Most Offensive or Amusing Store name in Taiwan

Just yesterday, at the Chung Shan mall, I ran into a sign for something called “Little Ding-Dong Science Park.” (It seems that “Little Ding-Dong” is the name of its cartoon-character mascot.)

I know that place! It’s on the way to Xinzhu (from Taoyuan, I forget which highway). I snapped a pic of that sign because I thought it was amusing. :laughing:

Used to drive by a KTV-club call Mperor

Is ‘little ding-dong’ the alternative name of Doraemon, that blue Japanese cartoon (cat)? I’d like to see a ‘big ding-dong science park’, but perhaps such a place could not be found in Taiwan…

Caf’e Grazie, Open until Midnight 2:00

Seen not only once but twice (Guting branch and at the one near Nanjing/Jianguo)

“Bin Laden” Betelnuts.

EWE on xinyi road across from da an park…

on the road from taoyuan to ingu (sp?), there is a restaurant with the slogan:

chinese fart food

almost fell off my bike. wonder what they serve?

Today’s TAIWAN NEWS, Englishy newspaper, on the editorial page, has a political cartoon by a local artist, showing foreigners Bush and Kerry fighting it out in a high noon gunfight set up.

but they are not using guns, they are using piles of SHIT, MERDE, and slinging them at each other.

It’s crude, it’s rude, it’s Asia, where shit has a different meaning than in the Christian anal-retentive feces-resistant West. If you have a newspaper edition, take a look. I almost fell off my chair, except I was standing up.

Would never pass the editorial censors in the UK or USA, but in Taiwan, shit flies…

Wouldn’t be surpried to see a store named SHIT NOODLES one day and get away with it. There’s already GARBAGE NOODLES in Yingke.

LP Pub might a good name, too, after the recent ''balls" media hoopla.

Good gravy, where on earth did you find that?

The factory-reject clothing store on the corner of Xin Yi and XinSheng (I think?) Rds.
I can’t quite read the name in Chinese, but it has a yellow and blue sign that says “Let us be your Prime Mate!”

No thanks, I got a monkey on my back as it is…

There is a luxury sports car dealership/garage in west Taichung. They have a large sign proclaiming proudly;
“Maintained by Louts.”

One letter out of place can make all the difference.

my nephew wore a T-shirt today with some bunnies, an island with palm tree … and the words

YOUNG BOY KEPT FOR SEXUAL PERVERSION

No kiddin’. Before I could take a photo, his mother made him change the shirt :frowning:

Many shirts simply have senseless “English”, but this …

[quote=“bob_honest”]my nephew wore a T-shirt today with some bunnies, an island with palm tree … and the words

YOUNG BOY KEPT FOR SEXUAL PERVERSION

No kiddin’. Before I could take a photo, his mother made him change the shirt :frowning:

Many shirts simply have senseless “English”, but this …[/quote]

Forgot to say: he is 7 years old !!!

Photo please, I find this difficult to believe. Where did they get it? Japan? I could do with a new T-shirt.

The most amusing store name I have seen was for a children’s clothing store aptly named “Les Enphants”, with an elephant over the name.
I thought that was pretty clever. (les enfants, being French for children)

Not quite weird store names, but good for a laugh anyway … When I first arrived in Taiwan, I was walking through the Gongguan Night Market on Roosevelt, and passed by one of those fly-by-night teeny bopper clothing stores with a huge display for “sissy boy” jeans. Except for that one time, I never saw the brand in stores or on any hapless customer …

Another classic night market jacket that I saw a while back and I wish I’d bought … a black jacket with a big screaming eagle logo on the back, kind of what you’d expect to see on a biker jacket. But the text below, instead of saying “Harley Davidson” or “Born to Ride”, there was a random jumble of consonants and random punctuation characters taking up three lines:

KKJRKGHKVPL’WQMNNKP
MN,ZXCZCDZECZMMMZC
DSFJFSJFLNCN!

When I visit Taiwan now, I usually get a selection of night market copyright ripoffs for friends back home … San Francisco 48ers, CK hats which read “Cavalier Killerdiller” instead of Calvin Klein … they’re original gifts, funny, and something you definitely won’t see in any mall or high street store back home …

Yeah, I would think that Mother Fucker would win this contest, hands down. There’s also a Mother Fucker in the back alleys of XiMen Ding.

On a similar note…one of my favorite product names is the HeiRen toothpaste…which translates to Black Person toothpaste. I haven’t quite figured out if that’s amusing, offensive, or whatever…

I had the pleasure of enjoying an [color=red]embryo crisp (some sorta crunchy rice concotion)[/color]today…mmmmm pregaliscious