Missing Person, David Allan Broderick, “Dave”, Canadian

No way Dave is awol and living in the mountains of Taiwan.

Even if he lost his memory in the accident, the Taiwanese hill tribesmen are not lost savages. They will notify the police of this strange foreigner who is stumbling around not knowing who he is or what he is or where he is.

Nah, hes not living in the Taiwan hills like some japanese ex soldier hermit who thinks WW2 is still going on.

That was his wife’s story back at the beginning. Yet she seems to have gotten a divorce…

See why this case is so complicated?

The wife clearly has no clue and her statements should not be taken at face value.

Yet she is the only source the family has.

And when push comes to shove, all requests, all legal matters, will have to go through her. Hence the «thread lightly» warning.

Generally speaking, the sort of foreigner who might hide in the hills would tend to know some Chinese, and be a hiker.

Um…she got a divorce. There is no longer any relation. Dave’s family in Canada would now be next of kin.

1 Like

That’s why I was asking about passport.
If he drove to the cliff to jump would you need a passport for anything along the journey, between Taitung and Quinshui Cliff?
Why would he not mention where he was when texting the wife, or say he was in an accident or whatever.
Last time he saw his daughter was August 27 2016 when she was “taken” away to Taipei by the wife.
Dave was on his own in Taitung, did not get locked out of his place. Was threatened with a vacate notice on the door.
If suicide was what people think, I honestly believe he would see his daughter in person one last time before doing so.
Also I just went through 2 fb profiles and since the birth if his daughter November 2013 I saw 5 photos if Dave with a beer. Not once did I see video’s of him drunken, staggering nor do I see pictures of him passed out or partying too hard. Did he like beer yes, he’s Canadian but his life changed with the birth of his daughter.
He was by himself when that big storm hit in 2016 with nobody there checking in him.
Everything changed with the stupid b&b business and they wanted Dave out if the picture.
Abandonment was not the reason for the divorce, Dave knew papers were in the mail, he mentions bogus abuse even to his wife.
Do not picture Dave as a bad guy. Picture Dave as a loving father that would and did do everything for his daughter.
It was okay for him not to work for several years but as soon as they wanted him gone it became a factor.

1 Like

I feel like we are being fed tid bits of info. Lots of tiny details not all disclosed at once.

This info is important!

And

What papers? Was he being sued? Were the restraining orders? What?

A person who claims to have known him posted Dave was known to be violent with a temper.

So he was unemployed for years??? This is huge!

Who exactly are “they”?

Thanks for clearing that up Tommy.

1 Like

Very white face.

Why ?

Because it means he had no income of his own. His was depending on his wife for money. It shows just how difficult a situation he was in when he went missing. It explains one of the possible reasons for their marriage falling apart etc etc etc

Well of course . I think we guessed they weren’t working for years already . There’s no mystery that his marriage had fallen apart. The mystery is what happened to him that day.

They?

No kidding. We knew his marriage fell apart. We didn’t know WHY.
This explains one possible reason WHY.

And why.

Husband wife .
Not sure why we have to spell stuff for ya :).

This stuff has been mentioned before.
I said Dave did not have to work. The family was rich.
I didn’t know that the divorce papers were in the mail and that Dave knew about this until I got those screenshots from the wife. I thought she got a divorce from abandonment but obviously not and think she went with abuse, but Dave mentioning “bogus abuse” to the wife makes me think there was no abuse.
I mentioned the b&b and how it was Dave’s idea but he didnt have the money to do it, but they did and made it into a hotel and that’s when the shit hit the fan.
Now they, the family, wanted Dave out of the picture.

1 Like

SuiGeneris, you really seem to have it out for me and always on my back.
Skeptical about every little thing even down to the GoFundMe amount.
You want to ask me something send me a private message and I’ll see what I can do.

I was born in West Germany in 1969.
We moved to Petawawa Ontario when I was 2 (4 years)
Then we went to Baden West Germany I was 6 (4 years)
Then to Oromocto New Brunswick I was 10 (5 years)
Then to London Ontario when I was 15.
My brother is 4 years older then me. We moved together, we made new friends with each move and we said goodbye to these friends when we moved again.
The only constant I had was my brother, he is my only lifelong friend.
When I began the search for Dave I knew very little.
I found out he was missing in February of 2017, 3 months after his disappearance. Was told they searched for him, hired a helicopter and he was seen getting into a car with other people. Was told he was probably living in the mountains.
I believed this and pictured Dave living with other Taiwanese people, living a simple life with caring people. I pictured him hiding here to hide from the guilt and shame from a failed marriage. I could see him watching from the trees Amber play and go to school and see how she has grown.
It wasn’t until I started searching for him I found other details, his passport was not used to leave Taiwan, Dave and Sandy were getting divorced and Dave knew about it. I never knew he rode a scooter to a cliff and I never knew how alone he really was until I read his messages to his wife.
Had I known all of this 2 years ago I would have been in Taiwan then and not looking for answers now.
Somebody mentioned that they hated the fact that a little girl may one day read this and be hurt, but you didn’t take into account his 79 year old father who is reading this now, his friends and family who are following this thread, and his only sibling looking for help and answers.
I have lost weight, do not sleep well, wake up with headaches and stressed out because he is always in my thoughts.
You think my eyes don’t fill up with tears wondering what happened to my brother, why didn’t he call me for help, why was he so alone in this world.
What about the fact that I have to face a little girl who basically has half my DNA running through her veins, I picture seeing her for the first time and her running towards my yelling “daddy, daddy”, you think that won’t break my heart. I can only hope she doesn’t speak english so I don’t have to talk to her.
So please bare with me, take it easy on me and give me a break.

11 Likes

I moved around a LOT as a kid as well, all the way up to high school.
Have zero friends whom I remain in contact with from elementary and high school days. ZERO.
I know your feeling of hanging out with only family members as they are/were the only constant thing in social life (before college for me).
Only thing to recommend as stress relief is some form of exercise, as that’s when I ponder/figure out life’s travails.

4 Likes

You have to understand that from time to time, somebody pranks this forum by pretending to be somebody that they’re not. Usually they pretend to be involved in a cross-cultural romance gone wrong, or something of that nature. Anyway, you can understand why it might have taken some time to convince some people here that you are for real.

Also, in a situation like this, it is best to go in with a skeptical mind–not to accept anything anybody says as fact, even if they seem well-intentioned. People often speak imprecisely, or without full knowledge, about details that turn out to be important. In this thread we see a lot of people trying to nail down basic facts about what happened.

I am very sorry for your loss. Your brother is an extreme example of what has become a fairly common pattern, of a foreigner who comes here and goes, well, off the rails–or perhaps I should say, finds himself without the kind of social network that might have held him back from making a series of bad choices. This is not your fault (as anybody from AA will assure you). If there is any good that can come from this evil, it is that little girl, who I hope you do get to see soon.

9 Likes