MoI changed the ID Number format

I imagine it will be fun when I show up with a new ID number at my bank in a few months!
I can guarantee they will not be prepared. Have to hang out at the branch for many hours until they call up the HQ and get up to speed.

And all the fun when no place can get my ID validated. Sorry! The computer says it is wrong!

6 Likes

If you do, it definitely won’t be invisibility. :grin:

1 Like

I forgot which bank but when I sent my aprc they thought for some reason it was a new number. They insisted then that the credit card had to be cancelled and I reapply like a new customer. I said that the number remained the same and the guy seemed relieved.
Seems that bank couldn’t just update the number.

How are the videotaping laws in Taiwan? @tando Do you need to ask for consent?
I want to videotape the struggle for posterity when using my new ID.
I will not publish it, at least not censored.

1 Like

ARC’s are not ID’s, they’re just ARC’s.

So you are saying ARC is not an identity document?

Do you think they will issue a certificate of ID number change for us to take to banks and stuff?

Old ID will still be printed on ARCs with new ID number format. Somewhere in the back.

1 Like

How many times they ask you for your passport when showing your 'P’ARC?

I never carry passport on me. When asked for ID, I always show my ARC.

You have to bring a passport when opening a bank account. But this is because of banking regulations to follow international banking rules. Money laundering, tax avoidance, etc.
The ARC has my passport number printed if they need it.

用途
外國籍非中華民國國民與無戶籍國民之身分證明

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_certificate

1 Like

Do you think the NIA will use this opportunity to update the design of the ARC too? I guess they need to change it a little bit, due to writing the old ARC number on the back. What would you add or remove to/from the ARC?

悠遊卡 that can not be lost. Just bang your head against cash register to pay!

4 Likes

In that case it should be implanted in your forehead.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nothing to see here, move along

I had to change my ID number on a few bank accounts at one bank a few months ago.

It took five hours of time physically in the branch over three separate trips.

8 Likes

I hope banks put in place procedures to automatically convert to our new ARC numbers. This would be the logical thing to do. Unfortunately, we live in Taiwan :sleepy:.

2 Likes

sounds about the norm.

And I want a million dolleridoos :rofl: :wink:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Will the new eID maintain the parents names on the back?

Coming soon.