Moral difference between changing sex and changing sexual orientation

Yes , thank you. @Andrew0409 I’m not just trying to pick fights. I really care about clarifying statements.

What I first saw when you posted was maybe this

1. Being gay is fluid… Might be a choice
  2. Gender dysphoria might be a mental disorder.

Thank you for clarifying. I know that’s not exactly what you believe.
I know it’s complicated. Sorry for my quick responses. I really just wanted to clarify.

Thanks again

1 Like

It could be some people have a mental disorder that should be solved. There are people who later regretted transitioning and there are others that don’t. So that seems to suggest not everyone fits into the same category.

It’s a really complicated issue. I think it’s potential dangerous to make definitive claims about the issue. I

1 Like

I agree, thanks for clarifying

I think people are confused by why it matters if it’s some or a lot as they’re not definitive. What might be some to you, may be a lot to another person. It seems enough people in the world do believe it for it to be a topic discussed so I used a lot.

If 1m people believe it, that might be a lot. But when the world has billions of people, you could say it’s only some people from that POV.

Right. That makes sense. I guess I took it as you meaning that it was a widely accepted view. That’s what I was clarifying.

Like if someone had said some people are happier after gay conversion therapy. Does that mean most people that do it are happier and now should do it?
Or some were successful but it doesn’t really impact the larger numbers who see it as dangerous.

Something like that.

Jesus H. Christ.

What the fuck was that all about?

Also wrong forum.

1 Like

Where the science on gay conversion therapy stands:

On the other side, then, are what might be called “ high-tech conversion therapies .” These are interventions that would change a person’s orientation from predominately same-sex attraction to predominately opposite-sex attraction – or, indeed, the other way around . While these kinds of technologies are not currently available, based on the trajectory of scientific investigation, one of us has argued that “there is no good reason to think that such conversion may not one day be achievable.”