

If anything, I did the opposite. I cited my favorite Lefty who confirms that no conclusion can be drawn at this stage.

Crump is the attorney for the Brown family. He was the attorney for Trayvon’s family, too. My cite comments on Crump’s spin, not on the statement of the Doc who performed the autopsy.

The Governor has ordered the National Guard out.

nbcnews.com/storyline/michae … ri-n182826

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]The Governor has ordered the National Guard out.

nbcnews.com/storyline/michae … ri-n182826[/quote]

what could you loot from the pizza place? half-baked pizza, literal dough?

I’m not following this case closely, but I have a few questions that one of you may know the answer to.

When Michael Brown’s body fell dead, how far was it from the policeman? We’re they both in the street at that time (within 5 meters)?

Is there any evidence that shows if Michael Brown was going toward the policeman at the end?

Is there any video of the liquor store robbery (ten minutes before the altercation)?

I heard the altercation was only “minutes” long, but have you heard a better estimate about exactly how long it was from the time the officer opened his door to the time of the fatal shot?

Are there any photos of the officers face after the incident?

Why did it take 4 hours (mid day) to get an ambulance or coroner to the scene?

Thanks in advance for any help/links.

[quote=“Jack Burton”]TM:

I’m disappointed. How can you expect the guy, who is not directly involved in the case, and at this preliminary stage, to lay down a conclusion? that would be irresponsible of him. I expected more from you.[/quote]

Well, then… we’d all better shut up now.

The governor called the National Guard out because the protests turned violent. Journalists have reported protestors throwing Molotov cocktails at police officers. If the protestors intended to portray themselves as a bunch of thugs and hooligans looking for any excuse to commit violence and theft, then they’re doing a great job. Idiots.