More Wack Things in Taiwan

ASK HG to post here about whack things in Australian hospitals.

I think that the problem with some cell phones are that if you stick them up your arse and then start calling, then some will vibrate themselves in instead of out.

I think that HG once posted about a cola bottle which somehow ended up a bloke’s arse as well. he can post more about that - due to vacuum, they could not get it out.

Morale: Don’t stick odd things up your backside.

more whack things in taiwan…my street especially
some retard had 3 goes at knocking my old scooter over (my driveway blocker)
12:15am

can anyone make out the plate? how about the car color?

anyway, i left the security camera program running all night in hopes of capturing more retarded episodes of the offender

i didn’t, but i did get these strange occurrences
what is it with taiwanese people always kicking stuff?
happened at 5:13am
myweb.hinet.net/home10/taiwanpsy … 246000.avi (about 5mb)
7:15am
myweb.hinet.net/home10/taiwanpsy … 347000.avi (about 5mb)

The kick stand is bent the wrong way, but i can still stand it up. Tested it with a few good shakes and it seems ok enough.

good times :s

The first one looks more like she is brushing some dirt away with her foot to see what is underneath, but she looks like she’s never seen a fallen over scooter before. :unamused:
The second one did kick it, as if it was some sleeping creature they are trying to wake up :idunno:

Was in Chaiyi last Saturday to celebrate FIL’s b-day. My wife bought a bottle of red wine made in Chaiyi… the label indicated that the maker’s liability for anything that might happened as a result of drinking the wine is limited to NT$ 3,000,000.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such an indication on a bottle of wine.

I told my wife we are NOT drinking the wine. Also, I told her to let me purchase the wine in the future. I mean, I may not be a wine connoisseur, but I think I would have selected a different bottle of wine.

Tigerman wrote

There’s a bit of history to the Chiayi reds.

“…such as the red wines churned out by a wine counterfeiting ring in Chiayi. When police raided the secret brewery they found two thousand litres of “wine” that had been made from flavouring, sugar, and pigeon feed!”
:astonished: :astonished:
Pg. 243, a book

[quote]the label indicated that the maker’s liability for anything that might happened as a result of drinking the wine is limited to NT$ 3,000,000.
[/quote]
Tigerman, you have GOT to keep that bottle, or at least the label. What a conversation piece. :laughing:

[quote=“sandman”][quote]the label indicated that the maker’s liability for anything that might happened as a result of drinking the wine is limited to NT$ 3,000,000.
[/quote]
Tigerman, you have GOT to keep that bottle, or at least the label. What a conversation piece. :laughing:[/quote]

We’ve actually two bottles. You want one?

Now if I had a big sax like that, I might try smoking marajuana through it. Sandman?

This happened last night on Fuxing Bei Lu. My buddy pulled a “u” turn and was moving about 60kph down the road when a cop ran out into the fast lane and tried to pull my 100KG buddy off the bike while he was moving. He (the cop) also tried to kick the scooter out from under my pal. Guy musta been really down on his quotas.

So what happened?

buddy swerved around him and kept going. :smiling_imp:

I imagine his rental guy will be getting a visit.

That reminds me, I promise one day I am going to pull the classic clothes line move on one of the scooters that is speeding down the sidewalks. I have already got hit once by one.

Yeah, I saw a cop chase a motorbike today. Shite, it was dangerous, down a busy main street swerving in and out of traffic and people.

I got hit by a guy in a motorised wheelchair on the sidewalk once. He seemed to swerve out of his way to get me. What do you do then? Chase the bastard down and club him?! “C’mere, cripple! You fucked with the wrong Big Nose!”

So, I stood around like a feeble pussy (shave, shave) for a bit, then hobbled off, ego seriously in tatters.

Since we are on the topic of whack traffic stories…

I was hit by a drunk driver at the corner of Hang Chou S. Rd., and Roosevelt Rd., some years back. Luckily, I jumped back just a second before his car struck me, then piled into a couple of parked cars and came to a stop. I was thrown to the ground - hard, and messed up my knee and arm - but nothing too serious.

When the guy’s car comes to a halt, he gets out of the car and proceeds to cuss me up and down in drunken Taiwanese. He even wants to have a go at me. Unfortunately for him, the accident happened right in front of the fire station there, and in seconds fireman were out checking out the comotion. Police came shortly thereafter.

I called a roommate of mine to come help, and take me to the hospital. The police take the guys license plates (which I thought was right on), and then pull me aside and tell me that if my friend and I want to beat the shit out of the guy for a few minutes they will turn the other way!

[quote=“skeptic yank”]
Chungli (Zhongli) is the gangster capital? I always thought Chungli (Zhongli) was “cleaner” in that regard than Taoyuan.[/quote]

I always thought Bei Gang (North Harbour) was Gangster Central, I’ve heard that Bei Jing Junior High in Chia Yi city is refered as a gangster factory due to the numbers of hoodlums to graduate from there.

Boston, about 1988 – some assholes tried to clip me with their car while I was bicycling home one night. I chased and got their plate, called the cops – and the (female) cop wouldn’t do anything about it, but did volunteer the registered address of the vehicle, without my asking for it, so I could trash the car.

Another strange thing we saw when last in Chaiyi…

The wife and I were walking and saw spray painted on one of those fences enclosing a construction site the following:

[color=blue]Zhejiang brides, call tel. no. --------, Two year guarantee[/color]

We wondered what the guarantee was… The bride will not run away before the two year anniversary?.. The bride will give birth to a male child within two years?

Like its not whack enough advertising brides on construction site fences…

Almas John… you got the scoop on this one?

i’m pretty sure the two year guarantee is that she won’t run off for two years. but they usually qualify that guarantee in the contract that there hasn’t been any domestic violence.

all the fences here are spraypainted with the word ‘divorce’ and a phone number. boy, your marriage must have really hit the rocks if you’re consulting graffiti for a divorce lawyer.

Saw a happy young family the other day…Mom driving the scooter, dad behind her, holding a newborn infant (facing the road), on his knee with one hand on the baby and one on the back of the scooter. To share the shock of this, let me inform you of a few facts: 1) newborns cannot sit up by themselves. 2) Their heads are too heavy for their necks to support so they need support to keep their heads from snapping their necks, especially from the front since this is where most of the head’s weight lies (the baby’s head was facing away from the parents and toward oncoming traffic with no support to speak of). 3) newborns’ heads do not have a fully formed skull so any injury affects their brains directly. They passed a traffic cop who didn’t even acknowledge their existence. I’m suprised “Dad” didn’t grab one of junior’s clenched fists and give the officer a little baby hello as “Mommy” sped by with them on the back. Even typing this makes me relive the anger I feel for those people putting their child’s life in danger like that.