Mister Donut

Original Title: Mister Donut Coming (back) to Taiwan

I know somebody out there has been waiting for a donut shop here. Before the year ends, the wait should be over.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Sugary donutty goodness!!

Please don’t let this first one open up in Tianmu… I don’t want to have to travel that far to indulge.

:homer:

glglglglglgggl Doooo-nuttt…

I agree - PLEASE, let it be downtown… preferably somewhere, oh, say within a five-minute walk :laughing:

ARG! Why can’t it be Krispy Kreme! :frowning:

Please no freaking red bean donuts! :fume:

1 Like

Mister Donut is better than no donut. Dunkin Donuts would just rock! :bouncy:

For Dgirl

Heh - there’s the gargle pic I wanted!

Donuts - is there anything they can’t do??? :homer:

I think it is going to be in the Takashimaya department store in Tien Mu. It’s going to be the Japanese style ones whatever that is. Still, get ready for a glucose fix.

Why all the “good stuff” in Tianmu :fume:

Some good stuff on LiShui Jie. :smiley:

I just had two chocolate chip cookies from Subway so just thinking about donuts is making me feel ill. I must be getting old.

This is true and old news. Live with a Japanese donut junkie and you’d have known about this months ago.
Mister Donut is a Japanese chain, although I kid that it is actually from the States (where I am assured that their donut shops like Winchell’s and Dunkin’ Donuts are cheap imitations of real donut shops). And you smokers will be please to know that the whole place (at least in Japan) is total smoking friendly. So light up, have a bear-claw and a tea…

Why are all the cool shops in Tienmu? That’s a rhetorical question…

I’ll write a letter to Uni-President asking them not to open the store in Tienmu if there’s only one store planned to open in the near future. They probably won’t listen to me, but at least I try…

Maybe you guys can ask your local friends/wives/girl- or boyfriends to write them too. Just a thought.

One outlet is better than none, yes Grasshopper?
Take the donut hole from my hand before you can leave the shop…

Hey you want water you have to go to the well… :slight_smile:

If it’s a japanese chain tienmu is a logical spot, and takashiyama perhaps the most logical.

Didn’t you read the article (I guess not). If memory serves correctly they plan on opening 100 island-wide in the next 5 years (or was it 10).

Shouldn’t this topic be “Mister Donut coming back to Taiwan”? Or is it under new management now? I don’t recall the donuts sold at their shops in Taipei (remember the little triangular shop next to Tonglin Department Store? There was also one in the train station, I believe) being all that wonderful, but at least they were real donuts. The closest thing we’ve seen since they left has been that ill-fated Ankiss experiment.

There was a great donut store in Nan Yang Street a few years ago (I think it was part of an American chain???), but it quickly went out of business. I guess that explains why these stores prefer Tian Mu. Maybe the customers kept complaining about the missing bit.

Or maybe they forgot to add corn ‘n’ pea donuts to their range.

or rousong and grease donuts.