Moon Cakes, to eat or not to eat

Pomelos seem to be pretty easy to grow. I have seen a few trees on the street around here with them just hanging there, looking as unappealing as ever. No bugs or pests seem to bother them, even nature hates them…

1 Like

Indeed, but there were also kids at the hospital sick from eating pomelos only. Such a difficult to digest fruit I think also may create the environment for an infection to thrive.

Peeling pomelos is like peeling an elephant.

2 Likes

i like the taste of pomelos. i can’t even be bothered to peel an orange so i’m not too keen on peeling them. i was given a bunch of them yesterday, wonder if i can make something out of them…

That’s why I don’t eat shrimps. They taste nice but I hate shelling them. At least with fried chicken there’s lots of delicious meat

1 Like

Yeah, you also don’t need to shell chicken. So there’s that too.

1 Like

What if we could genetically modify shrimps to have no exoskeleton?

Apparently you’ve got some unshared stories from culinary school!

1 Like

I don’t think that’s feasible. You just need to make them extremely soft, like soft-shell crabs.

1 Like

Imagine a chicken with more wings and leg per chicken or all dark meat…

KFC will probably have your mutant six-winged chickens ready for mass consumption by 2025.

I want a chicken with no bones and just a big shell.

Yet another reason to avoid these things. :face_vomiting:

Guy

1 Like

Just buy domestic ones then. Haha

Another reason to buy Made in Taiwan.

How do mooncakes have african swine fever? Do some contain meat? I never eat those.

Supposedly the virus can survive for quite a while in pork products. There’s a lot of BS in Taiwan’s food trade rules and regs, though.

When cooked?

Well yeah … quite. Like I said a lot of it just boils down to trade protectionism and mindless drones enforcing the rules without applying any common sense.

Taiwan pig-meat is probably full of all sorts of horrible things if you test for them. But foreign products are often subject to completely different standards.