Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

I still occasionally talk to them, happy birthdays and such.
They were planning on visiting Canada this year but Covid-19 hit, they say maybe in 2021…we shall see.

12 Likes

@Davesbrother I think you still have friends and concerned people’s here that are willing to help if the smallest need or have any thing you want help with.

3 Likes

Missing person still missing since 2016.

Seems like Taiwan government doesn’t care.

Not a real quote but “Hey, we lost a foreigner, wife and child don’t care, whatever…” extreme sucking buillshit.

Wife doesn’t care.

Hope brother and family can find closure.

3 Likes

Lesson learned:

• If you are Taiwan girl and marry a foreigner and tired of them. KILL THEM AND POLICE AND TAIWAN GOVERNMENT DON”T CARE.
  • Lesson learned for foreign men. You could die with no serious investigation.

Caveat: Not being sexist, could go both ways, or alternate ways.

That’s not news anywhere. If you can commit a crime and leave no trace of it, you’ll get away with it.

True, and obviously we will therefore never know true murder rates, or any crime rates as x amount will never be caught. The more everyday people know about crime site analysis the less effective it becomes too. For example bleach seems standard in the average kill pack these days. I would hazard a guess that rape, murder and all crimes are way higher than we think.

They don’t need to be so sophisticated in Taiwan in the boondocks, probably

1 Like

Out of cc camera range? Sadly, it seems you’re good to go.

Guy

3 Likes

Those CCTV cameras have got to be the biggest pain in the neck for all criminals. I guess on a,rainy dark night it is still pretty difficult to get a clear image though. About a week ago in heavy rain I was driving on the east coast I could hardly see and nearly got wiped out at least twice by gravel trucks.

1 Like

The cops then say…That one and that one wasn’t working… or the footage went missing.
How convenient.

4 Likes

I think some probably genuinely fall into disrepair, but still serve as deterrents. I think the footage is only kept a few weeks anyway right ? And,yeah it can be easily lost depending on who is the victim and who the perpetrator.

1 Like

A lot of it is due to pure laziness. And of course for any investigation time is usually critical. Similar for things like mountain rescues, how much timely effort and resources are put in.

1 Like

With all that green tea the cops drink they should be jumping around like mad hatters.

1 Like

You ever get the runaround…everyone passing the buck and sending you off with another phone number to call?
I am beyond pissed off at certain departments within our own government.

I have one simple question, “when does my brother get declared deceased ?”

St Thomas police, where I filed the report, sends me to the RCMP.
The RCMP send me to global affairs.
Global Affairs tells me to contact a lawyer or call the police in Taiwan.
Just for the record the police in Taiwan will need a translator before I can even talk to them, I know I met them face to face in 2019.
Apparently I cant even get my own governments consular in Taipei to help me…why are they even there, holiday??

I have people on my friends list who live in Taiwan, can somebody tell me when does a Canadian that lived in Taiwan for several years, get declared dead by the Taiwanese government?
He will be missing for 7 years come November 15, 2016.

2 Likes

Don’t get me started. As a dual citizen, you can be sure if “shit every hit the fan” abroad, I’d contact Fudruckers for a burger or the local Circus’s bearded lady before contacting Global Affairs last. :laughing:

Sorry for your loss and the runaround you’re getting.

Another thread talking about the competency of certain officials Canadian murdered in Yonghe - Taiwan / Living in Taiwan - Forumosa

Dave’s brother, I am so sorry about these awful developments, both your loss and the lack of closure.

As an additional point of contact, do you think contacting your local MP could get some things moving?

Guy

PS As far as you know, are the details in this report from 2019—posted above by @Icon—still broadly accurate?

Guy

I had no leads, just hoped for some answers or closure when I wrnt to Taiwan in 2019.
Now I just need to know when the Taiwan government declares him dead.
My own government, Canada, cant serm to answer this.
I am hoping one of you know the answer or can at least talk to an official and get a response.
Missing persons report filed in Hualien.

1 Like

a family member should submit a request to court for the declaration, iiuc

3 Likes

Seems so, Article 8. Perhaps you do need to contact a local lawyer

https://law.moj.gov.tw/ENG/LawClass/LawParaDeatil.aspx?media=print&pcode=B0000001&bp=4

1 Like