Missing Malaysian Airline Theory

Call me crazy…maybe watching too many movies, but I have a theory.

Facts:
2 people boarded with stolen passports.
Oil slicks found in the ocean.
Ships in the area of the oil slicks have not found any debris.

Theory:
Plane was hijacked, fuel partially dumped to make it appear as a crash…to buy time
Plane landed and refueled somewhere
motive?
Possibly a dirty bomb on board?

A lot of governments are sending military planes and ships to aid in “search and rescue”, but could they also be hiding something we don’t know?

It is possible…but then again the easiest explanation is a crash.
This theory just hit me a few minutes ago. What do you think?

Bit of a coincidence that there’s a big Chinese political conference underway in Beijing at the moment.

Maybe it was a failed hijack attempt to crash the plane into Tiananmen square, who knows…

Malaysia is a devout muslim country and I’d be surprised if our friends at ‘The Religion Of Peace’ didn’t have something to do with it.

Everyone is thinking it, they’re just too scared to say it!

Is it technically possible to switch off the signalling systems that automatically report GPS position?

You’d need a bloody big makeshift runway for a 777. Defence radar would notice, surely. Unless it’s landed in a country where the military are sympathetic to the hijackers. Not impossible, I guess.

And how did they only just notice the passports were stolen after the plane was boarded and in the air? After all the rigmarole of x-raying your socks and checking for explosives in your underwear, that’s a bit of a pisspoor oversight, innit?

The Bermuda Triangle shifted when nobody was thinking about it.

Do they really check your undies at KL?

I’m really curious about that one. Just how common is that? Could it be that there’s routinely a bunch of people flying around with fake passports, for reasons that I have no idea about? After all, plenty of passports get stolen, and there’s a market for them - where do they all go?

Apparently there’s an Interpol database for such information, but Malaysia customs doesn’t check it.

I’m really curious about that one. Just how common is that? Could it be that there’s routinely a bunch of people flying around with fake passports, for reasons that I have no idea about? After all, plenty of passports get stolen, and there’s a market for them - where do they all go?[/quote]

There’s a long thread that involves someone who posted here or on Taiwanease e going back to his homeland with a “fake” passport. I doubt Taiwan checks the database either.

Now there are reports that the plane may have turned back before it vanished from the radar screens.

If the oil slick is from the plane hitting the water, there would be debris in the water. None has been found so far.
The water off the coast of Vietnam is not really that deep. The transponder would have been picked up by now if it was working.
If the oil slick is from the plane, then it must have been dumped. But why?

Maybe a reason for no debris being found yet is that th plane went way off course and they are looking in the wrong place.

Add this bit to the pot: the Malaysian acting transportation minister is traveling to Beijing. My suspicions are on the side of this being part of the wave of attacks like in Kunming. Last detail mentioned is that they have the people with stolen passports identified on security footage.

The oil from the oil slick is being tested, which means that boats have already reached it. But no debris, which actually may not be absolutely necessary to prove plane went kaboom there.

Too many rumors. Any speculation is valid at this point, as there are simply no facts.

You can tell stuff is not properly checked, I went last year to HK and when I came back they said I was using a different passport than the one I left, because the person checking me out of the country enter the wrong numbers, I mean it would check is you don’t appear in the database or if show somebody else.

How bizarre that such a thing wouldn’t be checked. So they’ve got lots of people ensuring that I don’t bring a bottle of water through security, and they’re filming everything I do, but they haven’t implemented what’s got to be a pretty easy database routine.

Wonder if those stolen passports tend to turn up in the hands of Malaysian citizens more often than is good for the country’s ‘face’ …

[quote=“Icon”]Add this bit to the pot: the Malaysian acting transportation minister is traveling to Beijing. My suspicions are on the side of this being part of the wave of attacks like in Kunming. Last detail mentioned is that they have the people with stolen passports identified on security footage.

The oil from the oil slick is being tested, which means that boats have already reached it. But no debris, which actually may not be absolutely necessary to prove plane went kaboom there.

Too many rumors. Any speculation is valid at this point, as there are simply no facts.[/quote]

I don’t think an entire 777 can be vaporized. Even if it did nose dive, making the crash area small, there would be debris.

Another possibility…plane dumps fuel before trying to make an emergency water landing, but ends in a crash. Again, where is the debris? And why was there no distress call?

Bomb at high altitude???..doesn’t explain the oil slick (if it is from the plane)

hmm, if the muslim terrorists had blown it up in midair, there should be debris.
whatever, it’s tragic for those on board and their loved ones
:frowning:

I bet the pear that I have on the counter that the oil may not be related. The decoy theory is attractive but nope. Dumping oil for a landing in a 777? Nope. Two engines, high economy efficiency. And again,not enough time, though there is a rumor that US military did catch an SOS -again, this mainly from Chinese media.

However, it is important to note that pilots are very reticent to issue an alert or distress signal even in the direst of circunstances. In a fully computerized mammoth like a 777, they may place too much trust in the instruments telling them it is alll rightie. They may be taking actions conductive to solving technical problems without actually saying anything. There may be issues of command, especially in Asian airlines. There are way too many factors to consider and again, the plane could be in the Twilight Zone for all we know as we know close to zero.

As to the debris, at that crusing altitude and speed, over water, finding them is not even a needle in a haystack. It is more like a speck of dust in a haystack.

Maybe the plane began to turn back when there was a disturbance among the passengers, then they blew it up. There might have been time to issue a short mayday signal (although apparently not).
Anyway, it’s very sad for them, and I’d rather not comment anymore, just hope the plane can quickly be located in the morning.

Exactly. Just because they haven’t found debris doesn’t mean there isn’t any.

Wouldn’t aviation fuel evaporate pretty quickly, even from cold water, rather than forming a ‘slick’? The observed slick may just be general pollution, unless somebody’s tested it.

I don’t recall anyone saying the slick was from jet fuel.

They’ve always referred to it as an oil slick, i.e. lubrication from the engines and hydraulic oil from the servo control systems…

I’m really curious about that one. Just how common is that? Could it be that there’s routinely a bunch of people flying around with fake passports, for reasons that I have no idea about? After all, plenty of passports get stolen, and there’s a market for them - where do they all go?[/quote]
Following up on this a bit, from the BBC site:

[quote]The presence of two passengers with stolen passports is a breach of security but could relate to illegal migration.

When an Air India plane crashed in Mangalore in 2010 en route from Dubai, with the loss of 158 lives, as many 10 fraudulent passports were recovered.[/quote]
So a fraudulent passport needn’t mean much at all - if 10 out of 158 is anything like a typical ratio on international Asian flights, it may be much more common than I’d have thought.

Oh ok. I was just musing on the OP’s theory that it was dumped fuel.

Makes a complete mockery of security procedures though. Guy with an enormous beard: red alert, bring out the rubber glove and the sniffer dogs. Guy with a fake passport: have a nice trip, sir.

At least it now becomes a bit clearer how ZD managed to walk onto a flight with a passport picture that looked nothing like him.