Middle-aged singles in Kaohsiung?

On the subject of taxes, has anyone noticed they are paying more each month? I usually pay my 5% and then make up the difference owed every May.

This financial year I seem to be paying more each month. It’s no biggie as presumably I’ll pay less next May. However, has there been a change in the tax rules or is it just me?

Maybe you over a certain threshold and they charge the higher rate ?

That’s always been the case. I’m actually earning less now than a couple of years ago.

It’s probably just an anomaly.

All Trekkies in Taiwan? Fans of Sung dynasty pottery? Erhu/ukulele players?

Cat lovers would be a problem if our pets do not get along.

In all seriousness, I am considering hiring a bf for my trip home. Middle aged, willing and able to withstand a gruesome 32 hour, 3 transfer trip. I assure you the trip is worth it, aside from the money, you will only stay at top hotels and see National Geographic sights. Requirements: must NOT speak Spanish. Hopefully pretend not to understand English. Asian preferred but not required.

3 Likes

I don’t speak Spanish and can pretend to not speak english

Oh but you’re too young. And have a business to take care of. Otherwise, how much for a week? Can you swim? Do you mind boot sized scorpions?

Damn. I think I missed my career calling.

And I’m just not hairy enough :cry:

1 Like

Modern technology to the rescue:

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:

Looks more like beaver hair than chest hair. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Sounds very tempting. Is the “hiring a BF” mainly for show for the family? Or does it include perks like staying in the same room with you and helping out when massages are needed etc.? SCNR

Just for show would be hard enough.

Even if not speaking Spanish?

I’m thinking she will opt for an animated doll and explain it off as a case of ‘extreme jetlag’ and ‘you know those weird foreigners’…

3 Likes

It is either that or going bald and dressing in Buddhist nun clothes. I ain´t going there without some insurance.

You are missing the Latin cleverness.

I think anyone can guess their meaning by their gestures.

What exsctly DO do they do when boyfriends visit with the family ?

Poke 'em with a stick and see if he reacts ?
Feed 'em jalapeño pie?
Play Cowboys and Indians with grenade launchers ?

:grin:

Yep. Round them up and skin them.

Just kidding.

1 Like

:open_mouth::sweat_smile: There’s a queue forming at your door Icon
:joy:
To escape !