MoI changed the ID Number format

I’m sure they could not give a flying f**ck.

5 Likes

We don’t have a choice in this. If the ARC expires or address needs to be changed, a new ID is inevitable. Without residency one can not stay here.
We can complain, but those workers at NIA just follow the regulations. Complain to the directors, but they will deflect responsibility to someone else, e.g. their predecessor.

They try to deal with this mess. As often there is no accountability.

3 Likes

the high ups in the office are usually quite reachable. it seems worth those with APRCs raising some kind of stink so they know.

2 Likes

those in Taitung. the NIA director(?) is running for elections each time. he does a lot for foreigners. he is one guy who might give a flying fuck pre election, if not just to brag about more accomplishments.

1 Like

It is too late to backtrack anyway. They are already issuing the new ID numbers since January 2021.
When there was time, they were not releasing a lot of information and not listening to our input.

Do or Die.

2 Likes

it’s not about backtracking, it’s about updating their retarded systems that are not programmed to deal with their own data sets.

1 Like

We have no choice in the matter. MoI does it automatically for any new ARC, and we’re stuck cleaning up its shit, as always happens.

yes, for new ones. there are a number of aprc that have no rush to hand in their old for the new. regular arc holders can also ask question pre renewals to get conversations going. tens of thousands.

Ha ha… good luck. I’ll buy the first round if any changes in next few years.

my point wasn’t so much expectations. the original thing wa obvious sarcasm, though based on reality. It’s like voting. if one does nothing, what right do they have to complain? if one doesnt stand up for whatever the new human rights infractions are, also dont bother complaining later. doing a bare minimum of effort (probably less effort than visiting even ONE bank to change your details…time wise) is not a waste. at least a person tried. not trying is essentially acceptance and agreement with the system.

but it’s cool if people are happy to not have these basic things work right, enjoy days of bank changes, address changes and all that fun stuff :slight_smile: last time I was at the bank changing address too 2 hours. I can have a much more meaningful conversation with NIA back desks in less than 1 hour. if extrapolated into the thousands, things do actually trickle up. not as fast as modern day society wants, but it still does. patience + diligence + effort = good.

1 Like

Does this mean you can’t change the letter again after the switch over to the new system? Like the other poster, I want to naturalise in Penghu to get an X… but mine went from AA to E after the new switch since I changed my address as well :face_holding_back_tears:

Yep. You’re E for life! If you’ve already naturalised.

2 Likes

If you are currently a foreigner, it doesn’t matter what letter you have now. Your ID number after you naturalize will be decided by where you register your household registration after naturalization, not by what you have now. You can still get an X if you want. However, to save yourself some ballache, I probably wouldn’t naturalize somewhere where almost nobody will have naturalized before. I doubt it will be a smooth process. @Fuzzy_Barbecue will tell you how much hassle he has gone through, and he didn’t naturalize on an island with 100,000 people.

5 Likes

I think this indirectly answered my question about the letter. Thanks.

Sorry, @Marco , I hadn’t specified clearly. I am on a TARC now, and my letter changed to E when the new system was implemented (since I moved my address to Kaohsiung). My original question should have been posed as, if I had a TARC that switched to a new letter in the new system, does that make me the new letter for life after naturalisation – which as I understand, is no.

No. That’s right. You get a new ID.

Right now is a letter followed by 8 or 9

ID numbers for citizens with household registration are a letter followed by a 1 or 2. When you obtain household registration, your number will change and it will depend on where you register your household registration as to what letter you get.

1 Like

The numbers indicate gender binary?

If so, how the hell are they still allowed to do that in 2022?

If I’m wrong, let me know. :grin:

Guy

1 is domestic male
2 is domestic female
8 is foreign male
9 is foreign female
A is overseas male
B is overseas female
C is foreign male
D is foreign female

This is common knowledge.

1 Like

Wait what. :rofl:

Guy

Yeah. This has been discussed at length on the forum too. I am surprised you didn’t know about this.

So. For example, A1 would be Taipei City Domestic Male

M9 would be Nantou County Foreign Female

And MiB is a member of the British Secret Service.

1 Like

With many things, I am late to the party. But I’m willing to learn.

Just don’t feed me BS as I just might believe it!

Guy