Middle-aged singles in Kaohsiung?

We have 500 thousand immigrants. Brits love to retire there. It’s not that really bad and for a foreigner it is really fun.

Now, sensitivity to heights and gun shots is problematic. Combat skills and self defense mastery a must though.

You mean against the wimmin folk?

Interestingly, Asian guys are very popular there. Old gringos too, like pensioners. BTW, if you are whiter than milk, you are gringo, no matter where you are from. And we have an ample variety of nationalities.

I have told you before we wimmin are highly appreciated because we are like Japanese women taught to spoil the hubby? OTOH, we are also judged by society on whether our hubby is well fed, well clothed, etc. So here in Taiwan a good chunk of us would have scored FAIL!

There is a chapter of Democrats Abroad, too. :crazy_face:

Now all I need is a pension… :laughing:

1 Like

I know an Old Gringo who lives part time in Philippines and part time in Spain. He claims he can live cheaper in Spain than the Philippines. And the food is a thousand times better with a better quality of life.

I don’t know your type but there are a few middle-aged singles, and all ages, here now and looks like continuing to trickle in before sunset.

Cijin Sunset Bar 旗津沙灘吧
No. 1050, Qijin 3rd Road, Kaohsiung
https://maps.app.goo.gl/oF3cUC3a2iiTR5bV8

That’s not a bad spot to meet people. Beach volleyball on Saturdays.

Oh yeah that’s popular with slightly older foreigners. Good spot.
I don’t think we have anything similar in Taipei.

Death and taxes my friend.

1 Like

Yeah… Filipino food is not among the world’s best. I mean, adobo chicken and lechon is good, but you can’t eat that every day.

If I could, I would.

Alas, problem is they are probably made like food in the old country, with margarine and broth cubes with Red number 4 and other chemicals banned in other parts of the world.

1 Like

Sorry to hijack, but I didn’t want to start a new thread. Whats the scene like for middle-aged singles in Taichung?

it’s a great topic for a new thread.

Do I qualify ? :wink:

RT, I’d like to introduce you to BD. See you at post 39! : D

Guy

da bomb for those with 10-year old cats.
just set up a chair in a park and the line starts immediately for mutual pussy-petting

Having a cat doesn’t alter how I live my life. It’s a responsibility I have to take him. And TBPH I really don’t understand much your comment.

Oh , you have to get used to sarcasm on Forumosa @ItinTpe :wink: Some advice will be serious and some of us will joke too . Keep smiling :blush:Of course , I never joke around , but Taichung is a tough place to meet up sometimes without a group to mix with . A lot depends on your ideal partner . Remember , there is a difference between being alone and being lonely :wink:

2 Likes

Social dancing is the ticket!

How about partner calling? Fate/destiny? Circle of life?

Being proactive may not get you far but if you smell the lovely roses in your vicinity you may be happily surprised at your findings?