Mosquito control

Spiders or geckos eat mosquitoes?

I find that ē¶ ę²¹ē²¾ also helps repel them. Not sure whatā€™s in it. You may also want to try oil of lemon eucalyptus, itā€™s supposed to be a strong repellent

Use duct tape to secure and seal the screen frames - quick and cheap

3 Likes

sounds idyllic.
youā€™ve probably got enough ideas here to try.
only other thing to suggest is asking the rice farmers themselves how they deal with mosquitoes without using chemicals, etc.
farmers sometimes have interesting solutions to things

So, its 2am again and still no sleep. Im going to go take pics of bugs i like to enter my zen stateā€¦if im going to get bit might as well be doing something fun.

Geckos and spiders do very little. Ive bred thousands of both anf can say with 100% certainty they are not affective. Dragon flies on the other handā€¦effective but not always around. Mosquito larvae parasites and/or predators might be where its at but will require a mobile stage of life to be able to infiltrate the mosquito dens. Im searching for local species, will mention if have positive results.

Will try that oil out. Im pretty sure weve got it already but hasnt been super effective. Great to avoid bites when rubbed on body/clothes/close proximity but doesnt keep them away at night in the room.

I think the co2 idea is right on the money as they are attracted to it. Really want to try this one out. But for now will try all above options put first, get a couple good sleeps then test them out individually.

Local farmers we are on good terms with and talk lots. Their solution to everything here is either burn or sprayā€¦so im looking for meaningful sollution i can latet on share with them. The closest they got was burning orange peels. Then i asked them what they sprayed on their oranges and we all agreed maybe not an ideal solution.

Have you considered adopting a couple of cats to help with the mice? Depending on their personalities they can be pretty adept at hunting them and their presence tends to deter them. They might do unsavory things like leave the corpses for you as a token of affection, but at least they kill them. You might end up with a lazy son of a bitch who has no interest in hunting/wonā€™t work for their rent, though. Anyway, just something to think about, if you donā€™t mind or are fond of cats.

Lots of great tips here for mosquitoes already. Iā€™d add that the oils that drive them away can be quite pungent, sometimes strong enough to disturb your sleep, so watch out for that. Donā€™t go spraying it all over your body or bed all willy nilly or you might really regret it. You could also start growing some å·¦ę‰‹é¦™, I have several pots of that in my windowsill and mosquitos almost never come in through there because they donā€™t like the smell.

2 Likes

Ya i like cats, and even more dogs. But my work takes me out of town a lot and i couldnt responsibly care for them. Sometimes im out of country up to 4 months at a time. If i was permanently fixed here i would have cats and dogs in a heartbeat. The warehouse we rent for our agriculture business is surrounded by cats, not seen a single rodentā€¦not even a squeek!

1 Like

I recently read that a so called ā€œorganic farmerā€ who claimed not to have sprained anything on his crop, had wiped out over a thousand birds. It seems to be pretty common occurrence here in Taiwan. Just kill everything and pretend you had nothing to do with it or blame everyone else.

A few dozen? How are so many getting in your house? I would find out how to keep them out.

There you go ! Problem reduced.:smile:

Ugh. Iā€™d rather have the mosquitoes.

2 Likes

I heard it repels mosquitos and any other form of life with as much or more intelligence.

1 Like

Mind you , we have not yet tried your music selection on them yet . :crazy_face: :smiley: I will repeal that sentiment ā€¦one day ā€¦with hope.

edited. Need a beerā€¦ or two.

Hope @Brianjones didnā€™t promise you one . Iā€™ve been waiting 10 years :joy::kissing_heart:

1 Like

First oneā€™s on you. :grin:

1 Like

xD

I use the Japanese chemical bombs that last one year. Last year I used them, no problem with mosquitoes.

This year I set them upā€¦ buzz buzz around my head. The reason? Certain fat cats tore the screens apart. Metal screens.

You might want to give this a try.

" LED Bionic Violet Wave" , " [USB POWERED LED MOSQUITO KILLER LAMP]", " anti-escape box" :rofl::rofl::rofl: Certainly has all the buzz words in there! If only mosquitoes were attracted to lightā€¦

1 Like