MoI changed the ID Number format

and how do you know your employer changed it yet? hahah. so what do we do we do if it doesn’t work? I have an appointment with my doctor today and I don’t know if it’ll work or not. what’s my best option?

Well, my employer got my new info back in May and was never requested to change my NHI to the new ID even though I told them they might have some issues. NHI also told my employer they don’t need to change my ID now.

I was also told by somebody who has a family member working at NHI that you don’t need to change it…

also the blog post somebody made what to expect claims you don’t need to change it.

Most likely it will still work.
But better talk to your employer. You probably have to give your employer the form yourself:
https://www.bli.gov.tw/0009854.html

broken link

1955.gov.tw is down probably because of the voucher interest :rofl:

I will try to find alternative
https://www.bli.gov.tw/0009854.html

If your employer changes the NHI contributions they will do either of 2 things: 1) apply for your new NHI card 2) ask you to go get a new NHI card in person since it is faster than applying through them.

Hence the information from NHI employees is wrong.

I will be around NHI office this afternoon, will try to go in and see what they tell me this time. FOR SCIENCE! lol

1 Like

Show them the form!

健保署於受理並完成變更資料時,將註銷原使用之健保卡,故請保險對象另填「請領健保卡申請表」,並繳交工本費200元,申請換發新卡。

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure if I push they will give me a new card, but last time they told me it is not needed to be done right away. They told me to save my 200 NTD and save the earth by not replacing my NHI card needlessly.

Rather they don’t want to lift a finger :grin:
The updating from masses will make the government look bad as they promised the change will be painless, automatic and free of charge!

5 Likes

I think that the NHI card uses another # as well…the small number on the right or left bottom, which might be why it may not be needed.

Yes, but remember that NHI database and NIA databases are merged now to check it you have been abroad recently and they use your ARC# to cross check it.

Changing ID numbers have been so painful. Waste of time and money and worse of all… for no damn reason!

7 Likes

well im got go to the hospital today for an appointment. lets see what happens…curious to know how it goes…

worst case scenario I pay out of pocket and get reimbursed through NHI?

so far I updated my CTBC Bank id so I can get paid by my school…luckily the girl behind the counter wasn’t completely deer in the headlights so that went smooth, I’ve already learned to expect that in Taiwan nothing is ever smooth when dealing with this kind of stuff.

Today I went to the post office to change my NHI card. I brought my old card, New ARC, 200NTD and a passport sized photo.
The Clerk there helped me fill out the correct form, made the necessary copies and and gave me a slip that counts as “new card” until the real one arrives. Took about 15 minutes.

In fact it went so smoothly, that I don’t have anything funny to tell. I’ll go to update my driver’s license next. Maybe they’ll make it interesting.

9 Likes

Updating the driver’s license was easy for me.

1 Like

so hospital experience was fine. old card NHI worked fine.

but now I have a weird experience with my employer. I always get paid on the 5th, but since I didn’t update my bank to my new ID number. My school told me my payment was BLOCKED by china trust bank. So be sure to not forget to do this? It just seems odd. I thought they hold it until you update it, not block it and send it back? wtf?

but here is where stuff gets weird, its the 10th and I still not been paid, and my school is telling me they don’t know when payment is coming, so I just told them to send it to the account now because its fine, and they told me it has to be in CASH now. Now they tell me they don’t know when it will be ready because they have to call a bunch of people? wtf? does any of this sound like major bs?

none of this makes any sense to me. anybody who can help em out?

1 Like

Did you already update your information at your bank?