Money no object, where in Taiwan would you live and why?

I am a man of independent means with no need for a job, I am weathering the covid crisis on this beautiful island, but sometimes all this noise, traffic and pollution gets to me in the big city of Kaohsiung. If you could live anywhere with a better quality of life in terms of peace and quiet and cleaner air etc but not too isolated, where would you choose and why? A budget of about $1500 USD per month.

A budget of 1500 USD per month means money would very much be an object

25 Likes

I got a quiet rooftop apartment with view next to Nangang park ($11,000 nt monthly ) with small quiet side street, area is nice imo , so much better than the load Zhongxiao Dunhua area i lived beforeā€¦
some like tienmu tamsui shilin personal i think its about the location of said home itself

1 Like

Howā€™s that remotely possible?

1 Like

Wanhua

11 Likes

There are some very quaint lanes.

1 Like

I believed the etymology of the name is from the Japanese Banka, which is a mispronounced loan word.

2 Likes

I understand there are some deals to be had there right now.

Guy

4 Likes

Starting the topic with ā€œMoney no objectā€ and ending with $1500 USD per monthā€¦ Bro Taiwan isnā€™t that cheap lol

14 Likes

Its was empty for 3 months when we looked last year. The old china grandma had the worse photos ever, looked like texas chainsaw homeā€¦ we looked at 15 rooftop places on and i told gf lets go look nothing to loose, when arrived the lady said nobody came to look but usā€¦ photos mean alotā€¦
The place is so quiet no scooter noise, no Neigbor noise, yes no elevator, and i painted myself and constantly build and better the place. We sign a 2 year lease and probably will ask 2 againā€¦ as we are so happy
( from 591)

6 Likes

Op is 1500 usd for the home or all living?

And so is your landlady!

1 Like

Thats 42k NT a month - you can get a very nice pad for that kinda of price!

3 Likes

Still unsure if itā€™s just for the apartment or all living expenses.

3 Likes

You can move to the south or rural area away from city where air is fresh and enjoy good quality of life with good food and basic needs.

Taipei. Bicycling distance to mountains, walking distance to MRT. Maybe closer into the city than I do now (Danshui), mainly for better restaurants, but maybe not - being close to mountains and ocean is really nice.

To be honest, where I live now, just with a bigger apartment and a large enough balcony for a proper grill set-up.

But for me, thereā€™s a high correlation between ā€œbetter quality of lifeā€ and ā€œnot needing to drive.ā€

3 Likes

If money was no object, Iā€™d live out on one of those villas on the east coast with a private beach, no pollution. Like this one, which costs $2.1 billion NT or about $75 million USD

8 Likes

Money no object = Jade 12
$1500 USD per month = Donā€™t care

2 Likes

Is it an add-on shed?

Why are you in such disbelief?
No its tall ceilings and normal concrete, however the kitchen is outside on the balcony which is awesome, heat and oil muck stay out of the house !

We did see a shit add-on shed when looking