Mom's Pies

Anyone seen these guys around recently? They appear sporadically around TaiDa / Gongguan, but I’ve seen them being harassed fairly wholeheartedly by the cops (even bought a pie while they were being slapped with a fine once!). Wonder if anyone knows some of their more regular spots…

Yeah, just got some pie from them on Tuesday, it’s still good :smiley:
This was out in Xindian, about 10min walk from Dapingling MRT station, they’re there every Tuesday from 12 to 2pm.

Found them today behind the Baptist mega-church across XinSheng from Taida. Yum! There every Tuedsay 4:30-6:30 the man said, and at the Shida road Watsons on Wednesdays at the same time–I’ll let you guess which Watsons.

They were in Nangang software park last week.

Seems I didn’t look at their website closely enough, because they actually post weekly routes for their pie sellers!

imomi.com.tw/shop/article.php?id=10

Click on the [ 相關下載 ]

Or click this directly, it’s in Word format:

imomi.com.tw/shop/data/artic … 545556.doc

Of course, the price of entry is a good hold on Taipei place names… in Chinese.

Lee

Below is the ordering info from their flyer which also has the order form as of Nov.-Dec. 2009. If I’m remembering correctly, I think I saw them at the corner of XinYi and JianGuo last Friday afternoon around 1:30.

Mom’s American Style Homemade Pies
Address: 75 Neihu Road Section 2 1 F Taipei
Registration # 16380499
Order two are more pies: free Delivery:
Order five or more pies: Only $330 ea. (must order two days in advance)
Delivery times: Tuesday – Friday
Ordering Telephone Numbers:
0935-504554 0922-091113 0922-324060
Eugene Su Samantha Wu Ken Xie
0931311215 0952-325022
Otis Hwang Frank Hwang
FAX: (02) 87973785
How to order:
Taipei City district: cash on delivery
Outside of Taipei City District:

1. Please fax your order two days in advance with a copy of your remittance slip.
  2. Remitting bank account: 兆豐國際金控銀行(松山機場分行) , 銀行代碼 : 017 , 戶名 : 蘇繼林
    account number : 055-10-610938

Man you would think these pies were free or something the way you guys are going on bout em? Sounds super good .

I guess they refuse to have a stationary store huh?

OH I used to love RED LEAF (hong yeh) cakes and boston pies. They were in an alley off of Renai road and near hsin sheng south road if i remember correctly. Anyone know if they are still around? Great chocolate cakes and boston pies and other pies too.

I just wondering about these guys. I saw a guy selling them out of his truck at Guting station last week.

I was walking by, the pie’s looked really good so I was tempted enough to have a second look. However, instead of buying, I settled for memorizing their website.

Came across their truck the other day. Good! As the OP said the pecan is the best–so far.

Just a heads up if anyone wants to order these days: due to the Mid Autumm Festival, they get a lot of orders, more than usual, so, if you want to have pie, you need to order a few days more in advance. (one of their sales people was here today and asked me to remind my colleagues, too)

Would I have just seen these guys a few days ago selling out of a truck near Papa Poulet in Tianmu? The pies I noticed were actually mixed - a variety of slices in each box. Didn’t pay much attention, mainly because (a) they were out of a truck (glad to know they’re alright, but I’m sorry, it doesn’t exactly inspire confidence) and (b) I was riding a bicycle and heading home toward Danshui, and while I was about to tuck some Jason’s groceries in a saddle bag, 30cm pies didn’t seem a good idea.

So count that as a pie truck sighted in Tianmu, around 2pm on Wednesday afternoon. Mom’s Pies? I’m not sure.

Maybe now I should grab a pair of binoculars and sit next to a railway track somewhere.

Different kinds in the same box? Yeah, they do that, those bastards. All it means is that you only get ONE slice of that goodness. Then you get all these OTHER slices of goodness, so you have to go back and buy like 10 whole pies.
They are GOOD. This is one case in which you don’t have to worry about them selling off the back of a truck. On poster Fox’s recommendation I once went up to their bakery and it is pristine. I’d recommend their wares to anyone. (Except maybe for the taro one – I just couldn’t work up any enthusiasm for that one.)

For those that want to order online or at least check out their selection imomi.com.tw/
They’ve added the names in English now as well.

That link doesnt seem to work.

Heres 2 blogs on em, with fone numbers to call .

laorencha.blogspot.com/2008/11/moms-pies.html

meieats.com/category/baked-goods/

i live at a stone’s throw from Mom’s pies. The only thing I don’t like about them is that they stop making the pies on Thursday. So if you order a box for the weekend (to give gifts or share with friends) they are always 2-3 days old and the crusts tend to become soggy.

However, we make up in the week what we lose out during the weekend. Pecan and pineapple are the best…then again some Pecan :smiley:

By the way, freezing them and then thawing works great. :smiley:

It works just fine for me, maybe it’s your ISP blocking it or something…

The link’s not working for me, either…

Works for me only to find out they’re not proper pies. Proper pies have meat and/or vegetables in them.

Ha ha! You’re obviously Australian, British, or South African! I agree with you, by the way!