Mister Donut

Bananas look like yellow dildoes.

Pfft a lot of food is phallic or otherwise suggestive-looking. Oysters somehow look like both vulvas and testicles at the same time. That ain’t gonna stop me.

I finally just gave up and now everyone at my house calls them “papinas”

there’s a lady making fried stuff in that small corner stand. I passed by there today and tried the donuts: they taste like donuts more than mister donut’s stuff.
And cheap top, 2 for 25NT.

Johan in basement of Xinguang Sanye in Tianmu, acceptable

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. :wink:

There’s a couple bakeries near me which make passable donuts, but they’re always a little off… dough is usually too dense or bready.

Count me in too! I like Mister Donut! Much better than Timmies

It’s funny this thread got traction now. There was a bunch of independent donut places that opened in Taipei a few years back but I think most have closed down now (going by yelp there are still a few ). Omas at Taipower do a decent jam donut.
Tokyo has the best donuts and cronuts in Asia…I shall review soon for your pleasure.

I usually like Japanese style baked goods and desserts. But I also just really like matcha…

Matcha is proof Shinto gods love us.

Matcha is Satan’s toenail fungus

I am almost tempted to make a matcha poll…

Well, I mean, it’s a donut. It went well with my coffee.

Das ist ein Berliner, with a hole!

Johan Paris? Sounds more like German and Dutch,

You got me. Probably Japanese :slight_smile: Their bread’s pretty good though.

They have a few stores in Zhongli. Not that anybody is interested to know this Im sure. And yes their bread is pretty decent.

I never imagined I would say this but Mister Donut is better than Krispy Kreme Dunkin Donuts. They have me at angel cream. Krispy Dunkin Taiwan doesn’t seem to have cream filled donuts anymore.

Ditto on the custard.

Is Dunkin still around? I thought they pulled out years ago.