Missing an avatar?

Is your avatar gone? If you were part of a Forumosan Group, I think I know what happened

I discovered (the hard way) that uploading a Group Avatar replaced each members avatar :frowning: And then removing it after i realized that happened only removed the group avatar and did not return a memberā€™s avatar to their original one

Iā€™m sorry for the snafu
:bow: :bow: :bow:

[quote=ā€œGoose Eggā€]Is your avatar gone? If you were part of a Forumosan Group, I think I know what happened

I discovered (the hard way) that uploading a Group Avatar replaced each members avatar :frowning: And then removing it after i realized that happened only removed the group avatar and did not return a memberā€™s avatar to their original one

Iā€™m sorry for the snafu
:bow: :bow: :bow:[/quote]

Well that makes ME feel better.

Link: Forumosa's Groups. A special request

Sorry about that.

marboulette

Yes, everyone in the group having the same ava is confusing.

Ah, so thatā€™s what happened. Now I need a new avatarā€¦

I donā€™t mind the cat, but I miss Rosie.
Can anyone help me:

1. Photobucket
    Usually I load pics to forumosa this way: Click on the link code (ā€œIMG for bulletin boards & forumsā€) under the picture on Photobucket. It automatically copies and then I paste it on forumosa.
    Now photobucket says the link is copied when I click on the code, but nothing is actually copied, hence I canā€™t paste anything. Simple problem, but canā€™t figure out what I am doing wrong.

2. Flickr
    I have never figured out how to post pictures from Flickr.

3. Other, better way (simpler) I donā€™t know about?

Much thanks, K

[quote=ā€œkageā€]I donā€™t mind the cat, but I miss Rosie.
Can anyone help me:

1. Photobucket
    Usually I load pics to forumosa this way: Click on the link code (ā€œIMG for bulletin boards & forumsā€) under the picture on Photobucket. It automatically copies and then I paste it on forumosa.
    Now photobucket says the link is copied when I click on the code, but nothing is actually copied, hence I canā€™t paste anything. Simple problem, but canā€™t figure out what I am doing wrong.[/quote]For an avatar, you need the direct link provided by Photobucket (the one that starts with ā€œhttp://ā€). Select the link text and then press CTRL+C to copy it.

Thanks, it worked, but it took some doing. I kept getting nothing copied. Then it finally worked, but copied the wrong image (multiple times). Most likely my ineptitude, but seemed a bit buggy to me.
(btw, I thought control C only worked on Appleā€¦ does it work on PCs as well?)

Thanks again, joesax.

Mr Joesax is DA MAN! :notworthy:

move through the various options for linking to get only the ā€œstaticā€ address for the jpg. then select only the image address, beginning at Http:// and ending with .jpg , and then paste that into the forumosa reply panel or the avatar link bar. you may get better presentation reults in a reply post if you hihghlight the address of the picture and then click the image tag icon, so it gets surrounded with tags.

Thanks urodacus. Will give that a try.

Mine disappeared, and it was a really expensive one. Who should I speak to about compensation?