Motorcycle Questions and General Hangout

A cross between a brick and a boat at the moment. I have a 883, changing the rear suspension this week as it’s gotten a bit soft.

a harley? in TW??? Cool bike (despite my harley aversion), but I can’t say I envy that :sweat_smile:

My grandad was riding Indian and Triumphs before I was even thought about, I always had chops and custom bikes but stayed away from Harleys myself.
This came up at the right price when I was looking at a Bolt 950, needed a little work and cleaning (still needs a bit of restyling), but to be honest its held its price even as an older bike.

2 Likes

id be too worried about some dip running into it or something, given the parts availability here prob not being great?

Time for an e-bike.

1 Like

???

helpful

missed your earlier post here, same, but my issue is that i don’t find chopper anything cool. Just never really met a cool harley person, and always just had the assumption that they were kinda pricks, and that’s rubbed off on my view of the style. I like cruiser/somewhat bobber styles, but the upturned fuel tank gives me a bit of a chopper feel and sometimes I think it’s a bit of a turn-off.

Incidentally, I saw a ton of the 500 adn 1100 variant over the weekend up at Hehuanshan, and the seat looked just heavenly after hours on the Wolf :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

What else would you be considering alongside it? Just curious.

Yeah. I mean the only other white plate option is the W175 I think, if you’re looking true classic style and not neo-retro or whatever nonsene they’re calling the likes of the FXS and the Husqvarna bikes.

The W800 or whatever it is is a super cool looking bike tho, but yeah. Insane cost. Can’t justify that.

Brand new, z650rs. Used, w800, sv650. But i think best bike for big boxes and a passenger is gonna be the rebel 500. I don’t want something bigger and heavier

ooo yea that z650rs is properly nice. i have no idea, but I imagine the SV650 does ok with pillion? I’ve honestly no idea, haven’t seen one in person I don’t think. But I know that the Rebel seems to be pretty damn nice, although I think the passenger footpegs I’ve seen on some might be modded but I’m not entirely sure. Feel like the ones i’ve seen didn’t seem to be in the same place as those online, but idk.

Bettet than some, similar to my Wolf I think, maybe a bit higher

Also not so expensive new, and lots of aftermarket parts. Plenty used in taiwan but for the price difference I’d rather get from the dealer

1 Like

you may want to have a look at the Honda CL STREET also around the same price.

2 Likes

I don’t like the high exhaust, I don’t plan to go off road and it gets in the way for side box or saddlebag, but @cdn1234 might find that new import up his alley

2 Likes

I feel like that high exhaust would be awful for the pillion :joy::joy:

But I do like the styling, somewhat, and it’s also a yellow or?

Still on my white liscense for quite a bit :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Come on you dont really want scooters beating your bike off the line ? :rofl:
Down gear it , do a wheelie and leave them in the dust. :wink:

1 Like

brother I care not :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I prefer to look left and right before I go instead of looking at my phone and sprinting off the line is not conducive to that lol

As far as the wolf goes I usually have to slow shift out of first gear or I get false neutrals, so I get beaten mostly anyhow. First gear got super damn short legs.

1 Like

That brings back memories (About slipping into neutral). Did you ever ride a large scooter over 200cc ? They are pretty fun and comfortable. Fast off the line I would guess (Not that an old guy like me would know that). I’m finding this thread very interesting. :+1:t3:

1 Like

You may like the Hartford 223h if your still looking for a white plate, but again the exhaust is a bit high and I normally see them with a single sided canvas pannier.

https://www.moto7.net/2020/10/hartford-223h-owner.html

I’m also gifted with those, I make a dachshund look tall.

1 Like

Heard avoid avoid avoid about these… Look cool but QC apparently bit or miss. Don’t need a new questionably reliable bike to replace my mostly reliable old bike.

Really just can’t get everything I want in white category :man_shrugging: frustrating but true.

Newer Wolf like TT would be closest but it lacks the thing I want to pay more for most, namely ABS. Yellow and red plate are just inconvenient and I can’t get one :joy::joy:

1 Like

Here is a list of current and past TW models and prices when new, so you can get an idea if what’s on offer.

1 Like

I really like the Husqvarna 250 svart but I’m worried about KTM QC and supply chain for parts…