Mom's Pies

Anyone had these before? My niece brought some over the other day. I tried some blueberry cheesecake (blueberries tasted artificial) and some regular cheesecake (cloying). The shortcrust pastry cases, however, were outstandingly good – really flaky and crispy, even straight out of the fridge.

However, there were also a couple of slices of pecan pie, and that was absolutely delicious and that’s the one I’ll be having again for sure. Does anyone know anything about this company?

Where did you buy them?

My niece brought them over. I dinna ken where she got them, and she’d already left the sandcastle before I got home so I couldn’t ask her.
Edit: I found a blog entry about them. Apparently they’re sold off the backs of trucks at various locations around Taipei.

http://meieats.com/category/baked-goods/

Archived

Ah, I think I’ve seen them. 7 years ago I worked at the Formosa Plastic Bldg, on Tunhua N. Rd., with a few thousand other people, and once a week a truck parked out back selling a wide variety of really good-looking pies. Stupidly, I never bought one. I no longer work there, but if I saw the truck again I wouldn’t pass up the chance as they did look very good.

I noticed a truck selling pies out of the back of it last Tuesday morning by the Subway restaurant in Muzha.
Not sure if that was a random stop or if it is there regularly.
There was quite a long lineup.

They’re regular if business is good, if not they move elsewhere. There was one on Wednesdays at about 4pm outside where I work, then one popped up in the lane by my house one night a week. Haven’t seen either for awhile. :frowning: The pecan is g :hungry: :hungry: d!

woops

Us Saffers like our pies, don’t we. I’ve had to suppress all my natural urges for yummy food, like pies, boerewors rolls, etc since living in Asia.

Now and then I’ll have a cook-up and try to replicate ‘back home’, but for the best part I suck up the food here, knowing in a while I’ll inveritably be back home chowing some lekker kos.

SA lingo 101
boerewors = farmer’s sausage (literally, and NO, not his sausage)
chow = eat
lekker = lovely
kos = food/fare

You’re in luck sandman. Their kitchen is about 300 meters from my house. I will take orders and deliver downtown to my school or drop them off at Ontap, just for you.

Ooh! That’s fantastic news Fox! I’ll be in touch when I next get a craving.

Where’s the kitchen?

It is very close to Bihu lake in Neihu on the same street as Neihu Elementary school about three doors down from Red Apple, a large nick-nack shop.

Here is the web address. They will deliver if you buy two or more pies. The quality is exceptional. They have been around for years. I think they started in Taichung and used to sell by word of mouth in Taipei. But the kitchen in Taipei has been there for three or four years already.
imomi.com.tw/shop/index.php

Thank you. :notworthy:

Is this place still in business? Will they deliver frozen, to other cities? That link didn’t work.

peoples who should know better are willing to buy things from the back of a truck then are dumbfounded when the scam artists goes under because of their use of melamine riddled “gorgeous” pastry crusts.

not that it’s safer in proper shops anyway,but buying off a mobile shop is begging for trouble IMHO

what are you talking about? scam artists and melamine? Maybe there weren’t enough people to stay in business?

Huh? WTF are you talking about? You have information that they use melamine-tainted products? Where did you get the info? Or are you just guessing?
I’m guessing that you’re wearing a pink and blue spotted thong right now. :unamused:

Oh I wondered where I left that :wink:

If Fox says their quality is excellent, and they have a fixed kitchen location, I wouldn’t let a bit of curmudgeonism by an off-island speculator put me off. Anyway, I won’t be buying their pies – I’m on a diet, and can make my own anyway. The question is for someone else, who wants to find out what can be delivered to another city in Taiwan. So, does anyone know if Mom’s Pies is still in business? Is there any up-to-date contact info?

Well, the website imomi.com.tw/ looks kind of functional to me… and at the bottom there is this info:

台北市內湖區內湖路二段75號1樓
Tel: 2627-5040、2627-2051 kenkr@pchome.com.tw