MoI changed the ID Number format

roger that!

If this happens, I will be amazed. My instinct is: no way.

Guy

Would be nice if the new number was the same as the old apart from the second digit replacing the previous letter.

1 Like

The last check digit most likely have to be be different too. It is based on weighted sum of all the other letters.

The first 3 letters and the last one have a specific function in new format. Others can be random (match previous numbers).

1 Like

Taiwanese have superstition against specific numbers. I would not be surprised if you can ask for a different number if you don’t ‘like’ the randomly assigned one.

You can experience the height of superstition when a child’s Chinese name is chosen.

Even from a list of English names for our son the name Philip was ruled out because it sounded similar to the Koninklijke Philips N.V. company from Netherlands.

3 Likes

:noway:

1 Like

I don’t get it. What’s bad about it ?

I don’t get it either. :sweat_smile:

Something about them making light bulbs and he would be picked at at school for that and become bald (like a light bulb) in the future. :joy:
Absolutely ridiculous. I had to let it go because arguing against it just was not worth it.

3 Likes

Would they have allowed the name Ben despite it sounding like 笨? :thinking:

1 Like

FYI for anyone who has the Alien Citizen Digital Certificate, the Taiwanese agency responsible for digital certification (MOICA) has kindly sent us all an email to notify us of this change.

So ~250 email addresses made public because one of the supposedly tech-savvy people there doesn’t know how to bcc. :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Lol. That’s the joke of the year!!

4 Likes

Yeah, I just received that too!

1 Like

Class action lawsuit!

2 Likes

If we can, we should!

You can reply to all to call for class action lawsuit.

8 Likes

Haha, such American mentality.

1 Like

It would be if I was American… :wink:

3 Likes

Just received another e-mail from MOICA (I responded to their mass e-mail yesterday politely requesting that they use bcc in future, but no idea whether that’s the reason):

[MOICA]道歉函-致各位自然人憑證外來人口通知換證用戶
親愛的用戶您好,
因本團隊操作人員疏忽,不慎將收件者之電子郵件地址皆載於收件者之欄位,在此向各位用戶致上誠摯之歉意。
為此,本團隊依照個人資料保護法第12條及施行細則第22條規定通知各位用戶相關事項如下:
本團隊於民國110年1月7日下午16:55左右發出之電子郵件,
內含250位收件者之郵件地址,目的為通知用戶換領新證號之自然人憑證,然不慎將各位用戶之電子郵件地址皆載於收件者之欄位並寄出。
影響範圍:用戶之「電子郵件地址」共計250筆。
後續採取之因應措施: 接獲此通知信之用戶,敬請勿再次轉寄該電子郵件予他人,以免造成個資外洩之疑慮。
謹再次向各位用戶致上最高歉意。

自然人憑證管理中心團隊上

Google translation:

[MOICA] Letter of Apology-To all natural persons’ certificates and foreign populations to notify users of certificate replacement
Hello dear users,

Due to the negligence of the operators of this team, the recipient’s email address was accidentally included in the recipient’s field, and I sincerely apologize to all users.

To this end, the team will notify users of the following matters in accordance with Article 12 of the Personal Data Protection Law and Article 22 of the Implementation Rules:

The email sent by our team at about 16:55 pm on January 7th, 2021, contains the email addresses of 250 recipients. The purpose is to notify the user to renew the natural person voucher with the new ID number, but accidentally put the email address of each user in the recipient field and send it out.

Affected Scope: A total of 250 “email addresses” of users.

Follow-up measures: Users who have received this notification letter, please do not forward the e-mail to others again, so as to avoid the doubt of personal information leakage.

I once again apologize to all users.

On the team of the Natural Person Certificate Management Center

4 Likes

What is this legal term? Isn’t everyone a natural person ?