Money no object, where in Taiwan would you live and why?

I got a cat.

Monthly cost is more like 500nt for cat litter.

He takes like 6 months or more to go through a bag of Costco food.

Actually my cat prefers meat. Leftover biandang meat, chicken leg, etc., he loves it. He sometimes supplement his diet with the odd rat here and there… can’t do much about that.

Oh and you can get unlimited 4/5G internet for 600 a month. Really unlimited, and fast too.

1 Like

I give my cats proper food. If you want to fork out for exorbitant vet bills in the long run and watch it die prematurely of cancer, that’s your choice. It’s a matter of pay more now, pay less later.

Seriously doubt the cat will live 20 years regardless. Past age 10 they’ll have medical problems you will have to spend on the vet regardless.

He lives in Pingtung. :rofl:

But wait we’re the ones paying sacks of cash for lousier places here in the COVID infested north… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Guy

My monthly budget is 40,000. But I’m a single male with zero dependents. On that I live like a king. I eat out every day and travel at least once a month.

I don’t live in Taipei though I’m only an hour by car or hsr from 101.

My bills are $5,000 a month my rent is $9,000 (this month is was actually reduced). I have a car but walk everywhere and only drive weeks.

I do eat 7/11 but I don’t eat lunch boxes. I do get dinner supplied by work.

2 Likes

Just don’t live like a Lying King!

OK, I will let myself out . . .

Guy

1 Like

1 Like

I actually stayed in that hotel, and I think in that very room!
Small hotel in Songshan beside the Keelung River, and very close to Raohe Night Market.
It’s actually pretty decent.

Hualien?
Taitung?

Fewer people, closer to open spaces.

1 Like

Whats the qeustion? Anywhere not insanely overpopulated would be good.

People need to start to think, if we keep populating unpopulated areas, then where to go in cases of national emergencies? Just the mountains are left. but they have already mostly been reserved for various government land and aboriginal zoning. never mind the environmental catastophe that they are and the risks with natural disasters which is quite real. Probably this should be an obvious sign about taiwans severe overpopulated land mass but no one wants to be realistic about it. Its like the dragno baby and beeing born on taiwans centennial idiocy. They want economy to grow until it implodes…kind of like if a person eats and eats garbage cheap food until they die of cancer, diabetes and a heart attack all at once. Thats our policy on baby making and economy. they certainly dont open their arms to immigration and as such we are slowly commiting suicide here. Regardless of the blinders we chose to wear.

Please dont go to the east. Dont bring your need for 24/7 ac use. Constant need for shopping options. Needing restaraunts on every block. Leave one corner of taiwan alone to just be normal. Great business ideas with factories “helping the people” type bullshit. Let the east just be clean and pretty and.survive off of producing high quality food and tourism. Ironically the government in taitung country promotes this. Its the people moving there that are changing.it. interesting change from what people always saying the government is at fault.

I think you left your rose colored glasses on the table of the fine dining card table seafood restaurant. :laughing:

2 Likes

Without concern for weather, as the weather is not a factor whatsoever for me, so disregarding the weather, where can I live that doesn’t really get above 30C? With the lowest chance of monsoons. Preferably not too humid. And doesn’t really drop below 25C?

I am a man of independent means.

2 Likes

Taipei.

1 Like

Weather seems to be a factor. :idunno:

1 Like

I would have expected a gentleman of your erudition to have caught the sarcasm. :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

lol

I wasn’t certain who the OP was!

I thought OP was restating his position. jdshameshameonyou

And this stuff

well, with that kind of sarcasm, you have earned a beer when I get back rockside. :beers:

2 Likes

If you thought I was OP then I did my job. :laughing:

1 Like

“Money no object”

“Budget of $1500 a month.”

Uhh…

1 Like

Wait, so the $1500 isn’t just your budget for rent? That’s your budget for everything? That means money is not only an object, it’s a fairly substantial one. What you’re describing isn’t living like a king, it’s living like a regular middle-to-lower-middle-class single person.

The good thing is you seem to prefer rural areas, and rent is much cheaper there than in cities.

For me, if money were no object but I had to stay in Taiwan, I’d get a nice high rise luxury place in Taipei, a beach place, and maybe a mountain place.

I wouldn’t want to live in Taiwan at all with a budget of 40k NT, but if I had to do so I would definitely want to be in a cheap area.

Note you’re talking about two different people; @Liberty gave their opinion, but the original poster with the $1500 budget is @ryanx. Mind you, in the original post, it’s unclear if total budget or rental budget is the $1500.

1 Like